4 things that NEED to change about warzones and queues

Gaeta

First off, I absolutely love PvP gameplay in TOR. My problems lie in the obstacles of getting into that PvP gameplay:

1. Please place me back in my group that existed before I entered a warzone

It is very, very annoying having to re-group in order to get back to questing or to re-queue for more warzones together. If your queue pops while in an instanced area with friends, when you come back out you can be getting jumped by mobs while your former groupmates are now kicked out of your instance and not able to get in to help you.

2. Please make the "requeue warzone" button unchecked by default

It is so, so easy to forget about that button in the bottom right when you're looking at your score and those of your friends. This creates problems afterwards when you try to re-queue manually at a time of your own choosing, and most especially when you re-group with your friends and someone is already queued. What ends up happening is that I re-queue as a group, see some people are already in a solo queue because of that checkbox, leave queue (which only makes me leave, not the group) and instruct the other 3 people to re-leave their queue even when some have already done it. This process can cycle through a couple times until everyone is finally out of the queue. It is extremely annoying! This leads into issue 3...

3. Change the group queue to be controlled by the group leader.

I keep running into problems with people already in a queue, or if I try to join a queue as a group but one person is ineligible, it still puts the rest of us in the queue. Let the group be treated as a single entity for queue purposes and let the group leader determine when to enter and exit the queue.

4. Allow Operations groups to queue for warzones

Part of me feels that this is a design philosophy that I simply don't understand the reasoning of. Does Bioware not want premade groups? I've encountered several times where I have 4 friends that want to PvP together with me, but I can only take 3 of them. Do we have to draw straws to see who gets to play? I'm willing to allow groups of 8 hardcore PvPers to kick my team's butt every now and then if it means I can group with more than 3 friends at a time for warzones.

Thank you for reading. Please /sign if you agree

bumpity

I would like to see everything you mentioned, they will introduce rated warzones sometime after launch(operation Q). /sign threads will be closed and ignored though. They want feedback, not petitions.

Edited by Rabbican

#4 is to prevent premades from steamrolling other people. (Yes i get thats the point of them)

It happened in WAR and it wasnt fun.

BW knows since sith out # republic you'll already win Ilum 100% of the time, so you dont need to win 100% of the warzones too.

You also forgot getting commendations for providing for the warzone, i'm tired of being last in everything because i go for objectives rather than running around hitting things with my saber. Your 4th point, about ops queuing for wz's, i don't think that'll happen, BW said they are making rated wz's so be patient, i don't want my pug to get stomped by some random premade.