Everyone 2k+ win trading?

BillyMayesHere

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily but I can say that most do use unlegitimate "tactics." This one guy I just reported was obvious as hell. 50+ rating points for just 4 matches? Right. Legit.

If you want a 100% legit name then I am gonna call out Nightrain on his juggernaut - he just plays a lot and he doesn't do anything - sync queuing is not possible on impside where he is.

There is Alim, who I don't like but his Imperial characters are 100% legit, Xemir and so is Shek. Thing is on some servers we have / had trolls queuing as ranked healers or tanks purpusefuly ruining matches. If it wasn't for one troll (or a bot of one of the top 3 guys who multiboxed for rating..) I took advantage of queuing and played against him I wouldn't be anywhere close my current rating.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

well just look at TR Mercs...

There are guys with 30 - 45 wins as Merc in Team Ranked and they have almost 1900 rating on Darth Malgus.... those Ratings cannot be legit.... nobdoy see those guys in Team Ranked at primetime... they probably never played against other high rated players.

As'ana has got 171 wins (2,100 Rating) which seems legit to me and he plays in one of the best teams on DM.

No, there are no fully legit 2k+ players in solo that I know of.

There is no way you can have that ELO considering number of people who purposefully lose, bads, DCs, bad matchmaking, top players playing on alts with no / low rating, backfilling, hackers (didn't notice much outright hacking lately though) and just common misunderstanding. And of course luck.

In TR the situation is different.

No, there are no fully legit 2k+ players in solo that I know of.

There is no way you can have that ELO considering number of people who purposefully lose, bads, DCs, bad matchmaking, top players playing on alts with no / low rating, backfilling, hackers (didn't notice much outright hacking lately though) and just common misunderstanding. And of course luck.

In TR the situation is different.

There are probably some. Some of the more dedicated healers and tanks are probably capable of queue dodging others while still be good themselves. As for DPS, no not really. There are probably a couple legit players on each server, but for all the reasons you mention solo is just too random. Take myself of example. I was at 1492 as the highest on my mara this season and now I am down to about 1350. All too random, and that is why a point system would suit ranked better, at least solo ranked.

I can guarantee you for a fact that I did not win trade. My jugg tank Janglor is at 2003, and my PT tank Bo'Jangles is at 2026. Now I will admit I got a pretty solid portion of my rating from beating up on bad teams looking for materials or farming the Toxic/KnightFall/For The Mats teams that were prevalent everyday on Satele Shan over the holidays. But we didnt win-trade or set up a single match.

I'd also speak to Jukebox, the top guardian on the server in Juicy Gang. They didnt win-trade, they just sat in que and wrecked people.

First, i love how the OP gave 45 minutes for people to respond before complaining... sheesh give it some time.

2nd, there are certainly plenty of TR folks who do have that. When the season started and the only way to get mats was group ranked, even a mildly competent group could win 20 or more matches in a row. Now I guess you could call that cheating, but it's not like they had any control over their opponents.

In Yolo, it's probably a little more rare. There are definitely some who are (especially if you are a good heal or tank, especially heals you can carry a lot of bad). And I'm sure there are some dps too, but that is probably more rng based.

But getting that high, especially if you start now, is pretty unlikely. You need to start from the beginning of the season and just go crazy. If you are good enough, you'll definitely get up to 1700 or 1800 if you work at it long enough (which should be high enough to get gold tier, but who knows).

You need to start from the beginning of the season and just go crazy. If you are good enough, you'll definitely get up to 1700 or 1800 if you work at it long enough (which should be high enough to get gold tier, but who knows).

Even the best dps player with the most fotm class will be subject to the constant random. You would need to carry at least 1 entire person each match, and very few people can do that in every match.

the problem right now is not q-syncing or hacking. also not wintrading to that extent because it is more obvious and depending on luck in solo ranked. a lot of the top3 players are using the backfill exploit and with that you almost never lose rating. you can find them in the leaderboard when you compare their wins and rating. when you are above 2k it is impossible to get +20 rating in a match. still those players avarage +25 for their wins and that by not even counting their losses. it is so easy to spot who is using this exploit yet bioware isnt doing anything in that matter.

the problem right now is not q-syncing or hacking. also not wintrading to that extent because it is more obvious and depending on luck in solo ranked. a lot of the top3 players are using the backfill exploit and with that you almost never lose rating. you can find them in the leaderboard when you compare their wins and rating. when you are above 2k it is impossible to get +20 rating in a match. still those players avarage +25 for their wins and that by not even counting their losses. it is so easy to spot who is using this exploit yet bioware isnt doing anything in that matter.

Is this done by using 2 accounts (or friends) and then leaving a match on a disregard character, and immediately queuing on your main, and then dropping queue if you do not get an instant pop? Or is there something more clever about it?

Edit: @mods: I am just thinking out loud here. Backfilling seems to have been around since the beginning, but feel free to delete this post if needed be.

Edited by Lundorff

My dear Lundolff...

You think too much about it and try to find answers as to why you can't get rating like those people...;)

You cannot prove that they aren't legit. You just can't.. Everything you state is just assumption without any base or facts. I was in the same boat as you.

Your initial ten games are the most important. If you mess those up, it's pretty much over for you unless you are an operative, heal, skank tank. You will always be matched with poor players and climbing will be very hard, but not impossible.

After my first 10 games I had 930 rating and I am not ashamed to admit that I am struggling to reach 1200 ever since. It's too much random. I had weeks when I went up to 1170 in 2 days and lost everything in days to come. I am powerless, I have no control over my team mates and I kinda gave up. I play for enjoyment now.

I would roll another alt and try again, but I don't feel like wasting my UC's...

After I gain like 150 points the more I que, the bigger the chance of losing it all.

The fix to would be to add points to losses too... so if you get a quitter, thrower on your team, you won't get -14 for it.

Hehe... I can't help myself being curious about these tricks people are using :cool:. I would never use them myself though; it would defeat the entire purpose of playing ranked. It has to be legit, like queue dodging.

Instead I have come up with a Totally Mega Awesome scheme for getting good initial rating. By the start of the season you simply cycle through 10 identical characters (same class, spec and gear) all with random names. After those 100 matches are completed, you simply pick the one with the best rating, and rename it as your "main". Ez gg :D:p

(I haven't actually done this... Yet.)

It has never been easier to get 2K without exploiting or cheating or whatever else people are doing these days.

The group ranked queue is filled with mat farmers at random hours of the day, when they can be easily farmed by any competent team willing to put up with the monotony for the freelo.

And that sucking sound you hear when you log in? It comes from the vacuum left by the sudden departure of just about all of the remaining talented solo ranked players (and there were already hardly any left in season 8). Class balance is still awful enough to help boost you on the right specs, and playing healer or tank is still the fast track to elo that it always has been. And you don't even need a ratio of 2 wins per loss to get 2K as a dps. Just a bit over 50% can do the trick.

And you don't even need a ratio of 2 wins per loss to get 2K as a dps. Just a bit over 50% can do the trick.

Does this also work at level +1700? Wouldn't you be losing 10-20 ELO for a loss, while only gaining <10 for a win?

oh yes, one guy is obviously not playing legit atm getting crazy rating with ridiculously little amountof wins doing the thing. I reported him but he's still there.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Does this also work at level +1700? Wouldn't you be losing 10-20 ELO for a loss, while only gaining <10 for a win?
It's not nearly that lopsided in practice because the 1700-2000 bracket is not high enough for it to be unlikely that other players of your same rating are in queue. It only takes one other 1700 player on the other team to equalize your impact on the rating gain/loss at the end of the arena. If this is the case said gain/loss will hover reasonably close to +10, making a sub 66% win % enough to continue climbing.

It's not until you start to get farther into 2K+ that the likelihood of another player in rating similar to you for the algorithm to pit you against to really drop off hard, which is when you'll start getting chunked for 18, 19, 20+ for losses.

Remember, arenas of eight 2500 players duking it out would not produce huge gains and losses - they'd produce +10s. But there just aren't enough people in the queue to produce even games at above average elo in SWTOR.

Edited by yellow_

A group of 1800-2200s vs a group of no rating shown (does not show rating if they have less than 10 games or less than 1200 rating) nets you usually 4 points. If a couple of them have some rating, like 1300-1400, you get 6 or 7. Those losses would likely cost you >20 points.

It has never been easier to get 2K without exploiting or cheating or whatever else people are doing these days.

The group ranked queue is filled with mat farmers at random hours of the day, when they can be easily farmed by any competent team willing to put up with the monotony for the freelo.

And that sucking sound you hear when you log in? It comes from the vacuum left by the sudden departure of just about all of the remaining talented solo ranked players (and there were already hardly any left in season 8). Class balance is still awful enough to help boost you on the right specs, and playing healer or tank is still the fast track to elo that it always has been. And you don't even need a ratio of 2 wins per loss to get 2K as a dps. Just a bit over 50% can do the trick.

Hey thats us!

Everyone rated above me is a cheater, everybody rated below me sucks. #EloLogic.

You forgot the general part: everyone taking rating seriously in the current environment (considering that even if not ALL are cheating purposedly, the can't avoid AFKs and throwers on the OTHER side, and regardless some others are cheating) gotta find some other ranking systems in the world if he really is that desperate to compare himself to other people. [That or truly gotta get the shinies from Giradda's vendor]

A group of 1800-2200s vs a group of no rating shown (does not show rating if they have less than 10 games or less than 1200 rating) nets you usually 4 points. If a couple of them have some rating, like 1300-1400, you get 6 or 7. Those losses would likely cost you >20 points.
If you're replying to me, I'm talking about solo ranked