This is a serious matter to be handled or you will lose players...

Troopstormer

I love the game itself its fun its very well built, but the time and effort trying to loggin in to this game i ridiculous.

Tomb of freedon Nadd is a server my friends choose to play, they are up at lvl 30+ so i do understand their choice not to switch server.

However seeing how Bioware, EA and Lucas arts have the money to atleast buy more and more stabilized server its freakishly annoying.

I hope this is a temporary thing, but if you expect people to have to spend 2-3 hours everytime they want to play you are in deep water.

Not to mention the sudden FPS drop to the game. I Played the beta with 45 fps, no hardware change or software change it decreased to 10 fps, this is just a shame.

I dont mean to flame, just expressing my opinion on how well the launch of this game has been.

Blizzard didnt have this problem while launching world of warcraft.

How is it that SWTOR has this problem?

All im saying is, please for godsake you should fix this....

I love the game itself its fun its very well built, but the time and effort trying to loggin in to this game i ridiculous.

Tomb of freedon Nadd is a server my friends choose to play, they are up at lvl 30+ so i do understand their choice not to switch server.

However seeing how Bioware, EA and Lucas arts have the money to atleast buy more and more stabilized server its freakishly annoying.

I hope this is a temporary thing, but if you expect people to have to spend 2-3 hours everytime they want to play you are in deep water.

Not to mention the sudden FPS drop to the game. I Played the beta with 45 fps, no hardware change or software change it decreased to 10 fps, this is just a shame.

I dont mean to flame, just expressing my opinion on how well the launch of this game has been.

WoW's launch was terrible. They did not have enough servers, so many crashes, with several realms down for 24 hrs.

I have not had a decrease in FPS on my computer, update your drivers or git rid of all the malware on your computer.

WoW also had very long queues. Many people waited over an hr to get in. A hr wait time has happened some here, but when I log in during peak time many TOR realms have about a 30 min wait, not 2-3 hrs.

Please quit spouting off exaggerated claims.

Made me laught. Did you play the vanilla wow mate? there were no contens at this high standard.

But the queue time can be better

Edited by Eschelund

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Allright now that I'm done laughing, let's be serious shall we?

The first week of WoW (7 years ago, I was there!) was a terrible time of incredible lag and server crashes. There were no queues on any server at the time, know why? Because those didn't exist back then. They implemented them shortly after to keep server population reasonable and make them playable.

I'd rather have to wait 20-30min than not being able to play. Bioware is opening servers at a decent pace, and I expect more will open soon. Some people will move off, people will get off the first planets and the queues will get better.

Made me laught. Did you play the vanilla wow mate? there were no contens at this high standard.

But the queue time can be better

SW:ToR did not have to face Vanilla, it's facing Cata and there are no queue times or FPS breaks. But flaming on the first week is not fair. Let's see what happens till January...

I gues you were on a dead WoW server then.

We had 3-5h waiting line on our server from launch till deep into BWL, more after server reboot.

Even at night you had to wait about 20min.

The lines are insane that is true. Especially since there are not that much people around ON the servers, several fold less then during stress test.

I am a little afraid of "regular" launch day and would never log out, if my IP did noch change once every 24h.

Extra servers would be nice tbh.

I'm trying to log in right now and some of the ques exceed 2 hours, luckily my server is estimated 25 minutes.

Most of the the population isnt even playing yet, putting up more, even doubling your servers before launch would probably pay off

Play the 30 days that come with the game + early access

If problem still exists after the 30 days then stop playing until the forums report a higher level of player satisfaction.

I personally have no intention of setting up a payment plan until I know I will get value for money. I have waited 3 years for the release of SWTOR. I can wait a bit longer.

WoW's launch was terrible. They did not have enough servers, so many crashes, with several realms down for 24 hrs.

I have not had a decrease in FPS on my computer, update your drivers or git rid of all the malware on your computer.

WoW also had very long queues. Many people waited over an hr to get in. A hr wait time has happened some here, but when I log in during peak time many TOR realms have about a 30 min wait, not 2-3 hrs.

Please quit spouting off exaggerated claims.

i see what he is saying is not the launch is the server it self this servers need to be able to handle more players on them before they put ppl on queos right now it look like this servers are made to have 1k mass pop and then you fuk and 1k is my own make belive number i think is allot lest

i think is more like 500players wish is real bad

What? WoW did have this problem. WoW you got the loot bug when looting bodies and mines forcing you to log off and restart every few times when it comes to looting. In WoW the servers on release kept crashing because blizzard didn't expect to have anywhere near the players that they did. The que times were outrageous. On Warsong I had to wait 3+ hours just to get in and play. It wasn't the only server with an outrageous que time. WoW had a rocky launch. Don't get me started on people falling under the world..

The queue's are indeed rather annoying (makes me unable to play quite alot), but I hope this will be fixed come launch-day. Either by raising the online-player-cap or by offering free migrations (guild-migrations?) to new servers.

Sure enough alot of new players will select low-populated servers, but I suspect quite many of the new arrivals have friends that's already playing and has chosen a server, which is why I hope there'll be a free migrations coming.

SW:ToR did not have to face Vanilla, it's facing Cata and there are no queue times or FPS breaks. But flaming on the first week is not fair. Let's see what happens till January...

And WoW has to face that is no longer the new shiney game, and alot of people are getting burned out on it judging from the 1.5 or so subs lost the last few weeks and the companies stock outlook downgrade based primarily on SWTOR coming out. I would say the investor types are a little scared about WoW's outlook right now. Yes CATA had alot of new content but SWTOR has 800+ (if you play all classes) hours of all new just story leveling content. That is alot of new content for WoW to contend with. I think it kinda equals out.

Yes I know, Wow had/have this problems too.

But actually only preorder people are playing the game (this means Bioware kows the exact number of players for a quite while) and we have to wait 2 hours bevore we can play.

In my opinion it was a failure to invite the people by waves and to add server by server.

Because now you have extremely high populated servers and a lot of new players will not choose the servers because of the population. They will join their already playing friend:rolleyes:.

So Bioware should alow servertransfers to solve this problem.

And the next big issue is, that the server does not remember your IP. This means gamecrashes or disconnects will immediately place you in the login queue.

The rest of the game is amazing!!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

We ask that topics posted in Star Wars General Discussion stay focused on the Star Wars™ franchise. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. If you wish to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, please use the General Discussion forum.

Also, Server Queues is a very popular topic right now, resulting a lot of threads being created about this matter. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one please, please join the on-going discussion here: Regarding Sever Queues. This helps us keep the forums as organized as possible.

Thank you for understanding!

Edited by Noviru