Twisted Legends (Empire) Guild accepting Applicants and other Guilds!

Prelate

Greetings inhabitants of ‘The Harbinger’ server, from the Twisted Legends!

Hear our guild song!

Our Guild Motto: “Jedi go to heaven, Sith go all the way!”

Twisted Legends is an Imperial Ops (Raid) and PVP guild that is looking for quality applicants to join our guild and our online gaming community (we are a presence in multiple games and MMO’s). We are also open to absorbing other guilds through mergers (we’ve absorbed 5 since the game launched). We were on The Harbinger at launch, as one of the original pre-launch guilds, and have been a presence since minute one of both beta and headstart/pre-release. (We are also a guild presence in other MMO’s, and our members often play other PC and console games together.) Above all else, we also know that this is a game, and your life offline from SWTOR is your priority (most of the time.. we all have those days..). “RL comes first”. We do not have mandatory attendance policies, but we do ask that if you sign up for something or tell someone you'll do something, that you honor that obligation, or at least let us know if something comes up that you can't.

Whether you join us in Twisted Legends, or not, I strongly encourage each of you that is looking for an authentic and enjoyable social/guild/game experience to really get to know the leadership and membership of any guild you consider joining. It will have an impact on your overall game experience, and since we game to have fun, why cheat yourself of exactly the right kind of guild you want/need to maximize your enjoyment of a game?! You might be shocked at the number of amazing friendships you can make, and keep, with the right guild/community!

Being in a guild, especially the right guild, will make or break your overall game experience. If you find a group of people you enjoy talking to, trust to have your back and help you when you need it, and can count on for all manner of shenanigans, you will enjoy the game a LOT. Conversely, if you are in a guild that is horrible to you, or is boring, inactive, or just a waste of your time.. the game itself will feel the worse for it. A lot of people have come to me saying they joined a new/small guild because they were promised rank or something, and then the guild fell apart before it could even pretend to deliver a FP team, let alone Ops loot. Another issue is people who join a guild that sounds good in 2 sentences in general chat recruiting, but after joining, finding out the guild is terrible, or has terrible leadership. A bad guild can ruin a good game! If you are looking for a genuine social experience that you can enjoy, don’t join a “McGuild”, and don’t just join any guild because they send you an invite or offer you XYZ without any evidence they can deliver (this also includes the guilds that talk about what they will do when they have enough people). However, if you don’t care where you are, so long as you have a guild tag, then by all means, the mega guilds and countless small guilds with inactive leaders are waiting to tag you like a migratory animal! ;)

A small FAQ about Twisted Legends:

Q: Who, or what, are the Twisted Legends?

A: We are a gaming community that was founded by friends, on the basis of a solid guild environment that emphasized a constructive and enjoyable environment for people to maintain existing friendships, while always looking to add new people to the fold and build new relationships. We believe in play smart, talk smack, have fun, and ALWAYS have your guildee’s back! If you like “Family Guy”, then you’d love our guild. We may talk smack and have potty mouths, but bigotry isn’t allowed. We value integrity in our members and applicants, and demand nothing less than 100% honest and honorable. Also, we are NOT for the faint of heart! We are highly socialized, love to laugh, and are fiercely loyal to each other. Giggity!

Q: What do you have to offer me as a player?

A: Just about everything. While we are not a “HARDKORE” (because that “K” always makes it srs bizness) Raid/Ops or PVP guild (been there, done that over the years), we believe in playing smart and competently, but primarily we play to have fun. We have a solid group of PVP’ers who run several times a week in small groups, or in guild RWZ. We have a solid team that runs Ops twice a week (at this time, on Friday and Monday nights, but this is fluid, based on what works best for most of the team). We were running two teams for a while, and will re-explore a second team, when we get a few more people who can commit to the same day/time as the other people who can’t commit to Fri/Mon schedules. We have people running FP at nearly all hours of the day, every day of the week, as well as PVPing (most of our PVP team action is at night). We have a wealth of crafters in guild. About all we don’t do is roleplay – though we are known to get out our robes and wizard hats! We offer a stable environment with some great people. No politics, drama, or BS that seems inevitable with so many guilds. In fact, we’re pretty ruthless on drama queens or people who failed to find their manners in childhood.. it’s usually an instant gkick. We are happy to accept members of all levels or gear levels.

What we require in our applicants:

• Age 18+ - we are not looking to censor ourselves because minors are around. You are expected to have a grasp on basic social norms and understand that while we are pretty easy going, if you say something that is obviously offensive, you are grown up enough to apologize if it upsets someone, and make a point to not repeat the mistake. We don’t want your mommy or daddy getting in vent because you were exposed to bad words or ideas. You are also expected/assumed to be sophisticated enough to not be a bigot – diversity is a good thing when you need a group of people with varied talents to play different roles.

• Ventrilo is MANDATORY if you want to run Ops with us. If you have no mic, that is ok (not ideal, but allowed), so you will need to be in vent and listening to directions.

• A robust, immature, and healthy sense of humor. (Seriously, we’re not for the faint of heart). If you are easily offended, then honestly, you won’t like us. As a group, we strongly agree that it is important for a player to like the guild as much as the guild likes the person. We also enjoy people with a dry and cutting sense of humor, too ;)

• Integrity is mandatory! We expect you to treat each member of the guild with the same level of integrity you expect others to offer you. Be honest, honor whatever you commit to, and no gossip/drama. I (the GM), have very little tolerance for people who flake out on others consistently, cause trouble, or can’t/won’t be honest. If you’re a douche, go join a ‘McGuild’ that has hundreds of people and won’t care for, or about, it’s members.

• *You need to understand what loyalty is. If you are just looking for a guild to give you crafting mats, or you’re bored and want a new guild tag, we’re not going to be the right place for you. You should be looking for a new home, with the desire and intent to stick around for a few years, if not for life (many of us have known each other 7+ years). We need to know that you are as invested in being a part of us, as we will be in embracing you into the fold. (We’re not a cult, but we drink like one!)

• We do have a private guild website and forum that is for member use only. We do the bulk of our information sharing, RWZ and Ops sign-ups there, and even some off-topic chatter and talk. While casual membership in the guild does not require you register or use the forums, if you plan on being a regular attendee on our Ops or RWZ you are required to use the forums.

• While not required, we do heavily encourage our Ops team members to use the MOX Desktop Parser while running ops with the guild.

If you have read all of this this, and find yourself curious for more information, please check out our website at this link. Alternately, contact an officer in game. Send a tell or in-game message to Dorian, Rakear, Greenoskar, Brickette, Morgunthu, Teacup, Bonk, or any member of Twisted Legends can direct you to an officer.

If you are a GM, officer or other authorized representative for your guild, and you are looking for a possible guild merger, please contact an officer directly in game. Look for Dorian, Rakear, Bonc, Greenoskar, Neferis, or anyone with the "Twisted Legends" guild tag can help you get in touch with the officers online at that time.

If you have read all of this, and you KNOW you want to join, please fill out the application at this link. (Applications are required of all applicants).

Whether you join Twisted Legends, or not, I sincerely wish each of you the best possible game experience.

May the Force serve you well!

PS: If you are thinking about applying to us, please do not apply if you're also applying to multiple guilds at once. We're not interested in people who are not actually sure of where they want to be. If you apply to us, and we discover that you have active apps out to other guilds you will be removed (from applicant status, or from the guild if we had accepted you) and you will not be welcome back. I know that is considered harsh by some people, but we are a gaming community where most members become good friends - Twisted Legends is not a guild with no investment in people who walk in the door. If you're the one night stand equivalent of a guild hopper.. please don't bother

Edited by Prelate
updated content

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prophecy

Blessed are those who read aloud the words of the prophecy

And blessed are those who hear

And those who remember the Legends

For the time is near

They will come with the Cataclysm

And every eye will see them

Every foe will be pierced by them

And all their foes shall wail on account of them

Those who have not yet learned the fury of these Legends,

I know your works, I know your toil, and your enduring hope.

And how you can no longer endure the selfishness of the self righteous

You have tested those who called themselves Legends, but are not.

You found them to be false

I know that you are enduring patiently

That you have grown weary

but I have this against you

that you have abandoned the power you had

For they will rise out of the past with their power and blood-thirst

With a blasphemous leader at their head

And these Legends that I saw blazed like a beacon in the night

Its fighters roared with might

Its wielders of magic radiating power

In its foes, will it sink its destructive and righteous strength

And all of creation will watch these Legends with awe and wonder

And they will worship these Legends saying

“Who can contain their power and who can fight against their power?”

And these Legends will open their mouths to utter haughty and blasphemous words of war.

They were allowed to make war on the self righteous and to conquer them

And their members come from every race,

And people and tongue and of every nation throughout creation

And all who live, that would dare oppose them, will know great pain

If anyone has an ear let them hear

If anyone who slays with the sword

Let them remember these words

Then, after the breaking I saw a new heaven and a new earth,

And I heard the great leaders throughout all creation saying:

“Behold the Legends are reborn among their friends

They will dwell with them, and they shall avenge their people

And vengeance and retribution will be their tools

They will cause endless blood and tears to flow from their foes

And they shall be death and destruction everlasting

They shall cause their foes to tremble in despair and wail for days without end

For the time of the self righteous will have passed away

For the Legends will offer retribution without price

From the fountains of blood and strife

Those who conquer shall have this heritage

And they will be your Legends and you will be their people.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, and the polluted

As for the weak, the flawed, the liars, and all who would oppose them

Their lot will be eternal destruction by the righteous wrath of these Legends

And I say to you:

“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy, for the time is here.

Behold, the Twisted Legends are returned”

Edited by Prelate

In addition to our progression Ops, we are going to be running some Ops to gear up alts, new 50's, and new members. HM/NM on the old content. If you want to check us out, this is a good opportunity to see what we're like in action.

At this time our raids are oriented to PST. Raid times are determined by the availability of our members. We have members in all time zones (and some international), but they are predominantly available for times friendlier to Pacific Time (which is what the server is oriented to.. or WAS at launch, not sure if that has changed with all the server mashups).

We've had some great new recruits, some very solid PVPers joined us this week, which gives us a stable PVP team. Our Ops team is as solid as ever with some new talent coming in to join us as well! We are looking to start making gear runs for Rakata to get new people and alts up to speed for newer content. Talk to an officer if you're interested, or apply directly!

I never cease to be amazed at the really diverse and intersesting people that apply to Twisted Legends! Unfortunately not everyone gets in.. we're not for the faint of heart, so people who indicate that cussing bothers them, generally won't find a place with us (Honestly, if it bothers you, you would hate us after awhile, and I'd feel bad for contributing to anyone having a bad game experience!).

We had another small guild approach us about a possible merger, and a top ranked SC2 MLG competitor.. who knew?!

Come join us - let's write a new Twisted Legend together!

:sy_darkside:

Edited by Prelate

Join us as we plow through TFB! Hear us talk smack to each other! See how good we look from behind!

I continue to be really impressed with the quality of candidates that are applying. Are you ready to start your Twisted Legend?

19 hps now! So close. :rak_03: We have many alts as well and can put together storymode ops for columi and hm ops for Rakata pretty much whenever there is enough interest and need.

Wow, I struggle to maintain the absorption balance on my sin tank- so instead of fortitude augs, had to use those to balance out. With stims around 27k, so am very impressed at 30k

our newest Ops team is deploying this week - get in while you can! If you bring friends with you, we'll do our best to get you all on the same team.

On a side note - if you are thinking about applying to us, please do not apply if you're also applying to multiple guilds at once. We're not interested in people who are not actually sure of where they want to be. If you apply to us, and I find out you have active apps out to other guilds you will be removed and not welcome back. I know that is considered harsh by some people, but we are a gaming community where most members become good friends - Twisted Legends is not a guild with no investment in people who walk in the door. If you're the one night stand equivalent of a guild hopper.. please don't bother :sy_darkside:

I updated a few things in the original post of this thread. We are looking forward to deploying our newest Ops team on Wednesday night! If you are interested in being a part of it, or our other teams, enjoy some vulgarity, and are looking for a gaming home (as opposed to just a guild tag), then apply today!

We are particularly interested in getting some additional skilled/good Ops people in guild. If you are a competent player with a desire to be hardcore, but without the time to commit to it, we might be a good match for you! We value skilled and competent Ops team members. If you are willing to commit to consistent and competent participation, we'd like to talk to you about a permanent spot on our roster of Ops Teams!

I updated a few more things in the original post to this thread.

Our team last night did great, first time in HM KP for most of them. Any time you can learn from your mistakes is a great opportunity! Even better if you still manage to get some loot out of the deal! :)

If you're interested in joining us, or you have a group of players in a small/inactive guild that are hungry for more, and want a fun, raucous environment to have that fun in.. check us out!

Twisted Legends - a household name! (in our households, anyway!)

Our search for great talent never ends! We'd love to talk to people who are willing to commit to a schedule about joining one of our Ops teams, or if you're casual, we'd love to find out your favorite dirty joke. PVP'ers.. please be willing to slap some Pub's in the face with your epeen while wearing our guild tag!