Swtor Let's Play Help

AylaL

Hi Everyone,

So i contacted swtor support about possibly doing a lets play for the knights of the fallen empire expansion which comes out near the end of next month. However i was told that they could not give permission for that and was told to contact EA. I tried the phone number which unfortunately ended in an automated message and also tried EA's permission requests email which also resulted in an automated message. So i am posting the questions here, am i allowed to do a lets play for the aforementioned expansion without any monetization and uploading it to youtube? And how would i get such permission to do a lets play if needed?

Sincerely,

AylaL

Hi Everyone,

So i contacted swtor support about possibly doing a lets play for the knights of the fallen empire expansion which comes out near the end of next month. However i was told that they could not give permission for that and was told to contact EA. I tried the phone number which unfortunately ended in an automated message and also tried EA's permission requests email which also resulted in an automated message. So i am posting the questions here, am i allowed to do a lets play for the aforementioned expansion without any monetization and uploading it to youtube? And how would i get such permission to do a lets play if needed?

Sincerely,

AylaL

Isn't a Let's Play just that? Turn on a camera, and play the game once you have access to it? Didn't realize special permissions were needed once the game was officially out there. I doubt they are giving anyone early access to the game beyond what's alraedy been released at this point.

Isn't a Let's Play just that? Turn on a camera, and play the game once you have access to it? Didn't realize special permissions were needed once the game was officially out there. I doubt they are giving anyone early access to the game beyond what's alraedy been released at this point.

Yes but i just wanted to be sure i'm allowed to do a lets play, what with the RIAA and other so called organizations running amok.

Yes you are allowed to record and upload videos of gameplay, if that's what you're asking.

A basic definition of a let's play: A Let's Play is a video, or less commonly a series of screenshots, documenting a playthrough of a video game, almost always including commentary by the gamer. I wouldn't be uploading simple gameplay of knights of the fallen empire but the full expansion gameplay cutscenes etc. Of course i wouldn't do commentary.

Yes but i just wanted to be sure i'm allowed to do a lets play, what with the RIAA and other so called organizations running amok.

A basic definition of a let's play: A Let's Play is a video, or less commonly a series of screenshots, documenting a playthrough of a video game, almost always including commentary by the gamer. I wouldn't be uploading simple gameplay of knights of the fallen empire but the full expansion gameplay cutscenes etc. Of course i wouldn't do commentary.

as long as you are not restricted by an NDA (closed PTS/Beta) there is nothing stopping you from doing a stream of any game play you want and posting it where you want.

many people stream their games live, many people record their games and post on youtube (datacrons hunting, or operations). there is nothing wrong with that, its fair use.

the only issue is with closed pts and closded betas. which you sign an NDA before having access, those ARE restricted and probably not only get removed, but also probably get your account banned.

you can search youtube for many many many videos of swtor game play.

You could try sending a PM to the Community Manager about this. This is clearly something that he should be able to help with.

Already sent a pm. Ty.

as long as you are not restricted by an NDA (closed PTS/Beta) there is nothing stopping you from doing a stream of any game play you want and posting it where you want.

many people stream their games live, many people record their games and post on youtube (datacrons hunting, or operations). there is nothing wrong with that, its fair use.

the only issue is with closed pts and closded betas. which you sign an NDA before having access, those ARE restricted and probably not only get removed, but also probably get your account banned.

you can search youtube for many many many videos of swtor game play.

I doubt there will be an NDA for knights of the fallen empire but i'll have to wait and see when the expansion comes out.

Already sent a pm. Ty.

I doubt there will be an NDA for knights of the fallen empire but i'll have to wait and see when the expansion comes out.

the NDA is only on the closed PTS (currently ongoing) which will have nothing to do with release. Once its released if you want to stream or post youtube videos you are 100% free to do so.