Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Mercenary Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dracmor
08.08.2019 , 07:31 PM | #21
As someone that complains all the time about ability bloat I'm not going to complain about the lack of a new ability, but two charges on Rocket Out is just puzzling. Currently on Live my Rocket Out has a 17 second cooldown, when will you ever need to use it twice in PVE within 17 seconds? As for PVP, the Smoke Scren utility states "these effects cannot occur more than once every 40 seconds" combined with the fact that Rocket Out doesn't purge movement impairing effects - how effective is that second rocket out going to be?

I can understand not wanting to add another ability or another DCD, but this is just a permanent not-so-useful tactical. The least they could have done is had an Improved Explosive Dart, one that doesn't knockback, maybe does more damage and stuns a strong as well as standard or weak. You know - something to help PVE adds at least, but won't affect PVP, doesn't make the merc more OP, and really doesn't affect OPs. As of 5.10 Arsenal was dead last in DPS, 10% behind the top class. Considering the self heals, DCDs, etc I get they don't want it to even be in the top 5, but it seems like maybe a minor bump in a DPS ability would have been better than a two-charge Rocket Out.

And if their goal was to improve mobility, wouldn't a two charge Hydraulic Overrides be better? Or one with a higher speed boost, longer duration and/or shorter cooldown? This "new ability" just seems confusing and off to me.

I can also tell already that I would rather have sweeping blasters spread the heat signature rather than fusion missile, even if it took a tactical to do this and even if this was banned in PVP.

Still, I am also eager to test out Bounty Hunter on PTS and try various set bonus/tacticals. So it's not all bad.
Just my two cents...

Delani
08.08.2019 , 07:36 PM | #22
These are good

JediMasterAlex
08.08.2019 , 08:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Randor View Post
It's not bad, it's just almost everyone else actually gets an offensive boost in some way, or an ability they've never had. Sure, it can be used, but it feels like we're settling for less here.
Madness sorcs will literally never use volt rush if it goes live as it is now. So at least mercs have something that all specs can make use of.

Floplag
08.08.2019 , 08:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Randor View Post
Oh you're right, it's definitely not a bad thing to have..... but when you compare to what the other disciplines are getting, I really feel we're getting the short end of the stick here.
Perhaps, but i think we got the long end last time, and were not getting nerfed to the stone age, so ill take it as a win win.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Metalheadlml
08.08.2019 , 09:19 PM | #25
If only mercs got the shoulder cannon with a 30m range (not as ugly looking as the pt's one though).
Really hoped for an offensive ability.

Randor
08.09.2019 , 12:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Madness sorcs will literally never use volt rush if it goes live as it is now. So at least mercs have something that all specs can make use of.
From what I've heard, you're absolutely right...... but PTS is far from over, and you at least have an offensive weapon as a base for them to work off of. What are they going to adjust with 2 charges of Rocket out? Distance? CD? See what I mean?
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS

Randor
08.09.2019 , 01:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Perhaps, but i think we got the long end last time, and were not getting nerfed to the stone age, so ill take it as a win win.
Boy I wish we got the long end last time. Our PVE DPS in OPS got nerfed hardcore, along with making heat management an actual issue again. I don't mind the heat end of things, even though it's really a nerf, but when they rebalanced the DPS output of Mercs, specifically Arsenal, they drained too much from the sustainability in long PVE fights.

Did you know Arsenal is dead last in dps parsing for PVE OPs boss fights? MM/NiM teams will rarely (if ever) even allow an Arsenal merc on their team, the sustainable dps is so low.

Maybe a Tactical concentrating specifically on % damage increase in Operations only is the answer? I don't know.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS

Banthabreeder
08.09.2019 , 01:29 AM | #28
WHOA! Wait one friken minute. Am I reading this correctly? Mercenaries and Powertechs both get (1) +2 stat increase and (2) set bonuses, whereas all other classes get (2) +2 stat increases and only (1) set bonus??!?!?!

For example:

Powertechs Explosive Yield - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) Power Yield's duration is extended by 5 seconds. (6 pieces) Each time you take damage while under Power Yield, the cooldown of Explosive Fuel is reduced by 3 seconds.

Mercenaries Critical Charge - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) Gaining a stack of Supercharge increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds. (6 pieces) Doing damage or healing an ally has a 5% chance to build a Supercharge and can only happen once per 3 seconds.

as opposed to...

Sorcerers Energized Overload - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect.

Juggernauts Retaliator - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.

Snipers Lazer Focus - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Laze Targets gets 3 charges and its cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds.

This is BS!

I'm upset as it is losing 2 of my 3 set bonuses (+2 stat increases are not a bonus, their just lazy placeholders cause the devs couldn't come up with something new) but to know other classes only lose 1 of their 3 set bonuses. Just ain't fair nor right.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Rain_man_devo
08.09.2019 , 01:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
WHOA! Wait one friken minute. Am I reading this correctly? Mercenaries and Powertechs both get (1) +2 stat increase and (2) set bonuses, whereas all other classes get (2) +2 stat increases and only (1) set bonus??!?!?!

For example:

Powertechs Explosive Yield - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) Power Yield's duration is extended by 5 seconds. (6 pieces) Each time you take damage while under Power Yield, the cooldown of Explosive Fuel is reduced by 3 seconds.

Mercenaries Critical Charge - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) Gaining a stack of Supercharge increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds. (6 pieces) Doing damage or healing an ally has a 5% chance to build a Supercharge and can only happen once per 3 seconds.

as opposed to...

Sorcerers Energized Overload - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect.

Juggernauts Retaliator - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.

Snipers Lazer Focus - (2 pieces) +2 stat increase (4 pieces) +2 stat increase (6 pieces) Laze Targets gets 3 charges and its cooldown is reduced by 15 seconds.

This is BS!

I'm upset as it is losing 2 of my 3 set bonuses but to know other classes only lose 1 of their 3 set bonuses. Just ain't fair nor right.
I believe they made massive changes to all set bonuses to the classes. We shall see on the pts but I think all class set bonuses contain 2 piece(stats), 4 piece, 6 piece.
Chase'Leary lvl 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Void with the weird O

where did I put my aggro dump again? oh yeah on your face. BURRRRN.

Banthabreeder
08.09.2019 , 01:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rain_man_devo View Post
I believe they made massive changes to all set bonuses to the classes. We shall see on the pts but I think all class set bonuses contain 2 piece(stats), 4 piece, 6 piece.
Oh ok. I wasn't aware of them changing all the others when I read this. Hadn't seen anything posted. If that's the case well then I'm sorry for overreacting. My apologies.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”