Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Mercenary Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xXSistros
08.08.2019 , 05:39 PM | #11
Yeah, ist sounds very sad how you wrote it, Eric, but as some before, I am ok with it. We don't need another def (Power Yield was datamined as Bounty Hunter Ability). And with the tweaking of the Supercharge, we don't need an offensive CD either. I really like how these set Bonuses and Tacticals sound! I think, that you need two sets for IO and Arsenal, but hey, that's fine, as long as Arsenal get's a Buff to be a viable DD spec in more PvE Encounters.
I think it is really important that you included Death from Above in the Sweeping Carnage Tactical.
So, just by reading it, good job!!! (PvE Opinion)

fahdashq
08.08.2019 , 05:42 PM | #12
I like the idea of 2 charges on rocket out, hot bars are already cluttered up enough, but can it be changed to travel in the direction the character is moving? And by that I mean not like the operative roll where it goes in the the direction of the camera, but if you're walking backwards, go back. That way you can keep sight picture and still have the directional mobility.

Pandoras_Jar
08.08.2019 , 05:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Set Bonuses
  • Critical Charge - (4) Gaining a stack of Supercharge increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds. (6) Doing damage or healing an ally has a 5% chance to build a Supercharge and can only happen once per 3 seconds.
  • Power Step - (4) Activating Power Shot, Tracer Missile or Rapid Scan increases the critical chance of your next Power Shot, Tracer Missile or Rapid Scan by 3%. Stacks up to 5 times. - (6) Power Shot, Tracer Missile and Rapid Scan grant a stack of Power Step, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, your next Power Shot, Tracer Missile or Rapid Scan is more effective and costs no Heat.
Tactical Items
Mercenary
  • Cool Your Jets - Rocket Out vents 20 heat and immobilzes enemies around you for 1 second.
  • Power Cycle - When you use an ability with Power Surge, that ability is not put on cooldown.

Bodyguard
  • Supercharged Burst - Kolto Missile grants a stack of Supercharge Gas for each target it hits. Supercharged Gas heals all nearby allies for the same amount as Kolto Missile's initial heal when activated. Kolto Missile's cooldown is extended by 4 seconds.
  • Alacrity Scan - Rapid Scan can be cast while moving and heals an additional 10%.
  • Kolto Time - Kolto Shot applies a lingering heal over time effect to its target.
Loving these Set Bonuses and Tactical items. Can't wait to test them out! Bring up the PTS already!

As for the lack of new Ability, meh. It really doesn't bother me at all. Besides having 2 charges to Rocket Out is gonna be fun in PvP.
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - 6.0 Class Changes, Set Bonuses + Tacticals | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

Floplag
08.08.2019 , 06:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Randor View Post
..............really? I'm sure this is probably useful in PVP, but completely worthless in PVE/OPs. How about a new offensive ability like some of the other classes, or something to help mitigate the heat we'll be creating with all these new power surge/no CD bonuses?

Considering Arsenal is in dead last place when it comes to DPS parsing over long PVE OPs boss fights, the new no CD/Power Surge abilities look tasty...... but I'm already dreading the heat nightmare it's going to create. How about something besides 1 Tracer after 5 stacks vents no heat?

Can't wait to get on PTS and tear into these sets!
I disagree, easy escape routes and movement is never a bad thing in either case.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

omeru
08.08.2019 , 06:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

New Ability - In lieu of a new ability, Mercenaries will now have two charges on Rocket Out

I dont see any new ability here only a small change of an existing ability that is all.

Beyrahl
08.08.2019 , 06:26 PM | #16
Quote:
New Ability - In lieu of a new ability, Mercenaries will now have two charges on Rocket Out
Well this is cool, jet out was already a solid ability and one that worked more times than not.
Is there any chance with changes to this, we could also look at mad dash, holotraverse and phantomstride?
I feel like all of these movement abilities should purge roots without utility. There's definitely a difference between them all and how useful they are and how well that actually work.

Quote:
Power Cycle - When you use an ability with Power Surge, that ability is not put on cooldown.
Okay, I hope this doesn't include Concussion missile. I'm going to assume it's also only for channeled abilities, if so the only problem I see is Concussion missile.

Other than that, will be happy to see how the changes play out. I see jetout being really strong against melee however.

Randor
08.08.2019 , 06:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
I disagree, easy escape routes and movement is never a bad thing in either case.
Agree to disagree.

For PVE, there's never a time as an Arsenal Merc that you absolutely need to rocket out 40m. If you NEED more than 20m, you're doing something wrong.

It's not bad, it's just almost everyone else actually gets an offensive boost in some way, or an ability they've never had. Sure, it can be used, but it feels like we're settling for less here.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS

Randor
08.08.2019 , 06:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
I dont see any new ability here only a small change of an existing ability that is all.
Bingo.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS

Floplag
08.08.2019 , 06:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Randor View Post
Agree to disagree.

For PVE, there's never a time as an Arsenal Merc that you absolutely need to rocket out 40m. If you NEED more than 20m, you're doing something wrong.

It's not bad, it's just almost everyone else actually gets an offensive boost in some way, or an ability they've never had. Sure, it can be used, but it feels like we're settling for less here.
Youre correct on the distance, i just mean that having in the back pocket is never a bad thing when needed.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Randor
08.08.2019 , 06:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Youre correct on the distance, i just mean that having in the back pocket is never a bad thing when needed.
Oh you're right, it's definitely not a bad thing to have..... but when you compare to what the other disciplines are getting, I really feel we're getting the short end of the stick here.
I AM RANDOR

ASBESTOS