Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sniper Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NikSunrider
07.27.2019 , 07:54 AM | #11
I am thinking that a 2-minute cooldown is somewhat wasted on sniper phasewalk. It feels like the ability is only here because they needed a new ability for the new level cap, kind of like how Translocate on PT tanks is rather useless.

I think phase walk needs a shorter cooldown, or shouldn't exist at all for the sniper.

Also, can Shadows get our phasewalk back, please?
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesìs> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF LinkInfo

FlameYOL
07.27.2019 , 08:06 AM | #12
The new ability might be useful but it isn't all that creative. Entrenched Offense seems to be the only set bonus which will be useful to me, though the others might have an use in PvP. The Virulence Tactical Items look useful, so I look forward to testing them.

Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
This, its bad enough they added our ability to the other advanced class then removed it from us... now they're adding it to another class? Ranged classes already have enough mobility as it is they don't need more.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

ottffsse
07.27.2019 , 08:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
I am thinking that a 2-minute cooldown is somewhat wasted on sniper phasewalk. It feels like the ability is only here because they needed a new ability for the new level cap, kind of like how Translocate on PT tanks is rather useless.

I think phase walk needs a shorter cooldown, or shouldn't exist at all for the sniper.

This. Phasewalk is an ability we do not need - it is not like snipers have abandunt healing abilities to use should they retreat with it, so it's primary use is offensive on this class to buff attacks or get another attack in vs a melee. and for that the cooldown is too long - if it is on a shorter cooldown maybe some adjustments to what such an ability does need to be made for balance though. the Tactical Overdrive ability which apparently operatives are getting fits in much better with the overall toolbox agents already have in place and I like that ability much more personally.
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

shyroman
07.27.2019 , 09:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
This will not work, right? The duration of Laze target stacks is not long enough for you to fit 3 Ambushes or 3 Explosive Probes in there. Only 3 culls will fit because of it's lower cooldown.

To work at all this set bonus also needs to do the same that the current one does - double the duration of Laze Target (or increase it at least a bit).

3 charges are already very strong, no need for cooldown reduction. You could change it to +15 seconds to duration.

P.S. Explosive probe's cooldown is 18 seconds... To be able to use 3 charges on 3 Explosive probes, Laze Target needs to last 36+ seconds... Currently it lasts 20 seconds.
It's going to function differently now, if you managed to test out sorcs when pts was live, it will function like their new ability. Instead of activating it once every minute and getting 2 stacks, you will be able to activate it 3 times every 45 seconds and every time you activate it, you will only get 1 stack. So starting at 3 charges, you activate it once, you get 1 stack of laze target on your buff bar to be consumed and you will drop to 2 charges. The charge you just activated will have it's own 45 sec cooldown independent of the other 2. So theoretically you could activate laze target every 15 seconds forever but will only be getting 1 stack each time.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

omeru
07.27.2019 , 02:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorRus View Post
Medium armor, 10% heal on a 20 s cooldown, Entrench with DR, Shield Probe, Ballistic Shield, Evasion... and Imperial Preparation can reset all of those except Ballistic Shield

And now this... I have no idea what these Devs are doing or thinking

^
Problem is when devs are adding new abilities they dont look what they have they just add things randomly. For example if they were thinking they wouldnt add more cc immunity to maras since they already have too many but devs gave them 1 more since devs doesnt check what this class already have. It would be ok if they listen feedbacks but no they will play 3 monkeys about feedbacks.

Equeliber
07.27.2019 , 03:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
It's going to function differently now, if you managed to test out sorcs when pts was live, it will function like their new ability. Instead of activating it once every minute and getting 2 stacks, you will be able to activate it 3 times every 45 seconds and every time you activate it, you will only get 1 stack. So starting at 3 charges, you activate it once, you get 1 stack of laze target on your buff bar to be consumed and you will drop to 2 charges. The charge you just activated will have it's own 45 sec cooldown independent of the other 2. So theoretically you could activate laze target every 15 seconds forever but will only be getting 1 stack each time.
In that case it's a pretty great set bonus, better than the current one.

Storm-Cutter
07.27.2019 , 05:30 PM | #17
Quote:
  • Holodefense - Hololocate increases your melee and ranged defense by 30% for 10 seconds when you return.
  • Suppression - Enemies take 10% more damage while under Suppresive Fire. Does not affect Ops bosses.
  • Tech Debt - Shatter Shot applies Tech Debt to its target. Whenever the target is healed, you will also receive a small amount of healing.
  • Orbital Heal - Orbital Strike heals allies in the area for a small amount whenever it ticks.
Orbital strike healing? what does it drop? love bombs?

I don't think any non-heal class needs to do more healing.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

TrixxieTriss
07.27.2019 , 09:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Orbital strike healing? what does it drop? love bombs?
That made me laugh so hard 💕💕💕💞 bombs away

TrixxieTriss
07.27.2019 , 09:17 PM | #19
I do not think this whole “phase walk” type of ability for snipers is a good idea.
1. It goes against the lore of Star Wars, this isn’t Star Trek.
2. It makes them less unique because Sorcs have a similar ability
3. It will make them nearly impossible to kill in pvp.

Delani
07.28.2019 , 12:39 AM | #20
The more I think about it, Phasewalk for snipers is extremly overpowered because you cannot leap to them while they are in cover. And most classes only have 1 maybe 2 gap closers rather than a "jump to an enemy" move. Snipers would be able to maintain distance for ever.