Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we talk about 258 gear?

mrphstar
10.29.2018 , 03:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
I'll second this. Where is the trade-in option to get 252/258 by trading in your 248 shells?

The new currency is annoying enough, but if they gave a cheaper option (say 1 MW crystal plus a 248 shell) for trading up then it would make the Ossus-only grind look a little less tedious.

I still wouldn't have full 248's for my secondary specs without trading in 236's and 242's. (To be clear: I only have 248's for the shared armor sets, and am still running with 246's for a lot of left sides. Grind is boring, boring, boring.)
yeah rigjt. looking forward to the hundreds of threats from people complaining that they sold their 248 shells since there was no use for them prior 5.10.

the idea is good, but its simply not possible to implement that system without even more outrages.

there could be a way with turning in the 248 armorings, but i highly doubt the devs would/could change the current PTS system untill december.

kukumburr
10.30.2018 , 06:11 PM | #22
I bought the 258 belt with MWS on PTS and the mods definitely do require being placed into the same type of gear piece. I was only able to put it in another belt, and it even says on the mod that it's for a belt. Also the set bonus is the same as now but apparently they don't combine pieces. I had one piece of 240 set bonus gear and the 258 belt on and it didn't give me the 2-piece bonus. Not sure if that's a bug or if they're planning on giving new set bonus, but it wouldn't really make sense for it not to count the same if it's the same set bonus.

Has anyone been able to make a crafted piece? I'm curious if those mods are also slot bound.

merovejec
10.31.2018 , 03:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
Has anyone been able to make a crafted piece? I'm curious if those mods are also slot bound.
Tyth has only been killed this weekend so not sure if people got enough stuff to craft a piece.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Andryah
10.31.2018 , 08:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Tyth has only been killed this weekend so not sure if people got enough stuff to craft a piece.
Yeah... they need to put up a vendor on PTS for the materials so players can actually test crafting before it goes live.

That won't solve the materials cost curve issues that appear to be present on the crafted gear currently, and might even mask it some... but if we cannot fully explore crafted gear before the patch goes live.. that's a problem.

But it IS a phased PTS this time around.. so maybe they don't want crafted gear in the mix in testing on PTS yet... hence no materials vendors yet.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Darevsool
10.31.2018 , 10:38 AM | #25
They should probably make the jawa scrap vendors give out free mats too. Just to make the testing easier.
I did multiple live > PTS character copies and have about 20k of each type of jawa scrap...but it was a long winded way to do it.

Also, the auto leveling terminal only takes your crew skills up to 500 (at least before Tuesday's patch anyway).
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

Andryah
10.31.2018 , 11:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
They should probably make the jawa scrap vendors give out free mats too. Just to make the testing easier.
I did multiple live > PTS character copies and have about 20k of each type of jawa scrap...but it was a long winded way to do it.

Also, the auto leveling terminal only takes your crew skills up to 500 (at least before Tuesday's patch anyway).
Yeah... if they effectively never set things to let players actually test the crafted gear pathway... that's a bad sign that the crafted gear approach is probably a non-starter and will simply get ignored given the current materials costs. Which means our guild (who usually cranks up a crafting factory for things like this) will simply flush the plan and move on.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

kukumburr
10.31.2018 , 07:36 PM | #27
A conversation in a different gear thread prompted me to check if you can RE the 258 mods from the MWS gear, and you can: https://i.imgur.com/rXoVUcR.png

The mats to craft it: https://imgur.com/kpwShI7

So I guess that's how you can get mods/enhancements that aren't bound to a slot but... that seems pretty steep. First of all you have to buy an expensive piece of gear and then RE the mod and hope you get the schematic (can it actually fail? it says 60% but I would hope 100% considering the expense).

And then the mats aren't completely horrible except for the NiM GotM drop. Unless that particular one drops like candy in there? But that seems a little crazy for a single mod to me.

This whole system just sounds convoluted and stupidly expensive and/or grindy to me.

KainrycKarr
11.01.2018 , 01:34 AM | #28
This is absolutely insane. At they very LEAST the MWS shards should be legacy-wide. 4 months to gear? And, forget about trying to min-max your mods and enhancements.

Seriously, what are the Devs thinking with this?
Kain'ryk Karr - Level 60 Powertech<Clan Adenn>

Andryah
11.01.2018 , 01:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
This is absolutely insane. At they very LEAST the MWS shards should be legacy-wide. 4 months to gear? And, forget about trying to min-max your mods and enhancements.

Seriously, what are the Devs thinking with this?
Said restrictions WILL NOT stop the clever and determined player with a plan.... not in terms of the end goal, nor in terms of your very linear thinking about time-2-gear.

Darevsool
11.01.2018 , 02:42 PM | #30
I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of min-maxing....but using the 252 vendor you CAN get any type of armor for a specific slot. You can get tank gear from any class if the mods you want are in the armor for the other class.
DPS toons can get armor pieces with from multiple classes as well.

If one pair of boots has critical, another set has either alacrity or accuracy. The armoring and mod are the same usually.

So, at the very least, there is some ability to customize beyond the "take what they give you as your default armor choice"

I'm completely surprised that the 258's are RE'able.

That doesn't make much sense.

If I'm not mistaken, the current BIS, the 248 stuff, is NOT re'able and the top crafted pieces are 246 via schematics.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?