Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Banderal
09.02.2018 , 09:04 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
There is a red warning message "The Hutt is becoming angry!" when there are only a couple seconds left on the Huttball but it is easy to miss in the middle of PvP.
I didn't know that. Is that only on the new map on the PTS, or is it live? I guess I'll just watch for it live and check for myself... oh wait, I never survive that long with the ball.

... On the other hand, I like it when the ball carrier explodes;
This, for me. I think the extra bit of brain work required to roughly keep track of how long you've held the ball and decide the risk of "holding it a little longer" is good. When the timer was originally shortened, I was hoping they would add a "ball carrier explode" timer to the UI, but after playing it a while I changed my mind. More exploding people in PvP is always good.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

kukumburr
09.02.2018 , 10:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I didn't know that. Is that only on the new map on the PTS, or is it live? I guess I'll just watch for it live and check for myself... oh wait, I never survive that long with the ball.
It is on live but it's very easy to miss.

LordTurin
09.03.2018 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

This, for me. I think the extra bit of brain work required to roughly keep track of how long you've held the ball and decide the risk of "holding it a little longer" is good. When the timer was originally shortened, I was hoping they would add a "ball carrier explode" timer to the UI, but after playing it a while I changed my mind. More exploding people in PvP is always good.
It's a buff on your bar, so you can keep track. Granted, we have 10,000 buffs to keep track of, but this one is at least unique enough to eyeball and see how we are doing.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

TrixxieTriss
09.03.2018 , 01:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
It is on live but it's very easy to miss.
Probably be good to have the ball start flashing red on your screen

Pandoras_Jar
09.03.2018 , 03:33 AM | #25
So...I had a much longer feedback post written but I lost internet right when I went to submit the reply and well...I lost everything I'd written. But anyway, sob story over... Here's the TLDR version.

I really like this map! The size, the layout and the new traps (especially the poison one) are great!

But, like everyone else said, the placement of the grapple ability is annoying and needs to be moved. I'm pretty traumatised that I had to click on the 'throw the huttball' ability to pass it, to be honest.

Also, like everyone else said, why do we even have the ability in the first place when it's completely useless when you get pushed/knocked off the edge? I mean it works when you throw yourself off the edge but I mean we don't really want to be doing that all the time right? (Though I suppose it' be something to do if your team is completely useless).

So either it needs to be fixed or clarification is required as to the purpose of the grapple ability.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to further testing!
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - 6.0 Class Changes, Set Bonuses + Tacticals | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

Neulwen
09.03.2018 , 11:31 AM | #26
I think this map looks awesome. I love the scenery and the cyberpunk atmosphere of it, and the general layout, that it's honrizontal like the original huttball. It's really cool that you chose Vandin as a map.

I was worried the map would be too big, but it really doesn't seem to be. The layout with the levels and ramps seems fine to me. I like that to make up for the bigger map, the ways up from the pits are closer to mid. And the air vents near the spawn also make it possible to get to mid faster.

The grapple ability is interesting. However, like many others, I also ask that you change it to appear on the 2nd temp bar slot, so that the 1st slot is reserved for throw huttball, so that it stays the same across all huttball maps. Otherwise it will be very tedious having to re-bind keys every huttball match or adjust to multiple keybinds for the same ability.

hillerbees
09.03.2018 , 02:00 PM | #27
Hi folks,

Had a few games of the Huttball map:

I'm a fair PVPer not a great PVPer so my comments are basic!......

The map looked nice, atmosphere-wise but was overly large - especially at the sides....the medpacks etc were too far out on the walkways and away from the action to bother going near them and therefore the jeopardy of falling was nil.

I would have liked to see areas in the middle of the map where you could end up falling through a void.....maybe bring the powerups into the body of the map and put fall areas close to them.

The new traps all felt kinda samey - they all kill you!.... would be better if they had different effects ....eg. One might slow your speed too half for a period....one might invert your movement controls......one might send you back to the starting point on the map....one might put a nerf on your damage....you get the idea.

The grapple ability, I only heard people talk about it but saw no evidence of it in the game.

It would have been nice to see some random boosts thrown in similar to the odessan only maybe they could be things like a one use weapon like in uprisings....something to spice things up a bit.

I like the idea that you are trying to add in new content but as it stands it just feels like a poor version of the original huttball map. Would be happy to wait longer for a much improved map/experience.

Jerba
09.06.2018 , 05:23 AM | #28
Regarding the clutter:

On the roadmap blog post, you published an earlier iteration of the Huttball map: http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...ll_Arena_9.jpg
And I like that look much better than the current design. In that picture, all four corners have the same box with the round container on top. Meanwhile on PTS, in one corner there is a crane that extends over the walkway and messes with the camera.
Looking at your screenshot again, on the center walkway, there are no two crates stacked needlessly high; there is still a wall but it is mostly see-through which helps with orientation.

If this were a story area, I'd congratulate the environmental artists what a beautiful map they have created. But in endgame content, no matter whether it is PvP or PvE, that is just noise that detracts from the gameplay. And I don't think it is a L2P issue (= players need to learn to ignore the clutter).
I prefer clean maps where it is easy to orient yourself and easy to figure out where the players are. All PvP maps should be "easy to learn, hard to master" with the actual difficulty coming from figuring out where the medpack locations are, where the air vents push you, what different types of traps there are—and NOT from learning to ignore the clutter.

To the devs: Please watch these two minutes from Snave's livestream (38:55 to 40:30), he explains it perfectly. ("It's like the trees all over again in Yavin")
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Jerba
09.06.2018 , 05:52 AM | #29
Also, on Snave's stream yesterday, one time he was stunned in the middle between both stun traps, but another time he was standing in the same spot without being stunned.
I looked it up again, in this particular instance he died from the poison trap, not from the stun trap. It looks like the poison traps will continue dealing damage for 1-2 ticks even after the debuff has already fallen off. So please disregard my earlier report.

However, I noticed something else: The stun traps do not break stealth: https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentSpi...esidentSleeper
I'd consider this a bug. Stealth classes should not be able to get through the stun traps in stealth. I'm pretty sure that the fire and poison traps do break stealth, so I don't see why the stun traps would act differently.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Giberelina
09.08.2018 , 12:43 PM | #30
"Throw the Huttball" kept changing between slot 1 and slot 2 in the temporary bar.
Maybe it depended on where I was, but definitely not always in slot 1.
Someone else mentioned this problem in the match too.