Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS Feedback - Rishi Apartment

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Feedback - Rishi Apartment
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
07.27.2018 , 06:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DiamondDove View Post
That's a shame Mad - coz the dev's have done a great job! At least you got to see someones else's. You could ask anyone in the Porg collective for an invite on PTS - its set up for testing the guild SH.
Yeah, they did an awesome job,so much so, that i can easily get lost,lol. Sounds good i'm just coming back on.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
07.27.2018 , 06:46 PM | #22
First off, I have to say no way did I expect you guys to listen to us cry about not having a residence. Even more so, respond in kind by going out of your way, pushing the delay by a week, and actually making one. I'm still shocked! Is this the new BIOWARE we are seeing? Can we expect more back and forth communication from here on? If so, then I truly applaud you guys. This is the way you interact with your player base! I can see great things happening if this continues. Thank you for the extra effort. We appreciate it

Now on to the Overlook...
I'll keep it simple.

Good:
You provided ample space with plenty of hooks. The layout is great. Several decent sized rooms. The interior has that cantina vibe. I'm digging the "Brownish" tone. The balcony is awesome. The view is spectacular.

Bad:
Explosions persist after unlocking cave entrance. Elevator moves way too fast. Rooms need doors. There are no windows. Balcony needs a railing. Incessant buzzing noise. Minor clipping issues on some walls, door frames, and corners. Some hooks do not work. Needs a bind or QT point.

PS: Slightly related, the beach area in front of cave sports the only Starship Hook for the ground portion of the Rishi Stronghold. For immersions sake, can you please add a Starship Hook to the main platform where we load in?

Final Thoughts:
You outdid yourselves with this Stronghold. Great F'ing job!!!
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Xina_LA's Avatar


Xina_LA
07.27.2018 , 07:02 PM | #23
I'm going to have to play with Jukeboxes now. I hate how they're so buggy on Nar Shaddaa, they don't work in half the places I want to use them (the sound fades in and out). I really, really don't want another SH with music issues.

I, too, wish we could go to the far hooks, but I can live with them as distant Starship landing areas. (Though I wonder how those visitors get to the ruined city without getting soaked.)
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
07.27.2018 , 07:14 PM | #24
It would be nice if we can go to all 3 islands, not just that selected 1. It makes no sense for us to drown, or get exhausted. We used to be able to swim just fine in SWG. I know this isn't SWG, but just saying since both were/ are Star Wars games MMO's.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
07.27.2018 , 07:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I've never been able to get that Rishi SH, and i have logged and re-logged a lot of time Bioware.
when purchasing the SH from fleet, you do need the base 2.5mil credits on your toon to actually buy it. Even though it is free. so I would try that if you haven't.

ShenLongKazama's Avatar


ShenLongKazama
07.27.2018 , 07:20 PM | #26
The elevator should be slower, or we could activate it manually perhaps. Doors for the rooms would be nice. The buzzing sounds should be removed. However, im completely against adding a railing to the balcony, the view looks much better without one.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
07.27.2018 , 07:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
It would be nice if we can go to all 3 islands, not just that selected 1. It makes no sense for us to drown, or get exhausted. We used to be able to swim just fine in SWG. I know this isn't SWG, but just saying since both were/ are Star Wars games MMO's.
Careful you don't incite a riot. Lots of old SWG players here that'll poke their heads out the woodwork as they reminisce
about player housing.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
07.27.2018 , 08:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
im completely against adding a railing to the balcony, the view looks much better without one.
Agreed! Plus we can always place railing decorations ourselves if we feel like it. More flexibility is better.

Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
The explosions for opening up the cave could probably stop exploding after opening up the cave... I'd be pretty worried if my house had explosions at the entrance forever
Definitely! I assume the explosion is only meant to happen when we're opening the area, not continuously. It should be changed to a once-off thing.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
07.27.2018 , 08:57 PM | #29
Just to be clear, since a lot of folks are saying they want the elevator slower, I definitely do not want a slower elevator unless you put a faster way to get up (a quick travel point, a grapple hook, something). I'm already not a fan of how much a pain it is to get up to the overlook from the ground, please dont make it even longer. (If there I'd a shortcut from the ground, then thays fine, but I think there is only a shortcut to the ground so far).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
07.27.2018 , 09:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
First off, I have to say no way did I expect you guys to listen to us cry about not having a residence. Even more so, respond in kind by going out of your way, pushing the delay by a week, and actually making one. I'm still shocked! Is this the new BIOWARE we are seeing? Can we expect more back and forth communication from here on? If so, then I truly applaud you guys. This is the way you interact with your player base! I can see great things happening if this continues. Thank you for the extra effort. We appreciate it

Now on to the Overlook...
I'll keep it simple.

Good:
You provided ample space with plenty of hooks. The layout is great. Several decent sized rooms. The interior has that cantina vibe. I'm digging the "Brownish" tone. The balcony is awesome. The view is spectacular.

Bad:
Explosions persist after unlocking cave entrance. Elevator moves way too fast. Rooms need doors. There are no windows. Balcony needs a railing. Incessant buzzing noise. Minor clipping issues on some walls, door frames, and corners. Some hooks do not work. Needs a bind or QT point.

PS: Slightly related, the beach area in front of cave sports the only Starship Hook for the ground portion of the Rishi Stronghold. For immersions sake, can you please add a Starship Hook to the main platform where we load in?

Final Thoughts:
You outdid yourselves with this Stronghold. Great F'ing job!!!
There are starship hooks on the other island (where you can't get to) as well so there are a few more starship hooks, not that having another on the platform wouldn't be nice.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121