Crew Skill Console

CicatrixTheBlack

I'm sure this is not a new idea; though I haven't seen anyone else posting about this, I wonder what sort of opinion folks would have to adding a console to manage all your alt's Crew Skills from one character. I'm SURE people will talk about how this will break the system, but think about it... No more log hopping between alts, even with a SweeT rig logging takes time, I know it takes around 1 min to go from one character to another on the same server.

When its crafting time I like to get all my alts involved, so I pass materials and products from toon to toon, initiate missions or fabrication. This tends to get a bit tedious when all I want to do is wind down with my friends or family around and still be able to dedicate enough attention to the game that I can do a bit of behind the scenes work.

If the idea of Legacy is to bring the "Family" together, then why not consider this.

A console that allows one to see the inventory (maybe both Inv and bank) of the alts and to do basic swaps between alts, as well as having access to the Alts's Crew Skills. As an example, much frustration of accidentally logging the wrong character to queue a skill/mission, just to log out and log the right one in for all of 20 seconds worth of time, is long forgotten. Indirectly i suppose this might reduce resources on the server load times and network traffic.

No other game that I've ever heard of has ever tried or allows for this sort of intra-account manipulation of a Set of toons on one or multiple servers. Maybe even make it an option/choice to select this level of complexity. As i see it, this game could handle a tad bit of complexity.

I don't see how this would take away any desire to experience each and every variation of class and story line. So as for breaking the game, I just don't see it. Could it make crafting more entertaining and accessible, absolutely. You are still working with any given character to play the game, each class still has to attain materials and funds... so the game move on and crafting is good and we're all happy.

My apologies now for any scathing arguments this may inspire. I look forward to the hail storm...let me know what you think.