Does anyone else miss the bag system to some degree?

Katsuragisama

Edit to add: I mean Battlemaster bag system. Where you could luck out and get a free comm on top of steady progression, not instead of. And because of this system, you didnt have to worry about getting duplicates, as you saved your battlemaster comms and bought the piece you wanted/needed.

Does anyone else actually miss the bag system to some degree? I mean, sure it sucked when you go 0/13, but there was always a chance. The way I look at it this.

Battlemaster Weapon = Roughly 12,000 WZ comms total. 4k for each Battlemaster token, with the weapons costing 3 tokens. But if you have a chance to get those BM tokens, you had a chance to cut out atleast 4k WZ comms from your grind.

Buying BM Weapon without getting any tokens: 12,000

With one token: 8,000

With two tokens: 4,000

With 3 tokens: No grind, just the time you put in to do your dailies while running WZ's and spending those tokens you managed to buy on other pieces to quickly fill up your slots.

The joy of getting a token and knowing you just cut out atleast 4,000 comms from your grind: Priceless

With War Hero the weapons are 3,400 each, with Ranked having the same 30 WZ:10 RWZ ratio as Mercenary to WZ. So, you end up having to grind 10,200, but without the chance of cutting out 4k comms.

I feel like this is probably why I became burned out. I loved PvP before WH was introduced. I managed to get Conqueror rank right after/before War Hero was released. But when I was forced to just grind with no (albeit lucky) alternative, it just sucked all of the fun and excitement out of it. That fun and excitement seems to have died and just surfaced the glaring issues (Stun Wars: Crowd Control the Galaxy) that was wrong with PVP.

Personally, I feel I would prefer to have the chance of cutting out 4,000 comms from the grind, than having to endure the mind numbing grind that it is now. I miss the ol' bag system, even though I've gone like 0/13 on a horrible luck streak with that same bag system, I still miss it... :( It was a lot more fun than this pure grind system we have now...

I'll edit to add this: Sure you can argue we have ranked WZ's, but no one actually does them. And any of the good PvP players who thrived on competition have quit. All that's left are the scrubs claiming the gear grind is good because they're afraid of equal footing, and would rather spend all day queuing 4 mans to steamroll PUGs. I add this, because I'm sure there's gonna be that one idiot that says it. RWZ is pretty dead... >.>

Edited by Katsuragisama

I do not miss any form of "random chance" in obtaining gear, especially from content that I completed successfully.

But it also wasnt your only way to get gear. You could grind and grind if you wanted to. But you still had a shot of cutting out 4k from your grind... Unless you really have nothing better to do and actually enjoy the CC stun fest. (Last sentence is not aimed at you personally, as I dont even know you. :p I'm sure it sounds like it but it was more in general for future posters. :))

Not at all. Random chance from bags was horrible.

Only way I would take the random chance back is if it was in addition to steady progression towards gear from commendations.

That's exactly what Battlemaster tokens were for... You could save up and guarantee to have the item, or you could get lucky and cut out part of the grind...

I speaking mainly on BM tokens, not the way champion was handled... That was horrible... -.-

Ah ok. BM token deal wasn't too bad, but it was still random whether you got 1 (via the bag). I will never forget all the superstitions on how to "always" get one...the whole "open your bags in a group and it will have higher chance"...or the "open your bag in a WZ, it really, really works" lol. But yeah, that system wasn't too bad, but overall I just preferreed being rewarded for doing the quest content I completed. I think the Comm system that is in place works ok, still requires a grind, but everyone who partakes will get rewarded to some degree. The bag system issues created more QQ threads than Mara/PT's put together lol.

Edited by Pistols

The brief period where you could grind AND luck out seemed nice, but I was hesitant to reach 50 and rolled alts since the endgame was pretty barren from what I'd heard. Never experienced anything except pure grind because I hit 50 and PvP'd at 50 when Recruit came out.

Ah ok. BM token deal wasn't too bad, but it was still random whether you got 1 (via the bag). I will never forget all the superstitions on how to "always" get one...the whole "open your bads in a group will have higher chance"...or the "open your bag in a WZ, it really, really works" lol. But yeah, that system wasn't too bad, but overall I just preferreed being rewards for doing the quest content. I think the Comm system that is in place works well, still requires a grind, but every who partakes will get rewarded to some degree. The bag system issues created more QQ threads than Mara/PT's put together lol.

That's what I'm talking about, and I updated the OP as well. It sucked when the only thing we had was BM bags or nothing. But when they added battlemaster commendations to the NPC, as well as having the bags, it felt like a pretty nice (although random) pace. Compared to now it's just a pure mind numbing grind no matter what, there is no second option.

The brief period where you could grind AND luck out seemed nice, but I was hesitant to reach 50 and rolled alts since the endgame was pretty barren from what I'd heard. Never experienced anything except pure grind because I hit 50 and PvP'd at 50 when Recruit came out.

I'm sorry... :( Battlemaster Bags gave me a sense of suspense, and it was always fun when you did get that last comm you needed for a piece of gear, as well as being 1000/1000 so you could buy an implant right after. :eek:

Edited by Katsuragisama

I have so much hate for you right now. NEVER mention that bag **** again...

I was rank 74 War Hero when they put that garbage to bed, and was still missing 3 pieces of BM. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all. Good riddance.

I have so much hate for you right now. NEVER mention that bag **** again...

I was rank 74 War Hero when they put that garbage to bed, and was still missing 3 pieces of BM. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all. Good riddance.

You do realize I'm talking about when you could also buy the battlemaster tokens as well, right? >.>

I'm sorry... :( Battlemaster Bags gave me a sense of suspense, and it was always fun when you did get that last comm you needed for a piece of gear, as well as being 1000/1000 so you could buy an implant right after. :eek:

I think I still have a BM bag in my level 48 Merc's cargo hold? Is that possible? O.o Haven't touched the character in so long..

I think I still have a BM bag in my level 48 Merc's cargo hold? Is that possible? O.o Haven't touched the character in so long..

I feel like it probably is. Hell I still have some centurion comms that I didnt have enough left over to buy anything with from the PvP vendor. xD