Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

Exactly this. Awful news if you're leveling a PVP main or alt. This is like starting a Christmas savings account in July and two weeks later the church says Jesus was born in September and they're bumping the holiday back a few months.

Honestly, if you're "doing it right" you are using your main to get your alts their war hero pieces to begin with. Assuming this, the reduced ranked comms difference in negligible. Not to mention, U50 PvP is awful compared to 50 PvP.

I can only imagine one scenario where a PvPer would want this turned off: If its their very first character PvP wise and have no one PvP geared to feed them war hero stuff via legacy equipment.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more than happy that they gave people this. A lot of people have been complaining that leveling to 50 again is a pain and they just want to do their class stories. So I am glad they are having double xp weekends for those people!

However, sucks for some of us who feel we already level too fast and DONT want to level faster. Now that just means theres 4 weekends where I cant play. Bioware, you need to remember your customer base doesnt always like the same thing. And while its great you're offering double xp for people, let those of us who dont want it, turn it off.

Agreed.

Bioware, please give those of us the option to disable this. For those who love this idea.. I understand your excitement. But for the other side of the river, there's those of us that hate it when we are doing all of the planet's content and we wind up outleveling it... It's already hard enough remaining in the level range where there's still some difficulty. Now it's gonna be like going to Tatooine at lvl 30 and leaving at level 35.. then going to Alderaan at 35, and leveling at 38. My act 1 ending class quest will be gray!

Please, Bioware, make a /disabledoublexp command. I beg you. This will destroy my leveling goals in this game... and I rarely get to play on weekdays.

Edited by DarthGile

Please, Bioware, make a /disabledoublexp command. I beg you. This will destroy my leveling goals in this game... and I rarely get to play on weekdays.

Same here. I finally settled on a main and I'm loving the leveling process. I don't want to ruin anyone else fun, but I would really appreciate a way to opt out, or a buff I could get to ignore the double exp. An exp. sapping stim or something. I'm really love the road my character's on and don't want it to rush by too fast.

Agreed.

Bioware, please give those of us the option to disable this. For those who love this idea.. I understand your excitement. But for the other side of the river, there's those of us that hate it when we are doing all of the planet's content and we wind up outleveling it... It's already hard enough remaining in the level range where there's still some difficulty. Now it's gonna be like going to Tatooine at lvl 30 and leaving at level 35.. then going to Alderaan at 35, and leveling at 38. My act 1 ending class quest will be gray!

Who cares if it's grey? Do the quests anyways? It's not like the story is any different or the bonuses are any different. If you actually do every quest anyways then your chapter one quest is already grey regardless of double exp.

So who cares?

As for wz comms...why do you need to max out your comms before 50? Just get them AT 50.

There is literally NOTHING bioware can do where people won't ***** about it. For example: They make sprint level 1 and there's an outcry that there's nothing to look forward to anymore.

I wish all the QQers would just quit. =(

Maybe I'll finally get a sorcerer and BH to 50 and finally get all four class buffs, so cool for me. I've done the Pub side missions enough that I audibly groan on some planets so this is really nice for me. Double XP weekends are a great promo event and I'm glad to see you guys implementing them. You really should think about a toggle to turn off xp though for a future patch. Not just for the double xp weekends but overall. People are right when they say that the completion-ists usually end up graying out planet quests, the mobs become trivial and the whole planet boring. I'm not sure how this would affect under 50 PvP though, that's an entirely different animal that I don't play with.

As for wz comms...why do you need to max out your comms before 50? Just get them AT 50.

I'll gladly answer this. Most PvP'ers will max out their comms before hitting level 50 so they can acquire the better tier gear as opposed to strapping on the inferior Recruit. It's a very common practice with people leveling up, but this is also not constrained to sub 50 players. There are a variety of reasons to max out comms, but understand my suggestion was merely that, a suggestion...and not a QQ post. Please don't label me as such (if you were referring to my post), thanks.

Honestly, if you're "doing it right" you are using your main to get your alts their war hero pieces to begin with. Assuming this, the reduced ranked comms difference in negligible. Not to mention, U50 PvP is awful compared to 50 PvP.

I can only imagine one scenario where a PvPer would want this turned off: If its their very first character PvP wise and have no one PvP geared to feed them war hero stuff via legacy equipment.

My main GS already has fully augmented EWH gear and will be sending those hand-me-downs to my Sniper the day 2.0 drops.

Right now I'm hoarding WZ medpacks and Adrenals. I go through those things like candy and because I'm a casual gamer, having to spend my WZ comms on replenishing my inventory really cuts into how quickly I can maximize my gear.

Say I race to 50 with this event, then what? Roll around in recruit gear because my main still needs his equipment? I'd rather not mail that stuff back and forth until Makeb goes live and I've already paid my lousy gear dues in Lvl 50 WZ's, so that's out of the question as well.

I do agree with you 100% on the <50 PVP, though... what a nightmare some of those matches are.

geez my smuggler is already level 43 and only just left quesh and I don't do any PvP either,how about adding in something to turn exp off..i hate out leveling planets before I even get to them ...:( Edited by Avorniel

So for people with level 50's and level 50 legacy this is meaningless?

So far Veteran players will find they lose Coms when 2.0 comes in as the caps are very very low, Black Hole coms the highest possible currently will be worth the same as daily coms come 2.0. And now in the lead up to Rise of the Hutt Cartel there is a big announcement and it is meaningless to verteran players who have been loyal subscribers of the game since the begining.

When will we see some thanks or rewards for long term subscribers? Even the recent Reputation rewards form the new Cartel packs was a bonus reward or thank you for people that purchased cartel packs. Yet there is no thank you for people that have been subscribed. Now for new players and those that haven't max legacy can look forward to bonus xp weekend but nothing for those that have due to long term playing (and supporting the game).

I was expecting more, or something good from the BIG/Important annoncement. Guess its made a lot of people happy but just seems a bit pointless to a lot of players who already have as many lv 50's as they want. Kinda feel let down guess thats the problem of having something hyped too much. Even though no worse off when it comes out and it means nothing it feels like I have lost rather than gained nothing. Edited by Izorii

I only level at weekends and I hate being overleveled because face rolling every mob is really boring. With the current XP rewards if I mix in flashpoints and warzones I have to skip some side quests and bonus series to keep things interesting. Double XP with no option to switch it off will mean skipping half the content. Not what I want to do especially as I've just started my first Imp toon having done all 4 rep stories.

Why not just give out free XP boosts and people can use them, hoard them or sell them. Oh yeah becasue that would be smart and you guys don't do smart.

Really? They announce 2x exp weekends and ppl complain that they won't be able to cap comms. Actually I am not surprised since forums have convinced me ppl just qq for the sake of qq'ing. Assuming you have a main, just pvp with it and buy the WH for the lowbie and mail them the mods using legacy armor. Problem solved.

I appreciate seeing the people who are thanking BW for this as I am a big fan and will be playing every weekend for a while now.

I'll gladly answer this. Most PvP'ers will max out their comms before hitting level 50 so they can acquire the better tier gear as opposed to strapping on the inferior Recruit. It's a very common practice with people leveling up, but this is also not constrained to sub 50 players. There are a variety of reasons to max out comms, but understand my suggestion was merely that, a suggestion...and not a QQ post. Please don't label me as such (if you were referring to my post), thanks.

do we get double xp for the fun times on your yacht?

Devs already said that forum hype made this announcement bigger than it really was.

No surprise. Lol, I definately appreciate the perk though. But considering I am working on characters 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 to 50, this may get me started on my last 3 spots. I am so glad some new story content will be out April 8, it appears. That is usually what Bioware is good at.

Edited by Dawgtide

I think people need to lighten up a bit. First off, it's a great model for the game and for those wish to work on some alts, and anything "double" is a welcome change to any grind in the lowbie area.

I don't partake in a lot of alt grinding, so if this remains "XP only", it won't have much in the way for me...but I still believe it's a great feature to see in the game, as I'm sure it will reappear at another time.

People also need to realize, with 2.0 around the corner, many are scrambling to get to get their alt toons to 50, in order to be ready for the new content. Take a step back, and look outside of yourself.

On another note, I do understand "Story" is important to many (as with slow grinding), so I would be in favor of having an option to turn-off double XP for the sake of Story mode.

Lastly enjoy these perks, they create much needed activity outside of the Fleet and tends to be a welcome addition to many players experiencing the gameplay with leveling.

Edited by Pistols-GS

and I swear if BW said it was going to lower the sub fee to $9.99 there would be QQing from people who'd say they felt $14.99 made it feel more worthwhile to them ... a discounted rate was cheapening their gameplay. :|

People QQing about people QQing always makes me chuckle.

Forced double XP will ruin my gaming experience, some of us want to enjoy the leveling process not race to 50.

All I want is an opt out, If people want to speed level fine go for it. I'd like the option not to is that really too much to ask for?

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

I have a question. Will this still burn through our rested XP when this is going on? Or will our rested XP remain the same (or actually slightly increase if we logout in cantinas) regardless of how much we play over the weekends?