Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why 6.x Hates the Guardian/Jugg Tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Why 6.x Hates the Guardian/Jugg Tank

alexzk
04.09.2020 , 01:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
The lord of pain set bonus is broken, and this has been acknowledged by the devs. In addition the utility that reduces leap cd on damage taken is broken.

I play the class practically daily as I have over 20 guardians.
Are you sure about leap cd? I can't believe, because my tank jumps much more often then sentinel during fight. Maybe it gets broken if you get more charges there...

....and btw, about time showed on chargeable abilities - it is for all classes, shadows can't see stealth cd now, for example. It's just broken design for all.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

Equeliber
04.09.2020 , 01:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
P.P.S If you have problems with keeping aggro on packs - use shield exploding set 4 pieces. This one is good for all tanks with healer. Once you get attacked you never lose aggro - automatic aoe, even if u're stunned.
The only worse setup you could have is to run without set bonus at all. Trishin's is so bad that I don't understand how can you even consider using it.

If one has aggro problems, he should just run more offensive stats or just equip Descent of Fearless set - that gives you actual damage. Or, well, learn how to use his abilities better - aggro is not a problem in any way right now. Tanks have ton of threat. Recommending Trishin's? Just no.

alexzk
04.09.2020 , 01:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
The only worse setup you could have is to run without set bonus at all. Trishin's is so bad that I don't understand how can you even consider using it.

If one has aggro problems, he should just run more offensive stats or just equip Descent of Fearless set - that gives you actual damage. Or, well, learn how to use his abilities better - aggro is not a problem in any way right now. Tanks have ton of threat. Recommending Trishin's? Just no.
Not sure why you dislike it. It is about 20% of own dps if used on packs, at least for shadows I calculated, just because it works while you stunned/pushed/on cd. Also in 70 content it does 4 times less damage then in 75. For example in pvp/uprising each explosion does 1200 dmg. For 8 targets it is 9000 almost. Each 2-3 seconds with 50% chance shield.
Better then that is only retaliation with no-cd. Sometimes I need to spam it faster then i can click button.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

KendraP
04.09.2020 , 11:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
Are you sure about leap cd? I can't believe, because my tank jumps much more often then sentinel during fight. Maybe it gets broken if you get more charges there...

....and btw, about time showed on chargeable abilities - it is for all classes, shadows can't see stealth cd now, for example. It's just broken design for all.
I have no idea how to prove it to you, but yes the utility is bugged. If your sent is jumping less, perhaps you're confusing the leap goes off cd when exiting combat utility with the leap cd reduced when attacked utility.

And I wasn't the one complaining about the fact "charged" abilities don't show a cd anymore, though I do find it annoying. The leap one in particular because we don't even get charges of leap, sents do.. I would also point out I didn't name the thread, I would've just called it something like "please fix bugged set bonus and utility". But I don't see the point making a thread when one complaining about the same thing exists already.