will CE ever get exclusive things .?

lazze

will CE ever get exclusive things i paid 130pound for my game love the figure and everything that comes with it but its like bioware dont care about giving people who got the CE anything,

is there going to be stuff coming for CE owners ?....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Discussions about CE vendor will be held in January. That's what they said recently in the Livestream Q&A.

There is dozens of similar threads so prepare for a storm and all the sort of insults associated with feeling entitled to the content you paid for...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The CE vendor in fact has exclusive items in it right now.

Now, if you were pleading for new/more items... OK.. well... wait and see. :D

Besides, If they said yes right now today.... you'd still be all worked up about it because promises mean nothing to most MMO players. ;)

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did. Edited by Sindorin

ooh thanks just wanted know if they plan on scrapping it, which they more then likly will i bet ..

From what they did until now it is very likely. Hold your thumbs in January, though. But it's very disturbing that we were not only advertised a "dynamic assortment of items" but it was clearly said that the shop will get regular updates in pre-order page if i remember correctly AND it was even said so by a dev in one of the similar threads.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The CE vendor in fact has exclusive items in it right now.

Now, if you were pleading for new/more items... OK.. well... wait and see. :D

Besides, If they said yes right now today.... you'd still be all worked up about it because promises mean nothing to most MMO players. ;)

Can I plead for items that were stripped out because of a BS reason, and has only seen nose-snubbing by adding more speeders of the exact same type that got removed? Because, you know, that Korrealis Commander's calling to me from its grave, saying "Sorry you didn't plow through to 50 and complain about lack of content in a month flat. Ride me, Space Cowboy Jedi!"

I want that thing. Dumb as it sounds, it was like the highlight of me hitting 50, and since they stripped it out, I kind of said "well, what's waiting for me when I hit 50? What's my 'treat?'"

From what they did until now it is very likely. Hold your thumbs in January, though. But it's very disturbing that we were not only advertised a "dynamic assortment of items" but it was clearly said that the shop will get regular updates in pre-order page if i remember correctly AND it was even said so by a dev in one of the similar threads.

Indeed. I am just chalking it up to lessoned learned. I don't expect EAware to ever ... EVER get around to doing anything with the CE owners. They have our money. They want "new" money. CC Store will always have priority.

On a related note, it is amazing to me how EA has now surpased $oE in less than a year for disappointing me and jerking me around. It took $oE a good 5 years to make me hate them. EA did that in less than 9 months. :rolleyes:

My bets are what you see is what you get! In SWG we had the Special Edition Goggles. That was it for 9 years. They won't more because that would generate too much hate.

And we saw. We did. We saw "a dynamic assortment of items" (and the assortment is not dynamic in any way...).

The only hate they can generate is from CE owners - we did not get what we paid for. Vendor was advertised to have updates. Period.

When you're buying something and the said contents of the packaging are missing then you usually go and ask for a refund...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

My bets are what you see is what you get! In SWG we had the Special Edition Goggles. That was it for 9 years. They won't more because that would generate too much hate.

Well, I do agree that there would be a major flare-up in the forum wars between CE and non-CE IF they did in fact add some cool exclusive content to the CE vendor. :D Total nonsense... but it was hilarious when it happened pre-launch. It had more spunk and energy then Sith vs Jedi.

Maybe them not doing so is to pre-interdict forum wars. :p See... if everyone could behave and not get into virtual vibroblade fights over silly digital goodies.... maybe these threads could be retired. :p

Edited by Andryah

The only hate they can generate is from CE owners - we did not get what we paid for. Vendor was advertised to have updates. Period.

When you're buying something and the said contents of the packaging are missing then you usually go and ask for a refund...

think might have to report them to trading standards...lol .

... a personal Twi'lek slave.

You're in luck, friend, for I have a website for you! PersonalTwiLekSlave4Me.com! Completely legit! They may sound Russian, just ignore that - it's a, uh, "Twi'Lek Accent," yeah, that's it!

(Please don't kill me, Russian mafia!)

Wish you were able to remember http://www.swtor.com/pre-order saying that CE Vendor will be receiving regular updates "to keep players coming back".

CE was sold in surprisingly large quantities sometime around May and at ridiculously low prices. So much for limited and exclusive edition of the game, huh? Most of the players I know are CE owners. What's the problem? That's the point of buying a CE - having an exclusive item. If all of them CE update enemies are saying that player wearing exclusive and fancy stuff is not better than someone without it then what's the problem? Why would they hate on a company for delivering promised content to customers who extra for it?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.

Well it isn't exactly greed in that they did promise and tell us our CE vendor would be updated with items. I have said it and will say it again people love tossing around entitlement. some people bought the CE for the box stuff while others for the in game things. i would ask you where is the entitlement for something was promised to all CE owners?

To the STO lifers I am afraid to tell you they are not considering what Perfect World did by selling pretty much everything lifers get for half the cost.

To the OP we already have items only for us I think you mean to say when will they add more :)

The CE really isnt that exclusive.

Anyone who pays for a VIP band can get the same vendor content. The only exclusive thing the CE people really got were the toys (pet, speeder, holodancer, flare gun and camera).

Nah, there's actually a second vendor up there exclusive to the CE guys. They sell a handful of customizations (for example, my Guardian has on a T7 custom that gives them a round head, I think?) a set of orange empty shells (Republic Soldier for Reps, Imperial Trooper for Imps,) and a speeder that is NOT the Korrealis Commander that was originally there.

Oh, and I think a droid, or a pet, or something? It's something small, like the Rhythm Droid, I think.

Nah, there's actually a second vendor up there exclusive to the CE guys. They sell a handful of customizations (for example, my Guardian has on a T7 custom that gives them a round head, I think?) a set of orange empty shells (Republic Soldier for Reps, Imperial Trooper for Imps,) and a speeder that is NOT the Korrealis Commander that was originally there.

Oh, and I think a droid, or a pet, or something? It's something small, like the Rhythm Droid, I think.

Korrealis Commander was never available from a CE vendor. it was accessible to everyone once they purchased VIP access. Rhythm droid is from Sec-key vendor. I wonder how nobody is raging that sec-key owners are having super-useful fleet-passes and are rocking around with slave outfits and Rhythm Augmentation droid?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Korrealis Commander was never available from a CE vendor. it was accessible to everyone once they purchased VIP access. Rhythm droid is from Sec-key vendor. I wonder how nobody is raging that sec-key owners are having super-useful fleet-passes and are rocking around with slave outfits and Rhythm Augmentation droid?

I could swear it was CE vendor only. Oh well, regardless, bring it back in. You can't rip it out because "they're too big," then have drops and new speeders in the game be as big or bigger than these things. It's... it's unamerican!

will CE ever get exclusive things i paid 130pound for my game love the figure and everything that comes with it but its like bioware dont care about giving people who got the CE anything,

is there going to be stuff coming for CE owners ?....

You got bloody collectibles in your box set. This CE whining is really getting old. I've been playing MMOs for 12 years and this is the first one that had people constantly whining even a year after release because they don't feel special enough. It's gone past annoying straight on to being pathetic.

You got bloody collectibles in your box set. This CE whining is really getting old. I've been playing MMOs for 12 years and this is the first one that had people constantly whining even a year after release because they don't feel special enough. It's gone past annoying straight on to being pathetic.

Sublimate your rage.

CE owners have a vendor that was lack luster at best that was promised to have regular updates. It has been left untouched. It was false advertising. THEY LIED. Now with the CC Store, the CE vendor will never see any updates.

Edited by Urael

Indeed. I am just chalking it up to lessoned learned. I don't expect EAware to ever ... EVER get around to doing anything with the CE owners. They have our money. They want "new" money. CC Store will always have priority.

On a related note, it is amazing to me how EA has now surpased $oE in less than a year for disappointing me and jerking me around. It took $oE a good 5 years to make me hate them. EA did that in less than 9 months. :rolleyes:

Woot...I'm bugged... can still post...nice job EAWare :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to topic....

I thought a year ago EA's motto should have been- "EA- At least we're better than SOE"

Now I think it ought to be- "EA- Hey, we're so fabulous- we're the only company in all of gaming that can make SOE look "good" by comparison!"

:rak_03:

Edited by LrdRahvin

I thought a year ago EA's motto should have been- "EA- At least we're better than SOE"

Now I think it ought to be- "EA- Hey, we're so fabulous- we're the only company in all of gaming that can make SOE look "good" by comparison!"

Sig worthy. :D