Preview Window Available on PTS!

EricMusco

I played around with this a little today. I'm mostly going to reinforce Xina_LA's comments.

The lighting is off in the outfit preview. It's dimmer which loses detail. It's also just softer, which again loses detail. I can zoom in closer which is quite nice though! Side by side with the same settings.

It's frustrating not being able to rotate emotes.

The deco preview has a lot of room for improvement. We need to be able to adjust the position of the item within the view field. Too often if you zoom in the deco disappears off the bottom of the page. Many decos can't be zoomed in on so they are tiny and you can't see details. This would also be a great opportunity to enlarge the view a little. A lot of the lights I checked aren't showing the right colors. These are the ones I found so far (all of the Ossus crystals are wrong.)

Edited by Damask_Rose

Noticed a maybe-bug.

The covert energy line of armor (a.k.a. invisible clothes) used to work in the old preview window (albeit a little buggily; the covert item would un-preview if you applied a dye to the preview after previewing the covert item). However, the new preview system gives an error message in red for the covert energy items: "this item cannot be previewed."

I just have one question about this :

How badly will you break the game and should I even bother loging in that week,when this hits?

Do you actually expect an answer to this flippant nonsense, or was it rhetorical and you are just voicing your previous frustrations?

Take your off-topic negativity somewhere else if you don't have relevant feedback on this feature.

Edited by michaelcshow

Do you actually expect an answer to this flippant nonsense, or was it rhetorical and you are just voicing your previous frustrations?

Take your off-topic negativity somewhere else if you don't have relevant feedback on this feature.

I agree, that wasn't constructive.

Yes something always breaks in the game,when they do something. Sure breaking the game isn't relevant. Will be looking for your QQ's when something breaks here on forums.

• Mounts – It will play that mount’s flourish if it has one, if not it will show the mount in motion. Pressing it again will stop the mount from moving.
  • Character with weapon drawn – Character will begin an animation set to that weapon type. Pressing it again will stop the animation.
  • Character with weapon sheathed – Character will run in place. Pressing it again will stop the character from running.
  • Character with pet previewed – Both the character and pet will begin running. Pressing it again will stop both from running.

That doesn't sound right to me. At least, it doesn't actually work that way.

First of all, mounts do their flourish any time you change anything in the preview window, not just when you preview a mount, which can be a real pain in the neck depending on how complex the mount flourish is.

Sometimes the character does things when an item is previewed, but it doesn't count as running an animation, so you can't hit Stop.

For example, previewing an emote causes the character to do the emote, but there is no Stop button for that. If you hit play, you start running. Next you hit stop, and you're not running or doing the emote anymore.

If you preview several different types of items in a row, so they're all in the preview window at once, you have no idea what's going to happen when you hit Play, because the window doesn't think it's doing the animation for whatever you previewed last.

To see what I mean here, try previewing weapons, mounts, and emotes in different orders without resetting the window and see what the Play button does (or doesn't do).

Edited by Xina_LA

The Ancient Sith Warblade doesn't show the color of the equiped Crystal (other weapons might have the same problem but I don't use them). That was already a problem in the old Preview Window and almost kept me from buying it.

The Ancient Sith Warblade doesn't show the color of the equiped Crystal (other weapons might have the same problem but I don't use them). That was already a problem in the old Preview Window and almost kept me from buying it.

FYI, in the current preview window, the ancient sith warblade does show the colour of an equipped crystal, but for some reason you need to zoom in a bit to see it. I haven't checked yet if that applies to the new preview window too.

FYI, in the current preview window, the ancient sith warblade does show the colour of an equipped crystal, but for some reason you need to zoom in a bit to see it. I haven't checked yet if that applies to the new preview window too.

You are right, it works on the new preview too but you need to zoom in so far that you don't see the entire blade anymore (the point I stopped while testing).

Since that is the case I would suggest that the distance the color shows to be increased so you can better judge how it looks, especially with multicolor crystals.