Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So about Darth Malora...


BlastBoomArt's Avatar


BlastBoomArt
11.12.2019 , 03:45 PM | #1
Are we going to be seeing anymore of her? I have a very hard time believing that the devs wasted all that time making a unique face model for her just to completely erase her from the story after one mission.

I liked the new Malora a heck of a lot. They did an amazing job on her appearance and voice to make her stunningly creepy and her motivations seemed really interesting. I was really excited to have her play the Imp-side counter-part to Tau, (since that seemed to be what the JuS teaser art was hinting at) onlyyyyyyyy for Malgus to **** it up.

I have never wanted to kill a character so badly in that instant. Not even Koth or Ashara inspired so much rage...

Anyway, I had to walk away from my computer after that and rage to my girlfriend about it. When I did finally come back, I was definitely relieved to see that she wasn't actually dead, but is she functionally dead now? Are we ever actually going to see her again or was she just a means to hype up Malgus' return? (Funny enough, that did the exact opposite for me and I can't wait to stick my lightsaber in Malgus, hopefully for the last frikkin time!)
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
11.12.2019 , 05:13 PM | #2
She can be killed on the republic side, so that is probably why they replaced her on the council.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#post9790259
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

BlastBoomArt's Avatar


BlastBoomArt
11.12.2019 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
She can be killed on the republic side, so that is probably why they replaced her on the council.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#post9790259
As we've at least seen with Acina, death in one playthrough doesn't necessarily mean perma-death for everybody else anymore. (thank god!)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll be back.
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.12.2019 , 06:54 PM | #4
I was shocked when I saw her and I was like ''Nooo! That Malora? The one I got her zapped by her fatass Master ??'' and she remembered it no less lol priceless!

was kinda weird, I mean she complained that her fatass master back then was just wasting ressources and blahblah . And then she turn around and do something similar and go further then him. I mean, I get it..she did get result and probably it paid off to the Imp..unlike her master .

But I wouldve though the way she complained...she would choose a different path .

Maybe it was a form of rebellion against him ?

would be funny if she kept him alive and used him as her personal guinea Pig . Imagine, if he become half-fatass and Half-those bug on Balmorra..*Shudder*...eww indeed lol

The Dark council need a ''crazy do illegal experiment'' on the dark council, it wouldn't be the dark council without one!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.12.2019 , 07:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
would be funny if she kept him alive and used him as her personal guinea Pig . Imagine, if he become half-fatass and Half-those bug on Balmorra..*Shudder*...eww indeed lol
He's killed by Pub characters during the Korriban FP though (fat dude fighting near the elevator with some Tuk'atas)
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.12.2019 , 08:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
He's killed by Pub characters during the Korriban FP though (fat dude fighting near the elevator with some Tuk'atas)
Oh yeah, now I remember . Still, she can bring him back like Malgus did.....Ah! Body of a Tukata and his head stay intact! Now thats a diet! he lost weight XD
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

BlastBoomArt's Avatar


BlastBoomArt
11.12.2019 , 08:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
was kinda weird, I mean she complained that her fatass master back then was just wasting ressources and blahblah . And then she turn around and do something similar and go further then him. I mean, I get it..she did get result and probably it paid off to the Imp..unlike her master .

But I wouldve though the way she complained...she would choose a different path .

Maybe it was a form of rebellion against him ?
Personally, I'm guessing it's probably a case of 'the student trying SO hard to not be like their master, that they overshoot it and end up accidentally becoming exactly like their master in the end'.

I can absolutely see her rationalizing it to herself too, like "See, I'm nothing like him. My experiments actually DO something!" Even if that 'something' is kill a bunch of Imperials. lol

This is why I want to see more of Malora! The small glimpse we got into who she's become was extremely interesting and I really want to know more about her.
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.12.2019 , 09:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BlastBoomArt View Post
Personally, I'm guessing it's probably a case of 'the student trying SO hard to not be like their master, that they overshoot it and end up accidentally becoming exactly like their master in the end'.

I can absolutely see her rationalizing it to herself too, like "See, I'm nothing like him. My experiments actually DO something!" Even if that 'something' is kill a bunch of Imperials. lol

This is why I want to see more of Malora! The small glimpse we got into who she's become was extremely interesting and I really want to know more about her.
-
Oh man, how I wish when we met her, we could poke fun in the dialogue about that! instead of ''Oh I got you zapped, didn't I ?'' lol

would've been so hilarious to watch her reaction! Say something like ''So..do you want me to get you a heart like your master asked me all those years back ? Or are you covered...? weird..I don't see a freezer in here''
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

LordVitalus's Avatar


LordVitalus
11.13.2019 , 07:35 AM | #9
I hope we'll be able to recruit her at some point, at least with an alliance alert.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

BlastBoomArt's Avatar


BlastBoomArt
11.13.2019 , 09:05 AM | #10
Was rewatching the cutscenes that Malora was in in JuS, and it has me wondering...

Malora mentions that she's interested in the library more than anything. She doesn't even seem that particularly broken up about being ousted from the dark council. And when she returns from being shoved off the ledge, she says that she plans to pick through the remains of the library for what she seeks. Sounds like she might have something particular in mind...Could be something that'll come into play in the future? With Tenebrae's plague maybe?

Or not! I mean, she does get arrested/stabbed over Rep-side. That being said, we already know that death is hardly permanent in this friggin game.

An interesting theory at least. Feel free to poke holes! I was too lazy to rewatch all of JuS so there's likely information I've missed.
-
"You have chosen the lonely path. The Jedi teach denial of self. That is their weakness. No sentient can long abide that." - Saes Rrogon
May the force ever serve you.