PvP players deserve better (5.1 changes and the inherent flaws within)

AllisonLightning

You know, I'm a pretty positive guy, and generally do not slam Bioware at all; they are one of my favorite game companies.

But even I have to say that the White Knighting of this terrible system is getting hilarious. I have no idea what some of you folks defending this grind are thinking. It's a mistake, which is FINE, as long as it gets fixed. Everyone makes mistakes.

Conversely, we ONCE had a great system. The crystal/comms/vendor system was *fine*. It might have needed some small tweaks but in general it was NOT broken, at least mechanically.

It's super unfortunate. The funny thing is, after 5.2, 5.3, etc we will probably end up with almost the exact system we used to have, with tweaks around GC being the drop source. We're just taking the worst possible route to get there.

What kills me is that they will come back on Monday. See all these posts about us not liking these changes. Then they will say " well, sorry not enough time to change anything now". Which is I guess why they dropped all this on the forums on late Friday to start with. Edited by Death-Hammer

Bolster caps out at 236 and you can buy 240's from the GTN.

If all you care about is BiS for PvP then you don't need nearly as much luck and effort as you do to reach BiS in PvE.

While good news for the bolster cap, you still need the set bonus, but luckily it is looking like you can stop in Tier 2 with a full set, yeah. Until they bork bolster again.

@Dbohrius ...

The secong part (after the Quote of your post) was the part meant for you directly :o ... I should have made that it bit more transparent - sorry if there was a misunderstandig because of it ;) ...

Best regards

Kage

No worries :-)

Anyway, I think crafting could be a viable solution to my pvp woes... but can we RE end game mods crafted by someone else and sold on the GTN? If not, then I must grind until I get the recipes for the mods I need, which is a daunting taks in terms of time invested.

Sheesh. I'd be less annoyed if at least the recipes we get in the command crates were not bound.

What kills me is that they will come back on Monday. See all these posts about us not liking these changes. Then they will say " well, sorry not enough time to change anything now". Which is I guess why they dropped all this on the forums on late Friday to start with.

I thought they would just hide them and this would be my first thread shuffled off page. :t_rolleyes:

Edited by AllisonLightning