Galactic Command isn't that bad and i'm enjoying it

fushnchips

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only real solution to that is make use of all the crafting professions and spend several millions on the GTN...That's what I did to get my almost all 230s set --3 of my set armourings are still last tier's at GC level 86, almost into the next frigging current tier! With the last 45-odd levels being crate.

After crate.

After crate.

After crate.

After crate...of worthless garbage.

All I want is an optimised "starter-plus" end-game set; Like I implied above, that's more than enough for many of the things I typically do in-game, and it was always quite straightforward to get pre-5.XX.

Hell, if I were a more frequent/enthusiastic PuG-raider, then it'd probably have almost been too freaking easy, before.

This isn't gearing-up, this is reaching into a grab bag full of **** and hoping that you'll eventually --maybe-- find a few peanuts amidst all the handfuls of warm, fresh excre-- errrm, pardon: Excitement.

It's absolutely insulting and utterly insufferable, as are the supporters of same.

The husb has all of the crafting skills maxxed across his characters, which is good for us because I don't enjoy crafting and I can just pass him all the mats I find. However, it would be nice if I could hand all of these new schematics I keep pulling out of these crates to the husb to use, but they're Legacy bound, which translates to disintegrate... and I bet you can guess how many schematics he's received so far :rolleyes:. Disintegration is what the husb and I do with the vast majority of the items we've received from the crates.

The funny thing is, I'm not even against RNG as a concept. It has existed in every MMO I've played in the last 18 years in the form of kill mob, loot his stuffs. This is basically an industry standard, and I enjoy it. I actually missed looting all the trash mobs in FFXIV as they don't drop any loot, and I loved WildStar's vacuum loot system because I liked seeing that purple item fly out of the mob I killed so that I could suck it up and see what it was. I like looting mobs for random stuff. Hell, finding that rare world drop off of a mob was the original Thrill of the Hunt™. What I don't like is having an existing token-based system taken away and replaced with a random loot table. Not just any random loot table, but a random loot table full of garbage. Had this been thrown on top of the Data Crystal system, my opinion would be more, "meh, it's okay," rather than, "uh... this makes no kind of sense."

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed. I'm disappointed that hey have taken away my previous ability to reasonably make a plan and prioritize the items I want to buy and when. Why am I now getting a schematic when before I would have purchased a head piece? Why am I receiving skins to sell on the GTN just to turn around and use those credits buy the Companion Gift that I originally wanted to begin with? These are just examples, but it just goes to show that this system is not more easy or simple or fun, and that I feel that with all BW's sales pitches about how simple and exciting it is, they're either totally clueless or they're knowingly selling us garbage.

I'd probably be a lot less disappointed at BW if I had played a game that had a GC-type system from day 1 - at least I knew what I was signing on for - rather than having an existing, more simplified system that I enjoyed taken away and replaced with more complex and ineffective one. This isn't something I'll quit the game over, as I get my enjoyment elsewhere in the game that the current team had little to do with (vanilla,) but I'll always keep it in the back of my mind that the new BW is like to pull this type of crap in the future and I'll take it into account if/when I ever decide to purchase another BW game or continue this one.

The alternatives are there, yet you refuse to use them, and would rather complain endlessly and demand people lose their jobs. Gotcha.

I might have work around the broken system and been really lucky with it on one character but I still see it for it is. BROKEN. I still see they knew what it was and ignored the issue for a long time only reacting once they started seeing subs go. I still think there is someone there who is being intractable about needing to keep RNG as part of the primary gearing method and they need to fired.

Just because there is a work around that kind of makes it work for some doesn't mean the guy who let this mess happen and has been perpetuating it shouldn't be moved on. It just means you have options to keep playing what you did before this garbage system was forced on us until they do move past the person who is being a problem.

I might have work around the broken system and been really lucky with it on one character but I still see it for it is. BROKEN. I still see they knew what it was and ignored the issue for a long time only reacting once they started seeing subs go. I still think there is someone there who is being intractable about needing to keep RNG as part of the primary gearing method and they need to fired.

Just because there is a work around that kind of makes it work for some doesn't mean the guy who let this mess happen and has been perpetuating it shouldn't be moved on. It just means you have options to keep playing what you did before this garbage system was forced on us until they do move past the person who is being a problem.

Someone... Andryah, I believe, has posted many times about how his guild gets together and crafts high-end gear for everyone and thus gets close to top-end gear. That's a workaround. That's players using their own skills to better their situation and that of their guildies.

Someone else, stoopicus, pointed out how Bioware's gearing system is backwards, in that the Unassembled gear/Components method is more precise and focused as a primary gearing method than the RNG crate method. The thing is, you CAN look at gearing his way. You can in fact run ops and do PvP with specific gearing goals in mind, and utilize the RNG crates as a bonus system. That's not a workaround, that's an alternative system.

I never said the RNGearing crates were perfect, good, viable or even WAI... in fact I'm on record as saying that even though I don't need it and have benefited from it in small ways, I think it's dumb as a primary gearing system. I'm saying there's ways to enjoy the game and gear more efficiently.

Someone else, stoopicus, pointed out how Bioware's gearing system is backwards, in that the Unassembled gear/Components method is more precise and focused as a primary gearing method than the RNG crate method. The thing is, you CAN look at gearing his way. You can in fact run ops and do PvP with specific gearing goals in mind, and utilize the RNG crates as a bonus system. That's not a workaround, that's an alternative system.

Yeah, I really want BW to realize this - it's a fundamental shift that would basically fix the game for loot and actually make GC compelling at the same time. The problem is with the current component drop rates it is untenable. Hopefully that gets fixed next week.

Thread here if anyone wants to agree and pile on.

Yeah, I really want BW to realize this - it's a fundamental shift that would basically fix the game for loot and actually make GC compelling at the same time. The problem is with the current component drop rates it is untenable. Hopefully that gets fixed next week.

Maybe fix PvP but Won't fix Ops untill guarentueed specific loot drops are put back on all bosses. Chance drops and gamblig need to go. This isn't the 90s. ;)

Comment in the thread, I generally agree - Ops and PvP and PvE should have different gearing balances. Part of GC's problem is that it attempts to normalize across all of them.

They should never have removed Expertise. I'm not a fan of it in principle, but separate PvP stats exist for a reason.

"Raid or Die," is yet another old, old, MMO-mistake that others learned from years ago, yet these self-deluding incompetents are incapable of even conceiving that they can make.

(If open-world ganking was really a problem, then you could solve it by rallying everyone's Expertise up to the maximum on a world.)

I'm enjoying it by playing FFXIV till guarentueed specific loot drops go back on all Ops bosses :)

I was looking into that, but I heard 3 second GCD and bad pvp combined with having to pay 60$ to buy before you even pay your subscription made me say no thanks. B&S and BDO are all about the pve grind before you can really do any of the meager and iffy pvp. Wildstar is a huge flop. Tbh, even if it wasn't star wars, this really is the only game out there that seems to have any even half decent pvp.

I can't assume any "fix" they do will be right, so far they have always avoid the right fix and gone for the silly fix or not a fix at all but something to distract. So maybe next week they roll out 10 times the UC in PvP but they will without doubt fail somewhere, such as leaving ops drops as is the ops CXP as is. They have proven one thing with GC and that is their ability to snach failure from the jaws of success and their ability to say they are listening all the while doing their upmost not to.

For today, the alternative system for gearing are all coming up short. All are still tied to RNG and the awful broken crate system.

I am not arguing the game can't be fun despite the devs, no it can be. But why must the devs be the antithesis of fun? Why shouldn't we expect more from them? And why when the messy up most grandly, refuse to fix their mistake, and all the while clearly do the opposite of what they say should we not call for a change in their staffing? I think we can and should demand better.