Shouldn't have become a Master till 3rd or 4th expansion.

gabarooni

Assuming this game has real longevity anyone feel like becoming a Jedi Master at lvl 50 at the end of the very first "Level?" of the game was way to soon?

Can you imagine the posts if you couldn't?

"I SAVED THE UNIVERSE AND I DONT EVEN GET MASTER TITLE? WTH. THIS IS RACIST SOMEHOW"

Why not?

Obiwan became a Master at the end of Episode 1.

No he became a knight after EP 1, even before though Obi-Wan was a padawan for about a decade.

Anyway, time does pass through each chapter. It may have felt short to you, but to the game it wasn't so reaching Master does make sense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'd love to see a ranking system similar to what SWG had when it first came out. Players were ranked on a point system and progressed upward toward master. It seemed like an inner society type thing to me. I knew a tiny bit of it but never unlocked a Jedi so my info is limited. Any former old school SWG Jedi out there want to ring in on this?

No he became a knight after EP 1, even before though Obi-Wan was a padawan for about a decade.

Anyway, time does pass through each chapter. It may have felt short to you, but to the game it wasn't so reaching Master does make sense.

Yah, he became a knight in that scene with yoda, and wad given the rank of Master by the time that party at the end happens (I don't remember if that was in the Ep1 novelization or what), in fact he wonders at some points if that led to him being an inadequate teacher for Anakin.

You're still not part of the Jedi Council... so you have work to do yet :p

I'm fairly certain that by the

end of the JC storyline, you do become a member of the Jedi Council, taking over for Syo Bakarn.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this because I finished that class story back in January.

the SWG ranking system was based on PVP. It was a really cool system but failed to take into consideration the human element. They had it where you could progress and only one person one the whole server could be the top rank....Then you had the council which was like 10-12 forgot now and the lower the rank the more who could be that rank.

You lost ranking when you were killed ect..... The human element though ruined it cuz people made fight clubs camped out in guild halls grinding rank that is what got it removed.

Great idea that needs work

Obi-Wan never became a Jedi Master. He always remained at the rank of Knight. At least according to the Star Wars CCG :D.

"During this time of war, Obi-Wan's reputation and talent on the battlefield and his legendary diplomacy skills had him promoted to Jedi Master, and he was granted a seat on the Jedi High Council to replace Depa Billaba, who had fallen to the dark side and was in a coma after a mission to Haruun Kal.[80] From this exalted position, Kenobi helped to develop the tactics of the Grand Army of the Republic and became one of the leading members of the Jedi High Council."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi

No i agree being master at level 50 is silly all bioware have done is to make it harder for them to bring out more class stories.

Its the same with most classes how ever my sorcerer becomes part of the dark concil so whats next emperor?

They should have split it up! Because if they want this game to last then they need to change the rank system, redo the end of every class quest to make you think there is more to do, right noqw its like you have achieved everything.

Shame hope they will do something about this otherwise the game will end soon. Also dont just bring out more flashpoints, warzones, OPs etc make sure there will always be more PVE then PVP please!!!!

Continue the story of each class making them more interested and more indepth.

No i agree being master at level 50 is silly all bioware have done is to make it harder for them to bring out more class stories.

Its the same with most classes how ever my sorcerer becomes part of the dark concil so whats next emperor?

They should have split it up! Because if they want this game to last then they need to change the rank system, redo the end of every class quest to make you think there is more to do, right noqw its like you have achieved everything.

Shame hope they will do something about this otherwise the game will end soon. Also dont just bring out more flashpoints, warzones, OPs etc make sure there will always be more PVE then PVP please!!!!

How has it made it harder for them to write stories?....Obi-Wan became a jedi master and there was still plenty of stuff for him to do. Luke became a master, and theres still stuff hes doing...so just because you became a master at the end doesn't mean more stories won't come.

How has it made it harder for them to write stories?....Obi-Wan became a jedi master and there was still plenty of stuff for him to do. Luke became a master, and theres still stuff hes doing...so just because you became a master at the end doesn't mean more stories won't come.

Shut yo mouth, i don't do good stuff because i'm a jedi, i do it because i want to be a higher position! :mad:

You saved the Galaxy and

Killed the Emperor one on one! Technically T7 was there too, but in my case I hadn't used T7 since I got Kira on Coruscant so T7 was still wearing gear that he'd had since Tython so it was basically a 1 on 1 fight.

That's not even counting all the other things you do to get there.

The Jedi Knight and the Jedi Consular are not average Jedi Knights and Consulars. They are The Jedi Knight, and The Jedi Counsular. They are the next generation's heroes, destined to become the future leaders of their order.

You saved the Galaxy and

Killed the Emperor one on one! Technically T7 was there too, but in my case I hadn't used T7 since I got Kira on Coruscant so T7 was still wearing gear that he'd had since Tython so it was basically a 1 on 1 fight.

That's not even counting all the other things you do to get there.

The Jedi Knight and the Jedi Consular are not average Jedi Knights and Consulars. They are The Jedi Knight, and The Jedi Counsular. They are the next generation's heroes, destined to become the future leaders of their order.

the point am trying to make is that what class missions can they give us now? we have done everything! we cannot get any better rank or title.

Yah, he became a knight in that scene with yoda, and wad given the rank of Master by the time that party at the end happens (I don't remember if that was in the Ep1 novelization or what), in fact he wonders at some points if that led to him being an inadequate teacher for Anakin.

Actually, he was granted the title of Knight then allowed to start training Anakin straight away. The fact that Padawans call Knights 'Master' doesn't make them a Master. You have to be named to the Jedi Council to be a Master, which Obi Wan didn't achieve until the middle of the Clone Wars.

Actually, he was granted the title of Knight then allowed to start training Anakin straight away. The fact that Padawans call Knights 'Master' doesn't make them a Master. You have to be named to the Jedi Council to be a Master, which Obi Wan didn't achieve until the middle of the Clone Wars.

While I agree that Obi Wan wasn't a master then, you didn't have to named to the Jedi Council to become a master. To become a Jedi Master you either had to:

1. Train a Padawan to the rank of Jedi Knight

2. Go through a kind of "second jedi trial" and the Council raised you to Master.

The thing your referring to was Anakin talking about how he was on placed on the Jedi Council but not given the title of Master because only Jedi Masters were named to the Council. Normally every council member was a master, but not every master was a council member.

the point am trying to make is that what class missions can they give us now? we have done everything! we cannot get any better rank or title.

Hero of malachor, Liberator of bla bla bla.

Jedi don't seek titles/ranks. However even the top Jedi have to go into the field, so maybe the JK has to go help fight this or that. Maybe the JC has to save an academy that is under attack, etc. there can be plenty of ways to involve a council member in missions.