How long until Mercs/Commando's get their Interrupt?

I'll just use one of my two knockbacks t--

oh right bosses are immune to movement-inducing or impairing effects :x

At least we're good at False Emperor..? I mean, if we don't DPS him down during the last choke phase.

I wouldn't mind an interrupt that's only usable on enemies that are specifically immune to our other forms of interrupts (knockback / cryo grenade). Basically it would exist only so we aren't really useless in Hard Modes against jerks like Bulwark. If we had another one that just straight-up worked, we'd be rivaling Sages for interrupt power in CC and no one wants that.

Edited by Gorgewall

They're not going to get it. Classes get a mix of knockbacks, CC, stuns, interrupts, etc. They don't ALL get ALL of them.

For example as a PowerTech I get an Interrupt but no knockbacks. A Merc is the other way around.

Balance, crazy concept.

Here's the thing: while a knockback can function as an interrupt in most cases, they almost never work on bosses or creatures whose abilities need to be interrupted before they instagib someone.

My knockbacks are useful in PvP and killing trash in certain sections of certain flashpoints, but are absolutely worthless in boss encounters (save False Emperor). Interrupts are useful in boss encounters and PvP (especially those which prevent use of the interrupted ability).

The cooldown times on things like General Edikar's laser deal, Ironfist's Headsomething, and Bulwark Smash are all shorter than the cooldowns on a tank's interrupt. If you don't have another interrupt, it can become inordinately difficult to kill certain bosses.

My regular HMFP group consists of a Guardian tank, Sage healer, Commando DPS, and Scoundrel DPS. This puts most of the boss interrupt duty on the tank and healer, the guys who have the most crap to deal with to begin with--I can't help at all.

I'm not asking for an interrupt so I can become an even bigger face-stomper in PvP or general PvE, just so that I'm not a burden on my group when it comes to bosses who have interrupt-or-die mechanics. An interrupt that only works on boss-type creatures or those that are otherwise immune to stuns/knockbacks would serve this purpose.

Edited by Gorgewall

Seeing as Bioware originally told us we could have any group setup, we need an interrupt.. I don't care if I have to give up another ability for it, it's vital to Trooper-heavy groups.

They lied, and that much should have been obvious the moment they stuck enrage timers in.

Now you need a tank, a healer, 2 dps (ok, some bosses can do with less...), and for quite a few you need at least 2 melee/short range characters with interrupts.

Second boss of Esseles: headshot gets cancelled, the boss will often try to do it again right after the 4 second of the interrupt elapsed. Whats that? Oh right, the interrupt has a 12 second cooldown and only 5~ seconds have elapsed. Better have a second person interrupt it.

5 seconds later? Well, you're still on a 2~ seconds cooldown. Well at least you have a 1 second window after the cooldown elapses :)

Oh what is it? Your party is shadow/commando/scoudrel healer/gunslinger, so only you and the healer are in range and have an interupt (if the healer is even in range)? Well, that healer didn't have enough to do anyway =P

I swear, those encounters aren't hard. They just need specific compositions (unless you overgear them) and play like Rockband/Guitar Hero.

They're not going to get it. Classes get a mix of knockbacks, CC, stuns, interrupts, etc. They don't ALL get ALL of them.

For example as a PowerTech I get an Interrupt but no knockbacks. A Merc is the other way around.

Balance, crazy concept.

Right... Sorcs/Sages get everything. As so most other DPS classes. Interrupts are mandatory to be desirable and viable in MMO's.

Especially when Mercs don't bring anything unique to the group, nor do they do the most damage.

Edited by Borigrade