Dear Bioware, if you want us to leave just ask.

lironBD

I think I can represent the "Veteran Crowd" of the playerbase in spirit.

I bought the game when it was launched for 60$, paid my monthly subs and came back over and over each time paying for subscriptions and purchasing the expansions.

I played through everything in the game and did most of the raids (missing few nightmares) with my guilds, ventured through PVP and explored the game thoroughly.

I got 8 level 65 each one of different class and legacy 50, I got also dark\light V.

In the past I had over 50 characters which I've deleted once I've settled on the 8 I want so you can be sure I played A LOT and did most of what this game had to offer.

I really love the game at its core of what it was pre-4.0 and I am big fan of bioware for many years but,

For long time since 4.0 you, bioware, as developer keep acting in strange alienating way. I'm not trying to hurt anyone but that's my personal feeling.

First you turned the game in pure single player experience, most of the "new" content you gave us was horrible heroics, which broke the economy with loads of cash flowing around.

KOTFE Chapters are 1 time through and you can't even visit same place again after that like yavin 4 or makeb.

No new meaningful quests or raids, PVP and GSF are sad story by itself.

Even though you made that HK shenanigan with the bonus chapter for being subscriber for few months and made all those HK'gasm remarks on your twitch I wanted to support you as a fan and try to do my best to give you a chance.

Now coming to the end of KOTFE season 1, most of the guilds I was member in moved to a greener pastures with more raids and group content, lonely with pugs I keep doing same old quests waiting month each time for the 40 minutes 'fix' of new story.

But today...

oh boy...

That felt like slap to my face.

The new Dark\Light event. It's wonderful for new player just starting the game but as someone who already done everything in the game multiple time its same as saying "We don't want the veteran playerbase anymore, from now we cater only new players!".

seriously, who's bright idea was not to retroactively count everyone's achievements and history in the game like when legacy system came out? For me and I'm sure many others this is just an utter joke.

Bottom line,

As big fan and supporter of Bioware and SWTOR I just ask you, be honest.

you don't want us here? just ask - no need for all of those insulting actions and choices you make along the way.

its disrespectful toward us as players and lesser you as gaming company.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

Make it retroactive or completely scrap it; make better rewards for endgame (or lategame) PvE and PvP - that is the way to go. Even better: Focus on actual content instead of rehashing old content. I know you're strapped for resources, but this isn't the way to go.

Please BW, stop losing players!

Make it retroactive and permanent event.

You can't just ask old players to make ALL the stuff again in that short amount of time ...

In the 'open letter to the players' you said that you were gamers too ...

Are you? Are you really gamers? Did you even play sometime swtor?

Edited by leoprietobombero

Not been here from day one, but been here long enough, You don't represent me.

I too am a little disappointed in the DS/LS event as it is for the most part very unfriendly towards solo players. Other than that, I have no issue with it. Sure won't complete it as nothing is ever going to get me to group again. Still KotFE was more for my play style so disappointed in DS/LS yes, but cannot over complain about it. Nothing BW puts out will be to everyone's liking.

Sub since release here: if you don't want to participate, don't. You're just sounding like a barely coherent whiner (which is better than most of the one line thread starters here that happen after just about every announcement here - so props). What exactly is wrong with the new event? Because it is not specifically targeting you you feel like quitting? How is that mature? We didn't even know about this event until a few weeks ago, it is not "the only thing that's gonna happen" for the next several months at least and it might be good for making people more invested in the game and their characters - good things for us in the long run. Nothing is being taken away from you personally.

Being new here, I'll cut you some slack because you seem scared and worried...NOBODY speaks for you, they only speak for themselves. Stating the obvious isn't necessary. Nobody but you was confused or scared over who he spoke for.

I too am a little disappointed in the DS/LS event as it is for the most part very unfriendly towards solo players. Other than that, I have no issue with it. Sure won't complete it as nothing is ever going to get me to group again. Still KotFE was more for my play style so disappointed in DS/LS yes, but cannot over complain about it. Nothing BW puts out will be to everyone's liking.

Player A: BioWare is making the game too much of a single player

Player B: BioWare is motivating people to play group content

Today was really a good day to drink and read forums, it is much more hilarious than usually

Of course everything Bioware releases won't be to everyone's liking, but its like they took that saying and ran with it.

Their only targeting one type of player with this event, and its those players who move onto video games after video games shortly after a new release, playing the new kewl kids game and moving on. Their leaving behind their veterans, their loyal players who stuck with the good and the bad in the dust for people who would turn their back and go to the next game with the best graphics. They should create content that gives a mututal feeling toward one another, one that sparks "not my cup of tea, not bad, but not good, and I understand if everyone likes it."

Totally agree with the OP, but the only way to make a point to bioware is to create an organized and LARGE strike.

A virtual walkout of subscribers going F2P together, unified, and vocal about why the movement is happening and what BW can do to end it.

This is just another corp that does whatever it can get away with for profit, money is the only language they'll ever understand, and a "player's union" for lack of a better term, is the only way we'll get the changes we want.

"We don't want the veteran playerbase anymore, from now we cater only new players!".

It became clear way before new event - right at KotFE release. This event is just a BIG RED confirmation. ;)

:jawa_frown:

I think I can represent the "Veteran Crowd" of the playerbase in spirit.

I take it by 'Veteran Crowd' you mean elitist end gamers?

I've been here since launch, levelled up 19 characters to 65 the long way and have a few more 65s from the short 60 token route.

I've been through most of the Flashpoints but don't have the time, inclination or apparently skill to bother with OPs.

I was dragged back to an MMO because I like Star Wars and Bioware storytelling.

I represent those that enjoy the story focus and solo player experience.

The aim of the event is to get players to go back and bolster the numbers during the leaner summer months and over the gap between season 1 and 2.

If you want the Legendary title and mount you'll jump through the needed hoops. If most choose not to at least those few that do will have a truly exclusive boast ;)

At worst Eternal level looks pretty easy to get done over a few months for the new companion. Although to be honest I'd rather they left out the server wide contest and just reward you if you get to darkside V and/or lightside V.

In the 'open letter to the players' you said that you were gamers too ...

Are you? Are you really gamers? Did you even play sometime swtor?

Sure, they're really gamers. Just like every politician is "one of [us]".

Never understand why people have to throw or merge everyone into a single crowd all because of a bad rep with a few idiots. Even if it was a large majority of the veteran crowd was like this, you shouldn't merge them all in their and give people the benefit of the doubt, and theirs already a entire category reserved for them.

I think it just means "players who've already been here a long time and done all this stuff many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times".

I spruced up your statement a bit Max...I hope you don't mind.

oh no not at all, I must apologize as english is not my native language and sometimes I do not explain what I meeant properly.

I just meant all those of us which were here since launch at 2012 and pretty much did everything but stuck around to support the game even through the bad times.

Also I find this event offensive because it was supposed to be the big summer activity post chapter 16 of KOTFE. Instead like the heroics it grinding same thing over and over for no reason. if it was retroactive and acknowledging everything we did until now I might even tried to make new characters to support dark side in this contest but instead I just lost heart looking at this thinking I'll need to replay all 8 classes again.

I believe I'm not alone just skim through reddit and dulfy even page and you will see many others agree with me.

I feel for the OP completely. This is not an "event" and that is where the real issue of the matter is. One in which Bioware has completely and utterly misused the word. Once they used the word "event" anyone would logically think it was actually something new added to the game to cycle into the mix of static but revolving events. for example the plague or gree "EVENTs"

It is not a surprise nor a shock to me that the new "pile of !@#$ EVENT" is what it is. just recycling old content with new achievements. It has become a recurring development cycle of SWTOR for a while now.

Sadly the rabid defenders such as those that are even within this post will ignore it, deny it or just plain praise BW for a fantastic job done right. But all this "event" really is...... is

SWTOR Maintenance Mode aka "EVENT"

My question is only this.

Bioware do you really think its fun for old players (your customers) to play ALL that content and activties AGAIN just for event that lasts around 4 months or so? Do you think its fun for old players?

What did I miss? Is there some event with a reward for maxing out a character from each class, that doesn't take into account characters already maxed out before the event started?

The "Alliance Hero" portion of the Legendary level of rewards requires you to play new "light side/dark side" characters for all eight classes and level all eight to level 50. Per Dulfy:

"To complete the objective “The Story Continues”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and gain enough experience to gain Character level 50 with all eight Classes. In order to reach level 50, you simply need to play almost any part of Star Wars: The Old Republic. This includes Missions, Warzones, Flashpoints, and more! To track your progress, simply look at your character’s current level, listed next to your portrait. You must have one level 50 of each of the following eight Classes:

Jedi Knight

Jedi Consular

Smuggler

Trooper

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

Imperial Agent

Bounty Hunter

Once all eight Classes among your Characters have reached level 50, you will receive the Achievement “Dark vs. Light: Alliance Hero” to note that you have completed this objective."