Oricon loot tables - problems and suggestion

There is literally not one reason for Nefra to have a chance to drop an implant. Every person in the operations group needs two and, assuming no roster changes and average luck, it will take 32 weeks for every person in this example group to get two implants.

It was this way during the PTS and I was hopeful that it would have been fixed by live, but these loot tables are completely unacceptable and the implant situation is the worst of it. Nobody in DNT enjoyed the aspects of the dread guard tier where Kephess and TFB had a chance to drop an item they wanted.

I recognize there are 12 gear drops and only 10 bosses in this tier. The obvious solution instead of giving the entry bosses 50% chance drops is to give the final bosses two tier drops. This removes RNG from the equation and is honestly much more fair than the current situation.

Is it really Bioware's intent that an operations group do a single instance in hard mode for almost an entire year to get geared out? Do they think it's compelling at all to have players cross their fingers and hope they don't get a belt?

I suggest Bioware remove the implant and ear from Nefra and Bestia and put them on the loot table for the final bosses of their respective operations - Brontes and the Dread Masters.

Edited by FridgeLM

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm suggesting shouldn't take away from your point, but I hope it helps.

Some classes have perfectly fine implants available. For example, sorc healers can get power/surge (though no power/acc for dps). Just take stalk of what classes have good implants and which have bad, and prioritize your raid team from there.

I agree it's silly it takes that long.

Yes, people need 2 implants. But the people who need 2 Dread Forged Implants are the tanks, because we're stuck with Accuracy/Absorb, which is stupid. DPS and Healers can grab Oriconian, sure it's not as good as Dread Forged but it's still a heavy upgrade.

Oriconian implants have less power than my kell dragon. They're not anywhere approaching a heavy upgrade.

This is not a thread for suggestions about how to compensate for a bad decision by whoever drew up the loot tables. This is a petition to change the loot tables.

Fridge is right, and I fully support his suggestion. He's not asking for it to be easier; on the contrary, he's asking for it to be more difficult because you have to actually kill the final boss instead of killing the easy first boss and having a shot at it.

He's simply asking for it to be more reliable, which I completely agree with.

I disagree with Fridge and here is why.

Regardless of whether you guarantee the loot or not, because you need two implants you are still talking about 16 weeks of farming a boss. I've been a Ops Leader since the launch of this game and their continuation of messing with progression times is very frustrating. We all know this of course, and ultimately after the bosses have been cleared attrition in our Ops groups begins to occur as people lose interest in killing the same bosses over and over again. If you leave the Implants and Ear pieces at the early part of the instance at least we don't have to play for hours on end to try and get it. However, I do agree with Fridge that something has to change and ASAP!

Back in the early days of this game I actually think Bioware had a better handle on Earpieces/Implants/Relics. In the Pre 2.0 days all three of these pieces were found in their raid forms, Rakata at the time. Of course at that time there were only 9 bosses so the loot was easy to distribute and it essentially required players to grind dailies in order to purchase all the necessary raid pieces. While the idea of doing non-ops content tends to turn some people of, especially when being rewarded for with ops level gear, I can see how this may be a necessary evil in this game. We already have to grind gear for a certain period of time in order to achieve Best In Slot at least a plan can be made appropriately within the ops group and their is essentially a light at the end of the tunnel. This current plan doesn't work.

I would propose that the implants and ear pieces can be achieved in one of two ways.

Ultimate Comm's: Because quite frankly what else are these used for outside of a few mods or for gearing up alts.

-or-

HM Flashpoints: Bioware wants to increase the relevance of HM flashpoints for end game raiders, here is how you would do it.

Personally I think the Ultimate Comm's method would encourage the use of group finder and doing older legacy content for the purposes of earning gear necessary for the higher tiers.

Implants could cost 250 or 300 Ultimate comms easily and I would still work towards them daily. This keeps me active and prevents attrition outside of the Unnecessary gear farming they have in the current end game environment.

We don't actually disagree, you're just offering a different suggestion.

I wouldn't be fundamentally opposed to buying BIS implants/ears with a ludicrous amount of comms, but I would be opposed to them just dropping in flashpoints or being made to to dailies for them.

We don't actually disagree, you're just offering a different suggestion.

I wouldn't be fundamentally opposed to buying BIS implants/ears with a ludicrous amount of comms, but I would be opposed to them just dropping in flashpoints or being made to to dailies for them.

True I just don't agree with putting those drops on the final boss of an instance, because I absolutely don't want to kill all the bosses 16 times. With NiM and HM sharing the same lockouts I can't even adequately farm the HM and still try to progress in NiM.

All in All we need to get as much BW attention to this as possible!

Honestly why not have two drops for implants and relics? Everyone needs two. I cannot think of a single good reason to not adjust the loot tables so that an extra implant and an extra relic drop. 10 bosses and 14 slots. Why not have the last 2 bosses in each place drop an extra item?

Honestly why not have two drops for implants and relics? Everyone needs two. I cannot think of a single good reason to not adjust the loot tables so that an extra implant and an extra relic drop. 10 bosses and 14 slots. Why not have the last 2 bosses in each place drop an extra item?

If memory serves, Kephess in EC dropped two helms. Should go back to that, or keep the current boss at 50/50 and guarantee the implant on the last boss for at least 1 a week, shot at 2.

There are a few solutions to this I think, but you won't convince me that the current way it's set up isn't a problem. I don't care enough to make a big huff, however, if Bioware holds true to what they said about new content patches every 9 (8?) weeks. I'll just be excited Nightmare is out.

Here's what frustrates me more than anything......our group kills a few bosses in DF on HM and got the belt off the first boss. Then next day we go and kill 1st boss in DP and she also drops......wait for it.... a BELT. What kind of garbage is that? Belt has a chance to drop off TWO bosses? What a huge waste for our group to get two of the SAME item that does not help our gear progression.

We also had a belt drop off the first boss in both zones. Keeping the system as it is will be very very dumb on biowares part. I posted about this weeks ago and i doubt they will lisen now but who knows. Please fix this give us at least 1 implant a week for sure.

Remove Belt/Bracer drops entirely imo since the comm versions are literally the same thing. Then there are only 10 item drops we need and wouldn't you know it, that's how many bosses we have!

This seems completely reasonable.

Remove Belt/Bracer drops entirely imo since the comm versions are literally the same thing. Then there are only 10 item drops we need and wouldn't you know it, that's how many bosses we have!

Nope, please leave belt\bracers as to let tanks get unlettered mods since our comm items suck.

The simple fact that it can take 20 - 30 weeks for an ops group to achieve BiS is ridiculous. The drop rate of implants has to be increased pronto. The new gear tier with 2 less bosses is the problem. If Bioware can't give us the required content to fit the previous 2.0 Op loot tables, then the loot tables MUST change.