Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Lheim

target of target.

What is the actual game usage for that......can someone please tell me

You could use this in a flashpoint or operation, so that you can always target the same enemy as your tank. In this way you're sure that focus fire is taking place and you won't be pulling agro on the 'wrong' enemy.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Target of Target is a must for me, as my lvl 50 is a Sith Juggeranut tank. I have my UI set up so that it is right inbetween my hotbars. I know precisely when my enemy loses arrgo or switches to the healer. Then I just pop intercede/taunt and go back to tanking away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, excellent work - maybe you can add these to the front page:

* ctrl-left-click any armor: previews any armor from a vendor, from inventory et al. You might have to keep the preview window open when switching to a companion preview, the view might not update. Then you need to ctrl-left-click again. You can even preview armor that's above your class (preview heavy armor on an Inquisitor for example). But beware to not ctrl-right-click by accident in a vendor window or you'll buy it ;-)

* advertising missions lfm/lfg in chat: go to the chat window, start typing then shift-left-lick on a mission item that's visible to the right on your Mission Tracker. You can continue writing or add other misison. When you press enter, you'll get the fancy requests in orange. They are also clickable in the chat window and show further information (level, ...)

* advertising items in chat: same as advertising missions, but you have to have your inventory open and shift-left-click on an inventory item.

* walk/run lock: hit the Num Lock key on your keyboard and your character will keep moving straight ahead automatically, no need to hold down the A key. But you still have to steer left/right so your mileage may vary depending on terrain. Hit Num Lock again to stop this. In my case the function is also bound automatically to my 5th Logitech mouse button.

I just wonder why stuff like that is not in the manual :D

Regards

Markus

• 2 months later...
Miscellaneous

• The GTN terminals on the fleets are faction specific, but the one on Nar Shadaa can be browsed by any character.

this was changed awhile ago. GTN is no longer faction specific. all terminals no matter what their location show items put up by toons on both factions.

this was changed awhile ago. GTN is no longer faction specific. all terminals no matter what their location show items put up by toons on both factions.

In general, necroing old threads is problematic (and against this site's forum policy). If you see an old thread and think it has useful information, the best thing is to just make a new thread about the same topic, rather than bumping a months-old thread with possibly inaccurate information.

I agree, but 46 pages of tips is hard to reproduce. And specially now, with so many new people around... Some web site admin somewhere should take this whole pile and make a decent article out of it. For the stuff I read through it, most of it still applies. And I know some newbie players (my brother, for example) that could use the info. :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but escaping out of convos in order to choose new dialogue paths seems to negate your ability to get comp affection or light / dark side points. The comp affection tab will still show the + or - affection during the convo, but the points don't seem to actually be rewarded following the convo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've noticed this a couple of times when I wanted to go back and change my choices.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but escaping out of convos in order to choose new dialogue paths seems to negate your ability to get comp affection or light / dark side points. The comp affection tab will still show the + or - affection during the convo, but the points don't seem to actually be rewarded following the convo.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've noticed this a couple of times when I wanted to go back and change my choices.

all the LD/DS companion affection gains are summed up and awarded when you finish the whole quest and not right after the convo.

all the LD/DS companion affection gains are summed up and awarded when you finish the whole quest and not right after the convo.

Awesome! I just know that when you escape out of a convo and then finish said convo, you don't see the "you gained xxx points with xxx" in the game chat, so I was wondering.

Here is a newer tip : did you know you can buy many of the legacy unlocks for your ship with cartel coins? And it is quite affordable? And they apply to ALL YOUR TOONS.

If you open your legacy unlocks, lets say the mailbox for your ship, click on it, it will offer you to buy it for XXXXXXX credits or use cartel coins. These unlocks apply to all your toons (I have 8) so quite a bit of savings vs the credit cost. With the free cartel coins I get as a sub I purchased repair bot, mailbox and boost boots for all my toons. I am planning to get the GTN terminal on board with my next set of free coins (I am sub). Still haven't spent any money to buy a cartel coin so far. :)

Compared to floating chairs and pets, this seems to me one of the best uses for the cartel coins. Having these items on your ship will save you hours of travel to the fleet and planets jut to use mailboxes, etc.

[*]The GTN terminals on the fleets are faction specific, but the one on Nar Shadaa can be browsed by any character.

[*]There are 3 datacrons on the starter worlds, and five on each beyond that. Datacrons are hidden objects which give stat boosts.

The first one is no longer true - all the GTN terminals are cross faction now as I understand it.

The second is mostly true. Quesh only has 3 datacrons, but Corellia has 7.

Easy early XP points available (Republic not so sure of Empire): -

Explore everywhere, points given during exploration and additional points given revealing the whole map.

There is always a 'quest' giver who will send you to find your trainer (Usually near by)

Once on fleet after 1st planet, you will come across a quest giver to find your advanced class trainer.

The terminal nearby gives a quest to investigate crew skills, speak to all of them before completing quest it gives about 450xp each one.

Usually you may have grouped together to do a Heroic quest on the starter planet the terminal also gives a quest to obtain a social points coin on Courasant.

Indeed, we now only wait for BW to create a panel to change the size of the annoyingly clumpsy actionbars :)

You can change the size and position of all bars and icons in the UI editor. Click on the item you want to resize, then in its pop up box you can adjust the scale or disable it entirely. You can change the vertical side bars to horizontal also. I will get a screen shot when I'm back on my PC. It can really free up a bit of screen space that having more open action slots can obscure. Once you have a format you like you can use that format with any character by selecting its name. For example, my current favorite is named Karreck3 as that was the pc I edited, but all my chars have access to that same edited format.

• 1 year later...
so is there a specific channel on chat that is solely for RP..or one that can be used for one? me and a buddy want to do some RPing and all the regular channels are too busy for us to keep up with whats said.

There isn't a dedicated one. But there are a couple of things to do so you have one without the clutter.

When you group with your buddy you have a dedicated group channel. By default it's text is in a lavender/ purple color so it will stand out from the rest.

Now go up to the top of the chat box, you'll see a couple of tabs. Right click and create a new tab. Click on that tab then right click again to set the filters and choose the channels you want to see. You'll probably want to remove the general chat, but leave the group and system. You should be set to go.

Hopefully I didn't forget and/or miss anything there. have fun.