Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm done.

dylraycarp
10.10.2017 , 06:06 PM | #1
Alright Bioware, time and time again you've tried to get me to stop playing this game with one ****** patch after another. But I think im gonna have to finally call it quits this time. Nerfing one of the only classes in the game that was genuinely balanced while leaving things like Arsenal and Immortal untouched, not just that but then making it 10x harder to level another character with the change to the dailies why would anyone want to spend even more time leveling some fotm class with the now 75 cxp dailies. Sometimes I wonder why this great game died, then patches like this answer that question for me.

Toraak
10.10.2017 , 06:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by dylraycarp View Post
Alright Bioware, time and time again you've tried to get me to stop playing this game with one ****** patch after another. But I think im gonna have to finally call it quits this time. Nerfing one of the only classes in the game that was genuinely balanced while leaving things like Arsenal and Immortal untouched, not just that but then making it 10x harder to level another character with the change to the dailies why would anyone want to spend even more time leveling some fotm class with the now 75 cxp dailies. Sometimes I wonder why this great game died, then patches like this answer that question for me.

Because there are easier ways to level a character through GC then dailies currently. (and the bug that they just fixed needed to be fixed, Dailies gave more then Ops tokens). Do PvP, GSF, Operations. Plenty of ways to get easy CXP if you need it. heck I have 11 Rank 300 characters (3 of which were from the dailies). So it's not that hard to rank up a character.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Decidion
10.10.2017 , 07:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Because there are easier ways to level a character through GC then dailies currently. (and the bug that they just fixed needed to be fixed, Dailies gave more then Ops tokens). Do PvP, GSF, Operations. Plenty of ways to get easy CXP if you need it. heck I have 11 Rank 300 characters (3 of which were from the dailies). So it's not that hard to rank up a character.
That doesn't justify the deception nerf though. That nerf is typical bioware overkill. Maybe it needed to be toned down a bit, but bioware only knows extremes. Either make people really happy or super pissed, and its been the latter far more often lately.

Toraak
10.10.2017 , 07:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
That doesn't justify the deception nerf though. That nerf is typical bioware overkill. Maybe it needed to be toned down a bit, but bioware only knows extremes. Either make people really happy or super pissed, and its been the latter far more often lately.
Almost every class got nerfed however, not just that spec, We all just deal with it. (I had all 3 of my raid characters nerfed as of today. Sniper, Healing sorc, healing Merc). If I had to guess (and that is all this is), I'd say they did it so when they bring out the NiM bosses for Gods of the machine they'll bring out 254 gear. That's why I think they nerfed almost 3/4 of the specs.

Every MMO has Nerfs/buffs come out (this game is slower then most for those), but most MMO players learn to adapt, and learn the new class.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Threjyan
10.11.2017 , 07:19 AM | #5
i sometimes read stuff on forums that make me think if people just want to vent.

1 - utilities are going to start to be adressed in upcoming patches.
2 - i would say deception sin was in a good place before the nerf, but the nerf certainly didnt kill the spec, and in fact it was brought in line (for good or bad) with what they adressed. fury and carnage are in much more need of balancing.
3 - can i have your stuff?
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

nyrkverse
10.11.2017 , 09:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Threjyan View Post
2 - i would say deception sin was in a good place before the nerf, but the nerf certainly didnt kill the spec, and in fact it was brought in line (for good or bad) with what they adressed. fury and carnage are in much more need of balancing.
Except they were just "balanced" and yet here we are. I think a certain amount of frustration from deception players (and anni players for that matter) is entirely justified.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Threjyan
10.11.2017 , 09:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
Except they were just "balanced" and yet here we are. I think a certain amount of frustration from deception players (and anni players for that matter) is entirely justified.
hey im totally with you on that point - but - the doom sayers usually speak of how useless the class is and how its not capable of performing at higher lvls, which i dont agree - im pretty sure deception sin is capable of performing like 99% of content in this game - other classes can be overpowered?some yes but there are definitly worse classes - it has always been like this since 1.0.

the fact is that people have a bad time when BW touches their classes, but that is usually the product of people only playing one class.

heck i use to do that from when i started to play the game until the end of 3.0 fixing only on mara and sentinel, after that i starting to play other classes and i have lots of fun doing it - and the positive thing is that it brought me versatility to play other roles and see the game thru diferent eyes.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

Kirtastropohe
10.11.2017 , 09:45 AM | #8
I think the nerf for deception hurts for PvE, but my first love is the PvP so that's really where I want to speak, and these nerfs are way too much. No matter what BW currently has the game being, the infiltration shadow was designed as a glass cannon...a powerful bursty class that, if played well, could decimate an opponent, but it's also a class that had no chance in a sustained fight... that was the design. Over the years, they have upped the damage, defenses, and mobility of the other classes, thus removing our burstiness and ability for quick kills, yet we shadows still have our inherent disadvantages, which they haven't addressed, and in fact exacerbated. They finally killed us in 5.5.

nyrkverse
10.11.2017 , 12:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Threjyan View Post
hey im totally with you on that point - but - the doom sayers usually speak of how useless the class is and how its not capable of performing at higher lvls, which i dont agree - im pretty sure deception sin is capable of performing like 99% of content in this game - other classes can be overpowered?some yes but there are definitly worse classes - it has always been like this since 1.0.

the fact is that people have a bad time when BW touches their classes, but that is usually the product of people only playing one class.

heck i use to do that from when i started to play the game until the end of 3.0 fixing only on mara and sentinel, after that i starting to play other classes and i have lots of fun doing it - and the positive thing is that it brought me versatility to play other roles and see the game thru diferent eyes.
oh I agree, we could do with a lot less doomsaying, all around. All it ever does is getting in the way of legitimate criticisms and concerns.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

TheDramaKing
10.12.2017 , 12:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
I think the nerf for deception hurts for PvE, but my first love is the PvP so that's really where I want to speak, and these nerfs are way too much. No matter what BW currently has the game being, the infiltration shadow was designed as a glass cannon...a powerful bursty class that, if played well, could decimate an opponent, but it's also a class that had no chance in a sustained fight... that was the design. Over the years, they have upped the damage, defenses, and mobility of the other classes, thus removing our burstiness and ability for quick kills, yet we shadows still have our inherent disadvantages, which they haven't addressed, and in fact exacerbated. They finally killed us in 5.5.
Totally agree.
Btw, if you guys want numbers for pve.
I can say I mastered Deception in pve and where I used to parse 10500 on average, now I do 9600.
Even worse, 1k less in ops (which is a lot different than a dummy) is HUGE.