Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow/Assassin nerf 5.5 (petition)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shadow/Assassin nerf 5.5 (petition)

Armagius
10.10.2017 , 04:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PrometheanDeath View Post
After quite a few parses (Roughly 20) today I'm getting about 400 dps loss. Not sure how you lost 1K, but clearly you were on the end of bad rng due to surging charge procs and low rolling damage. about 9.3 as my low and 9.8 as my highest.
8.8K lowest and 9.55K dps highest so far. Gotta do 10 more...

Berlain
10.10.2017 , 04:17 PM | #12
what you running as far as stats? Mastery, power, Alac, crit #'s ?

Armagius
10.10.2017 , 04:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Berlain View Post
what you running as far as stats? Mastery, power, Alac, crit #'s ?
recommended best 248er according Bant resp. same as these: https://torcommunity.com/guides/clas...ssin/deception

Decidion
10.10.2017 , 06:48 PM | #14
Ok, well I just now managed a 9982 DPS parse, but that is certainly the exception. The more parses I do the more the curve smoothes out and I'd say my original avg 1000 DPS loss is closer to about avg 750-800 loss, still pretty significant.

Decidion
10.10.2017 , 06:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Armagius View Post
recommended best 248er according Bant resp. same as these: https://torcommunity.com/guides/clas...ssin/deception
Yeah I don't see how you can achieve those 248 stats he lists. His numbers give you power that is too low and either crit or alacrity too high, depending on your gear setup. With no power and mostly crit augs, I can get to the 1800 crit, but my alacrity is closer to 1400 and my power is about 4000. That is with the standard mods & enhancements that come with 248 gear. Any other mods enhancements drop the power, but give you endurance, not more crit/alacrity.

Hellhog
10.11.2017 , 03:02 AM | #16
Only did a handful of parses once I hit full 248 back in 5.2 but they almost always averaged out to 10k. Did 2 parses earlier today. Both were 9630. Assuming that small sample size is my new average, I've lost about 400 dps aka no big deal. I've seen a similar dps difference on some boss fights just because one kill I had no assailable or beat down debuffs provided and the next kill I did. So just like when the nerf was announced, I'm completely indifferent to it.
Ayix - Assassin | Ayiq - Mercenary
Twitch - Aeyix - YouTube
All MM/VM Bosses & Timed Runs Cleared

Exocor
10.11.2017 , 03:19 AM | #17
I think, compared to Serenity/Hatred, Infiltration/Deception is quite good balanced. However, the melee-burst-category is a bit out of balance (espacially combat/carnage, also Concealment and AP/Tactics in the long term). I think, we more have compare it with focus/rage, that are on a quite similar level.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Threjyan
10.11.2017 , 07:13 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Armagius View Post
take those stats with a grain of salt.

look at the example of fury/concentration - after the changes, doesnt gear up exactly like bant posted, and in fact a high alacrity build (aparently) is currently nr2 on parsely - so those numbers may be not the optimal ones atm. that was for previous builds, but now that has changed.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

supertimtaf
10.11.2017 , 09:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Threjyan View Post
take those stats with a grain of salt.

look at the example of fury/concentration - after the changes, doesnt gear up exactly like bant posted, and in fact a high alacrity build (aparently) is currently nr2 on parsely - so those numbers may be not the optimal ones atm. that was for previous builds, but now that has changed.
We'll have to wait and test a bit longer before assuming that the high alac build is better for Deception. It can helps in terms of apm, but the lack of crit somewhat balance this, especially after seeing how much our surge on Discharge and other ability got nerfed, I wouldn't expect some miracles from this build. I'll run some test though, it is worth trying.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

SaeGio
11.05.2017 , 12:58 PM | #20
yup the nerf was needed but it ended up being over the top.

Top parse went down from 10.3k to 10k, so only a loss of 300dps

However that 10k was an exception. Usually I parsed around 9.8k so it's more like loss of 500dps

Given that deception is extremely random you might as well and up doing 9.2k doing the exact same thing.