Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow/Assassin nerf 5.5 (petition)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shadow/Assassin nerf 5.5 (petition)

Hoggan
10.02.2017 , 06:30 PM | #1
please react here Ty

WickedGonzo
10.08.2017 , 07:31 AM | #2
No .

Xargas
10.09.2017 , 08:37 AM | #3
Well, lets compromise, from a PvP stand point at least, if you gonna nerf damage of deception, add more survivability In other ways /signed

supertimtaf
10.09.2017 , 10:46 AM | #4
Well, no, even though I main a sin since my start on this game.
I said it on another older post, but you have more chances to actually get hired at BW on the class balance department than to actually make a functionnal petition about class balance... Also, maybe do it sooner next time, there is no possible way that a company can change a Game Update less than a day before its launch, especially when you see how few funds BW actually has to make this game function.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

ufarax
10.09.2017 , 11:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
Well, lets compromise, from a PvP stand point at least, if you gonna nerf damage of deception, add more survivability In other ways /signed
I said it before, I will say it again....why does BioWare cater to the non-existent PVP community? We have less than 5% of players, driving the nerf mobile.

Kirtastropohe
10.09.2017 , 12:22 PM | #6
I would suspect the nerf was based more on PvE as opposed to PvP. It's all about that magical "overperforming" DPS metric they use, and PvP doesn't allow a constant rotation upon which to base that parsing type information.

KendraP
10.09.2017 , 12:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
I said it before, I will say it again....why does BioWare cater to the non-existent PVP community? We have less than 5% of players, driving the nerf mobile.
I do both pve and pvp but it seems all the nerfs weren't wanted by anyone. The PvP community was asking for a nerf to merc defensives and instead they nerfed their dps, for example. Now it continues for most classes.

Personally I think it has to do with their target numbers that we don't know, this is what we get when they give new gear tiers without increasing content difficulty I suppose.

Decidion
10.10.2017 , 03:22 PM | #8
So in parsing today (did a little more than a dozen parses, which I admit is not a whole lot), I am seeing an average of about a 1000DPS loss in a mostly 248 geared deception assassin. I now compete pretty evenly with my 240-242 ranged toons and considerably less than my other 246 geared melee classes. This is a pretty major hit, far more than what was needed IMO.

PrometheanDeath
10.10.2017 , 04:01 PM | #9
After quite a few parses (Roughly 20) today I'm getting about 400 dps loss. Not sure how you lost 1K, but clearly you were on the end of bad rng due to surging charge procs and low rolling damage. about 9.3 as my low and 9.8 as my highest.

Armagius
10.10.2017 , 04:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
So in parsing today (did a little more than a dozen parses, which I admit is not a whole lot), I am seeing an average of about a 1000DPS loss in a mostly 248 geared deception assassin. I now compete pretty evenly with my 240-242 ranged toons and considerably less than my other 246 geared melee classes. This is a pretty major hit, far more than what was needed IMO.
No "adjustment" aka nerf was needed.

The Assassin only commited one Sin (love the wording): Assassin abilities stack nicely with group and single target buffs from other classes in PvE content.

So far in tests: 800 - 1K dps decrease - yay.