Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception nerf next?

BraverDre
09.24.2017 , 02:46 AM | #1
I feel like deception will get nerfed since its burst dps is higher than range sustained dps specs. What do u guys think?

Equeliber
09.24.2017 , 02:55 AM | #2
Same could be said about Fury marauder. It's quite messy at the moment, to be honest.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 03:17 AM | #3
They just gave Fury a buff so No. They won't do anything.

AdjeYo
09.24.2017 , 05:27 AM | #4
It's a possibility, it seems Deception is parsing somewhat high. I just hope that if they decide to touch on Deception, they do so in a fair way, because Bioware seems to have a knack for nerfing Sin dps through the ground.

DavidAtkinson
09.24.2017 , 06:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
It's a possibility, it seems Deception is parsing somewhat high. I just hope that if they decide to touch on Deception, they do so in a fair way, because Bioware seems to have a knack for nerfing Sin dps through the ground.
That will just piff off more people as they will be in even worse spot vs snipers and mercs than before and will cause more people to leave the game. And rightly so.

AdjeYo
09.24.2017 , 10:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
That will just piff off more people as they will be in even worse spot vs snipers and mercs than before and will cause more people to leave the game. And rightly so.
Well I'm not saying they should nerf Deception, but it is a very real possibility that they will is all I'm saying

supertimtaf
09.24.2017 , 11:05 AM | #7
Well I'm not saying they should nerf Deception, but it is a very real possibility that they will is all I'm saying
Problem with Deception currently is that it can parse quite high, indeed, but it can also parse pretty low depending on your Surging Charge. Nerfing it's damage output would only make it worse in terms of RNG, which we don't want to happen because it could very well become unplayable. :/
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

AdjeYo
09.24.2017 , 11:22 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Problem with Deception currently is that it can parse quite high, indeed, but it can also parse pretty low depending on your Surging Charge. Nerfing it's damage output would only make it worse in terms of RNG, which we don't want to happen because it could very well become unplayable. :/
Surging Charge has a proc chance of 50%, giving Voltaic Slash a 75% chance to proc it, that's hardly the crippling RNG the spec used to suffer from earlier on. Deception is pretty consistent in my experience.

supertimtaf
09.24.2017 , 12:38 PM | #9
Surging Charge has a proc chance of 50%, giving Voltaic Slash a 75% chance to proc it, that's hardly the crippling RNG the spec used to suffer from earlier on. Deception is pretty consistent in my experience.
It depends the player and the situation tbh ^^
Last raid I've played, I nearly didn't have any surging charge proc for the whole Nefra fight except with Ball Lightning. It lowered my dps by a lot, I was around 800 dps behind my mates because of it. Most of the fight on Parsely can reflect it too, you can see there is a wide range of dps on certain boss... But we'll see anyway. Since most of the game seems to be nerfed, I won't be mad about it... I think I'll just switch to GW2, I heard their new expansion was quite interesting.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Threjyan
09.25.2017 , 04:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
They just gave Fury a buff so No. They won't do anything.

i tend to agree they wont touch deception sin. they also said that 5.5 would mark the end of dpsd adjustments, and would start working on utilities - so i doubt they will touch in that class until 10th of october.

only if they touch the free cast of discharge with phantom stride utility point

it seems to be in a real good position atm deception sins for pvp and pve.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..