Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

i fail to see the reason.


Atma's Avatar


Atma
10.03.2017 , 08:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Pretty over simplification you can be a casual player and still get pissed when they implement things that are just plain stupid like this gear grind for one! I'm sorry I like most causal players are paying for a game that is suppose to be fun and entertaining to be served up lame or regurgitated content does little to inspire me. Examples of lame content : Space sim it's so bad it gets beat out by the 1997 xwing vs tie fighter space sim a game mind you that is 20 years old it by far is more enjoyable then what we were given. Hell star wars galaxies space sim could run circles around this so called space sim.
Next, the crafting system which should be rename the Replicating of stock lame items system. In this system everyone who gets a schematic can reproduce well the exact same thing as everyone else who has the schematic. There's nothing unique you can't create cool looking stuff that people actually want to buy because it looks cool or has better stats nope your stuck reproducing the same UGLY crap as the next guys i'm sorry this is lame. This so called content is merely advertising gimmicks designed to poach other MMO players into trying the game.
Other examples of lame content the recent Iokath expansion open world pvp that lacks well open world PVP . Seriously it's a complete joke l have yet to see ANYONE in here for open world PVP. I think i've manage to kill two peeps who were there farming crafting materials! (Really you wasted money on creating this!)
Lastly and this is what urks me the most a completely unbalanced class system. I mean this doesn't even have a remote semblance of balance (it's like Bioware fails to grasp the whole trinity concept ) So maybe just maybe the reason people are getting irritated and are reacting like they are is they are fed up of seeing their hard earned cash being wasted on things they either didn't ask for (gear grind) or for things that were promised and yet to deliver! (The whole point of the utility system was because it was suppose to stream line the balancing of classes yet it seems to take far longer. )
Now your argument might hold some merit if people weren't paying for the product, but that's not the case for most of us especially for those of us that don't have any real interest in the PVE side of things just tend to focus on the PVP side we have a choice you either subscribe or don't play because there's really no point in doing the 5 missions you get for the WEEK at that point you just throw the towel and go look for a MMO worth your time.
You proved his point with this post haha

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
10.04.2017 , 03:16 PM | #12
Well lets put things into perspective, I don't see the reason for this nerf, Shadow/Assassins probably have one of the worst survivabilities out of the all classes, and yet Bioware decides to degrade us even further by removing our DPS damage? Our stealth is easily broken if hit by a AOE bubble, and now we have to endure the pain that this class no longer has any value or merit to it.

Meanwhile commandos/mercs still have great survivability and are very hard to kill and can deliver quite the DPS blow.

sniper's/gunslingers are prone to damage and can literally dash out of harms way at any time, making it difficult for melee classes to range in on them.

Healers are also hard to kill one on one.

Guardians/Juggs can survive just about anything, even the tanks can deliver quite the dps blow
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
10.04.2017 , 04:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Healers are also hard to kill one on one.

Guardians/Juggs can survive just about anything, even the tanks can deliver quite the dps blow
I know next to nothing about shadows so I'm not going to comment there.

Mercs and snipers still have godly survivability because of the whole "we're not messing with utilities yet" thing. They did nerf the damage and based on my experience in PvP since the nerf it is noticeable. Yes the high survivability and dodge on snipers is particularly annoying to melee. If their primary means if defense was avoiding damage I wouldn't mine. But a merc can face tank for quite a while.

Also if a healer couldn't heal himself through 1 reasonable person wailing on him, what exactly would be the point if being a healer?

Now dps guardians have awesome survivability? Do you play a dps guardian? Because I did. And it was miserable. Focused first every time. Swapped to skanking much less annoying. Does skanking do to much damage? Arguably so. But so long as dps guardians get squashed in seconds like a bug and my tank gear doesn't help me, skanking is the best way for my guardian to contribute to my team.

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.04.2017 , 05:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Well lets put things into perspective, I don't see the reason for this nerf, Shadow/Assassins probably have one of the worst survivabilities out of the all classes, and yet Bioware decides to degrade us even further by removing our DPS damage? Our stealth is easily broken if hit by a AOE bubble, and now we have to endure the pain that this class no longer has any value or merit to it.

Meanwhile commandos/mercs still have great survivability and are very hard to kill and can deliver quite the DPS blow.

sniper's/gunslingers are prone to damage and can literally dash out of harms way at any time, making it difficult for melee classes to range in on them.

Healers are also hard to kill one on one.

Guardians/Juggs can survive just about anything, even the tanks can deliver quite the dps blow
Well, it really depends honestly. As for Sniper/Merc, their reasoning for utilities being the last balance is wrong (it messed up merc healers numbers by a lot sadly). The dps nerf wouldn't be needed if they were correctly balanced in terms of damage taken. Again, I find it very strange that we've gone through 1.0 to 5.0 without any change to Arsenal burst potential. Same for sniper and marauder, everybody was fine when they were powerfull but squishy. But now, they must be weaker and more resistant ? It is quite strange, and we still don't have any form of justification as to why change this.

As for healers, don't worry it is normal that you cannot kill a healer by yourself. Any decent healers know how to resist to one dude. It has become more difficult for some class like sorcerer due to badly handled nerf, but it is still possible.

Honestly, Sins and Shadow where on the middle batch, along with dps Operative and good sorcerer/jugg for both damage taken and damage done.

Powertech is by far the worst in terms of damage taken, sorc and jugg are just a bit above it, but not far.

In terms of damage dealt and taken, Merc, snipers and marauders are on top for now due to the broken utility they got. Remove those specific utility and they go back to the middle of the batch along with the others.

With the upcoming nerfs, we'll see some change though. Sin will actually go down a lot due to the big nerf to their burst and overall damage. The main issue being that their toughness was somewhat due to their rapid damage, forcing opponents to use defensive ability, now with this gone they lose their main attribute. I expect them to go somewhere along dps jugg and powertech based on some personal calculations. Honestly, I would have been fine with Phasewalk (I still don't know why they removed it, it isn't exactly a spammable ability like Force Speed). Jugg will also go down a bit (for Vengeance, not so sure about Rage. I think the alacrity trick could also work for them and do wonder). Sorc will also get dragged down a little (dps nerf, huge deal for lightning). The same could apply to Operative, their sustained heal being reduced by a lot.

Overall, the next month doesn't seem good for the non-FOTM class. And I must say that I'm quite afraid of those utility changes. For now, feedback and clear discussion hasn't been their strong point, I'm expecting some screw up to this as well if they don't take the time to discuss it with actual players.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.04.2017 , 06:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I know next to nothing about shadows so I'm not going to comment there.

Mercs and snipers still have godly survivability because of the whole "we're not messing with utilities yet" thing. They did nerf the damage and based on my experience in PvP since the nerf it is noticeable. Yes the high survivability and dodge on snipers is particularly annoying to melee. If their primary means if defense was avoiding damage I wouldn't mine. But a merc can face tank for quite a while.

Also if a healer couldn't heal himself through 1 reasonable person wailing on him, what exactly would be the point if being a healer?

Now dps guardians have awesome survivability? Do you play a dps guardian? Because I did. And it was miserable. Focused first every time. Swapped to skanking much less annoying. Does skanking do to much damage? Arguably so. But so long as dps guardians get squashed in seconds like a bug and my tank gear doesn't help me, skanking is the best way for my guardian to contribute to my team.
Mercs dont really have godly survivability unless you give them their health by being a newb and attacking them (with direct single damage attacks) while they have their dcd active. Their survivability scales up dramatically based on how bad their opponent is.

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.05.2017 , 06:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Mercs dont really have godly survivability unless you give them their health by being a newb and attacking them (with direct single damage attacks) while they have their dcd active. Their survivability scales up dramatically based on how bad their opponent is.
This works for their reflect ability, indeed you can bypass it with a dot or aoe. It shouldn't be removed imo because it's a skill-based dcd.
As for trauma regulator and kolto surge, this doesn't apply. Trauma regulator will build stack anyway, whatever the type of damage is. Kolto Surge heals you to 70%, whatever damage you receive, except if you have 8players hitting you as hard as they can. This isn't a skill-based ability. It allows its user to freecast during an insane amount of time and is the problem with merc for now, resolve bar doesn't help that much, you will be able to burn one defensive and half, at best (because yeah, standing without attacking a guy that can kick your *ss isn't a smart move ), leaving you with another full life to deal with.

Again, you shouldn't have to be one of the best player around to be able to burn through every defensive ability of a «common» merc. ^^
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
10.05.2017 , 08:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
This works for their reflect ability, indeed you can bypass it with a dot or aoe. It shouldn't be removed imo because it's a skill-based dcd.
As for trauma regulator and kolto surge, this doesn't apply. Trauma regulator will build stack anyway, whatever the type of damage is. Kolto Surge heals you to 70%, whatever damage you receive, except if you have 8players hitting you as hard as they can. This isn't a skill-based ability. It allows its user to freecast during an insane amount of time and is the problem with merc for now, resolve bar doesn't help that much, you will be able to burn one defensive and half, at best (because yeah, standing without attacking a guy that can kick your *ss isn't a smart move ), leaving you with another full life to deal with.

Again, you shouldn't have to be one of the best player around to be able to burn through every defensive ability of a «common» merc. ^^
If a merc is low enough health to need to use trauma regulators or the reflect skill, and players use skill and dont attack, then the merc receives little to no heals from those skills, and will be forced to either heal themselves (therefore do no damage output and build up their hrat fast), OR use kolto overload WITH one of those skills and therefore waste one of them and only heal up to 70%, leaving them with no more dcds.

The opponents dictate how well those skills work. Same thing with many other skills that other classes have, like using CC on a sin with shroud up or a sniper with entrench up, etc.

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.06.2017 , 05:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
If a merc is low enough health to need to use trauma regulators or the reflect skill, and players use skill and dont attack, then the merc receives little to no heals from those skills, and will be forced to either heal themselves (therefore do no damage output and build up their hrat fast), OR use kolto overload WITH one of those skills and therefore waste one of them and only heal up to 70%, leaving them with no more dcds.

The opponents dictate how well those skills work. Same thing with many other skills that other classes have, like using CC on a sin with shroud up or a sniper with entrench up, etc.
I perfectly now how to dodge those defensive, the problem is more that you cannot stand blindly in front of a merc with his defensive up, waiting for them do disappear. Just for Energy Shield, you'll need at least a low slash and a whirlwind (full resolve bar, can be broken both by the merc or a teammate). A recommended option would be to use LoS, really difficult to do most of the time due to a net that cannot be shielded, endless slow...
The problem isn't not attacking him, it's «not being attacked». Standing in front of an opponent while not attacking has never been the smartest move ^^
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

mrwayn's Avatar


mrwayn
10.06.2017 , 06:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
As for trauma regulator and kolto surge, this doesn't apply. Trauma regulator will build stack anyway, whatever the type of damage is.
No, it won't. Trauma regs only build stacks on direct damage, dots and aoe won't build stacks. That's the reason why I almost never take trauma regs in pve, because you rarley build any stacks since most raidwide damage is aoe/dots.
What aoe/dots will do, is reducing the cooldown of energy shield (if the utility is taken), but they don't build stacks.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.06.2017 , 08:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
No, it won't. Trauma regs only build stacks on direct damage, dots and aoe won't build stacks. That's the reason why I almost never take trauma regs in pve, because you rarley build any stacks since most raidwide damage is aoe/dots.
What aoe/dots will do, is reducing the cooldown of energy shield (if the utility is taken), but they don't build stacks.
As for dot, I will believe you, however, I've seen multiples times stack build whenever I was hit by a shadow's lacerate, or a sniper's orbital strike... Although, it may be only for the initial hit (or for any specific proc like Ataru Strike)... I'll test this out !
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !