Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adrenal for dps sin, which one ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Adrenal for dps sin, which one ?

supertimtaf
09.05.2017 , 10:28 AM | #1
Hey there, I am now fully geared with the shiny 248 stuff, and I've been wondering which adrenal would be the most interesting for a dps sin. I'm not talking about stim, I already have my favorite, accuracy/crit.

Since when you're geared with full 248 you got roughly 42% crit I'm wondering about changing to an Attack Adrenal, who gives Power instead of using the Crit one.
I haven't noticed a great difference when parsing with each, which is surprising but I didn't test it for long.

Any thoughts about this ? Does the 870 stat points are better when used in Power or in Critical ? I know that it last only a few seconds, but it could still be interesting to know.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Evolixe
09.05.2017 , 11:21 AM | #2
I pretty much avoid the crit one like the plague. I don't like the inconsistent results it may or may not produce and in general don't like to lay my DPS in the hands of more RNG where I can avoid it.

Power works on everything. Crit only works with Crits.

If you use a Power adrenal, your results are guaranteed to be empowered by the same amount everytime.
Only altered by the specs own RNG.

If you use a Crit adrenal, your results are entirely dependant on the fact of you actually critting or not.
I don't like that even if the results only vary by like 10% any time (it'll be more though).
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

supertimtaf
09.05.2017 , 12:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I pretty much avoid the crit one like the plague. I don't like the inconsistent results it may or may not produce and in general don't like to lay my DPS in the hands of more RNG where I can avoid it.

Power works on everything. Crit only works with Crits.

If you use a Power adrenal, your results are guaranteed to be empowered by the same amount everytime.
Only altered by the specs own RNG.

If you use a Crit adrenal, your results are entirely dependant on the fact of you actually critting or not.
I don't like that even if the results only vary by like 10% any time (it'll be more though).
Yeah, that's what I thought too. The second thing is that most of Deception's burst rely on "auto-crits" (Discharge with Recklessness and set bonus) and I was wondering if the critical adrenal would have an effect. Based on what I know about auto-crit, it seems like this has no effect and is most likely a waste (you cannot really go over 100% surge).

Thanks for the advice !
I'll keep that in mind when I'll order my next shipment of adrenal

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

bdatt
09.05.2017 , 01:02 PM | #4
From the 4.0 patch notes (I don't think they've changed this since).

"To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage."

Would this apply to set bonus auto-crit maul? Does this apply when force potency puts your crit above 100%? Does either outweigh the guaranteed damage boost to all other attacks using an attack adrenal? All good questions.

Evolixe
09.05.2017 , 01:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post

"To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage."

Would this apply to set bonus auto-crit maul? Does this apply when force potency puts your crit above 100%? Does either outweigh the guaranteed damage boost to all other attacks using an attack adrenal? All good questions.
It does apply. But the few autocrits you're going to get in your burst window don't warrant using a Crit Adrenal.
Power one increases their damage all the same. And everything else too.
Evolixe | Exilove

supertimtaf
09.05.2017 , 01:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post

From what I've seen, this does apply to any auto-crit given by a set bonus or special ability like Sniper's Laze Target.
However I don't know if it works as much with Force Potency, since it only gives 60% bonus crit chance.

Evolixe
09.05.2017 , 01:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
From what I've seen, this does apply to any auto-crit given by a set bonus or special ability like Sniper's Laze Target.
However I don't know if it works as much with Force Potency, since it only gives 60% bonus crit chance.
60% + your own crit. For me that would be 42.89% so I get a whopping 2.89% damage added to my surge when critting with Recklessness
Evolixe | Exilove

supertimtaf
09.05.2017 , 01:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
60% + your own crit. For me that would be 42.89% so I get a whopping 2.89% damage added to my surge when critting with Recklessness
That's what I wanted to say by "bonus crit chance" ^^
But yeah, the damage boost is pretty low for a Recklessness crit when compared to a real auto-crit... Don't know if it's a bad thing though. I already hit with a rough 20k I don't think it should need more when you see how often it comes back.

Kazz_Devlin
09.21.2017 , 04:00 PM | #9
Well it really depends on what you are running. If your running power then I'd go power no-brain er there. If however you have a crit build i'd run the crit has your power is already low at this point you won't see that much of boost IMHO so might has well run the crit. keeping in mind as your power goes down your Crit multiplier goes up. (This is why i'd also run the crit relic. ) So when you do land a crit the higher your multiplier the bigger your crit is and this makes up makes up for less power. Now that being said bear in mind i do believe Power builds do eek out a slight advantage but we are talking statistically like less then a half of a percent or so basically the over all difference is negligible. Right now i'm running a high Alacrity|Acc|Crit build. So i do get some power from the Alacrity and Acc enhancements but no augments. mainly its because I prefer a faster rotation and i'm less likely to miss.

Hoppinswtor
09.21.2017 , 06:30 PM | #10
Use an attack adrenal in your opener and again sub-30 percent (paired with overcharge saber and recklessness).
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)