Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hatred vs. Deception PvE

Theshrimpy
07.15.2017 , 11:42 AM | #1
So with the buff to hatred, which is preferred for ops? I am comfortable with both deception and hatred and they both are fun, so I am more interested in which is the better discipline, not "the discipline that you enjoy is the better one."

supertimtaf
07.15.2017 , 11:53 AM | #2
It depends the fight. ^^ Hatred is more of an AoE spec than Deception. I would recommend Hatred for fights like Corruptor Zero/Revanites Commander where you can aoe a lot. Deception is more usefull in either single boss fight (Terror from Beyond) and quick series of burst on weak target (HM Brontes). Really, just play both and adapt with the current fight. ^^ Deception has more versatility but when it's really only about aoe and killing tons of adds, just go Hatred.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Evolixe
07.15.2017 , 12:32 PM | #3
Hatred on:

Bestia
Draxus
Corruptor, if you need the add damage

You could do it on Grob'Thok as well, but considering the low health of the adds and the time they take to die plus
Deceptions strength under the magnet effect, I really don't think that you should.

Deception on the rest. Simple as that.

Hatred is still too far behind to be considered a solid single target choice.
I mean.. that's kinda what you get if you buff AoE damage to achieve it.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

FlavivsAetivs
07.16.2017 , 01:47 PM | #4
Hatred I think is better for Underlurker or any AOE fight.

I'd say Deception definitely still has an advantage due to its better defensives.

Quote:
(Terror from Beyond)
I think Hatred might be better on this fight. I mean it's not a hard enough DPS check really to not use Deception, but you can't use Phantom Stride during the Pylons which is a DPS nerf for Deception, and the DoT's will keep ticking during the tentacle slam which is additional uptime for Hatred. Deception's burst is more useful on irregularities/anomalies though.

Just my two cents, someone with more experience might be able to say more.

I wonder if Hatred is still a better choice on Brontes though (even with front-side maul), since you could theoretically spread DoT's to all the fingers in the 6-finger phase? I don't know, to be honest, thoughts on that?
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

Evolixe
07.16.2017 , 02:08 PM | #5
What? Absolutely not. Hatred isn't going to pull its weight on Terrors first phase (while Deception can eaily pull 9.6k even without taking any of the buffs)

And with Force Speed's defensive reduction you can eat and stay on every slam. So there is 0 advantage to Hatred there.
Evolixe | Exilove

FlavivsAetivs
07.16.2017 , 03:00 PM | #6
Hmm... fair enough. I was just concerned about Deception's lack of Phantom Stride (for an extra Discharge every 20s) having an effect on its DPS in the Pylons phase. Hence why I asked for the input of someone who knew better.
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

invertioN
07.16.2017 , 03:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
Hmm... fair enough. I was just concerned about Deception's lack of Phantom Stride (for an extra Discharge every 20s) having an effect on its DPS in the Pylons phase. Hence why I asked for the input of someone who knew better.
why arent u concerned how crap hatred is above 30% hp on the target ?
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Evolixe
07.16.2017 , 03:13 PM | #8
Underlurker is a fair point I hadn't considered. You should definitely go Hatred on that too.
And if you're careful enough you could probably also play it on Torque.

But anything else you just really want to stick to Dec.
Evolixe | Exilove

AdjeYo
07.16.2017 , 03:21 PM | #9
Just play Hatred everywhere because it's more fun

FlavivsAetivs
07.16.2017 , 03:40 PM | #10
DoT's traditionally are supposed to do more than Burst. But yeah Hatred is up to... mediocre at best.
GSF School
Jedi Covenant