Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So when are we finally getting justice for Assasins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
So when are we finally getting justice for Assasins?

TerryDeath's Avatar


TerryDeath
06.16.2017 , 03:55 PM | #1
Something I noticed with my Sith Assasin- If your in a one on one fight with a Sith Juggernaut the Juggernaut will always win. Even with Galactic Command gear and such. Really makes you realize that despite what some say: Classes are not balanced. Do not think they are. Why do you think Ranged classes always win? Cmon Bioware, you could at least give us a balancing update.

Zolxtren's Avatar


Zolxtren
06.19.2017 , 05:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TerryDeath View Post
Why do you think Ranged classes always win?.
looks at my DPS sorcerer...........

also the reason i rolled a Skank tank Jugg.... if you rotate the def CDs carefully you can pretty much outsustain allmost anyone while slowly murdering him....

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
06.20.2017 , 09:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TerryDeath View Post
Something I noticed with my Sith Assasin- If your in a one on one fight with a Sith Juggernaut the Juggernaut will always win. Even with Galactic Command gear and such. Really makes you realize that despite what some say: Classes are not balanced. Do not think they are. Why do you think Ranged classes always win? Cmon Bioware, you could at least give us a balancing update.
yes and the jugs complain they are weak in ranked and need a buff. Its a complete joke. Jugs played right put out HUGE dps but their defense IMHO are still to strong. They are NOT glass cannons and they should be if they are a DPS spec. Plain fact is every DPS class all things being equal should be able to off each other. No one DPS class should be greater then another. I digress what irks me most about jugs aside from their ED is they have 3 instant cast stuns to my one and yes one electrocute....now while it is possible to use mind trap if combat hasn't been started most of then time it already has, thereby rendering that stun useless. That is of course unless I cloak out and when doing so it takes the jug out of a combat state which it don't always do either because of a bug or other combatants in the area. Still again it renders mind trap useless you can cast it on those in combat). The so called 3rd stun whirlwind by default is a casting ability ....where's jugs casting one oh right they don't have one all instant. So if i spend 2 seconds casting it i can stun them gee what do you think the jugs gonna do during those two seconds. While true i can spend a dang utility point to make it instant point is I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. The whole purpose for removing lightning and crushing darkness was to go to an instant cast why in the same heck do you leave whirlwind as a cast? Now yes we also have low slash which is more a mez than stun and if you coincide your low slash with casting whirlwind you can make it work provided they don't have a breaker. On the whole the two classes don't come close to balance aside from the fact that we're both melees classes. I know the dev's response is we are more a counter to mara's than jugs and i just think that's wrong that is not balance. All in all i find it funny jugs whine about getting owned with everything they have.

sumquy's Avatar


sumquy
06.23.2017 , 01:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
yes and the jugs complain they are weak in ranked and need a buff. Its a complete joke. Jugs played right put out HUGE dps but their defense IMHO are still to strong. They are NOT glass cannons and they should be if they are a DPS spec.
ikr! to hear them tell it, it's not fair that they can only survive 10 seconds with 4 people focusing them... but they should be able to global that poor sorc.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
Plain fact is every DPS class all things being equal should be able to off each other. No one DPS class should be greater then another.
this part i disagree with completely, though. it is one of the biggest problems with balancing pvp. if jugg and mara do the same damage, then there is no reason to play mara since a jugg is much harder to kill. the dcd's are not equal, and that is okay, but the mara should do more damage. unfortunately, this is hard to quantify and from their most recent statements, it doesn't look like bioware is even willing to try. instead we get broad melee/ranged categories lumped together, and they want to ignore that some defensives are much better than others.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

Kazz_Devlin's Avatar


Kazz_Devlin
06.25.2017 , 04:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
ikr! to hear them tell it, it's not fair that they can only survive 10 seconds with 4 people focusing them... but they should be able to global that poor sorc.



this part i disagree with completely, though. it is one of the biggest problems with balancing pvp. if jugg and mara do the same damage, then there is no reason to play mara since a jugg is much harder to kill. the dcd's are not equal, and that is okay, but the mara should do more damage. unfortunately, this is hard to quantify and from their most recent statements, it doesn't look like bioware is even willing to try. instead we get broad melee/ranged categories lumped together, and they want to ignore that some defensives are much better than others.
thats not all things being equal though! Look the trinity system is fairly simple DPS|Tank|Heals
roughly all your DPS classes should be glass cannons and be putting out around the same DPS/burst be it sustained or burst it doesn't matter the over all goal is roughly the same, they each use different means to achieve the same respective goal. If each are putting out the same amount and gear is roughly equal then the deciding factor becomes skill not the classes built-in advantage such as the state we currently have.
If we do it the way you suggest which is the way it always been done you end up always having the "I win class" which at this point and time are the merc's| snipers| Jugs| all of these break the trinity in that they put out huge DPS yet are NOT glass cannon's. Sorc heals also fall into this category as well even though they don't put out much dmg it takes 3 to kill one. This means people flood matches playing as sorc heals never intending on healing others just as a means to control nodes . What further complicates matters is the fact that when you do get an I win class people flood to play it inundating the matches leading to ques with 5 bh classes or four sins and operative etc etc which just exacerbates the problem even worse. this leads to matches there is no point in fighting because the outcome is inevitable, For example you have the jug who isn't really meant to face a sin yet 5 of their team are jugs the odds of fighting a jug are rather high. Whats worse because we're not meant to face them its an underdog fight from the go and one we're mostly gonna loose.

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
06.25.2017 , 10:08 PM | #6
Losing to juggs as a sin... Seriously? That's like... impossible unless the jugg is very very good.

Jugg is tankier than mara?

What is this nonsense you are talking here? Are you even playing in 5.2?
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Zolxtren's Avatar


Zolxtren
06.25.2017 , 10:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Losing to juggs as a sin... Seriously? That's like... impossible unless the jugg is very very good.

Jugg is tankier than mara?

What is this nonsense you are talking here? Are you even playing in 5.2?
Skank juggs are a 1 man army just saying......

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
06.26.2017 , 02:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zolxtren View Post
Skank juggs are a 1 man army just saying......
Still pretty sure I would beat those too.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
06.27.2017 , 11:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Losing to juggs as a sin... Seriously? That's like... impossible unless the jugg is very very good.

Jugg is tankier than mara?

What is this nonsense you are talking here? Are you even playing in 5.2?
That's what I was thinking. Seems like more of a L2P issue.
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
07.19.2017 , 10:21 AM | #10
My Jugg guildies always get very defensive and resentful when the insinuation that they have an advantage, particularly in 1v1 duels, comes up. Am I the best sin/shadow of all time? Hell no. Am I good? Yes. That being said, in no way do I ever see it possible that a deception/infiltration toon beats a jugg/guardian if gear and player mastery/skill levels are equal.