Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.10.2015 , 08:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drisin View Post
Ok. Do you use demolish again as soon as it proc's or wait until you use your aoe again that increases its effectiveness?
It has a 9 second internal cool down, and it is buffed by your death field, so if you can fit it into the death field window before the Internal Cool Down resets then you can hold on to it. Otherwise, I use it when I'm getting low on Force as it is free and will give you 1 GCD to recover a bit of force and saving you from using Saber Strike.

Drisin
05.10.2015 , 09:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
It has. 9 second internal cool down, and it is buffed by your death field, so if you can fit it into the death field window before the Internal Cool Down resets then you can hold on to it. Otherwise, I use it when I'm getting low on Force as it is free and will give you 1 GCD to recover a bit of force and saving you from using Saber Strike.
Ok thanks

Jimvinny
05.10.2015 , 10:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drisin View Post
Ok. Do you use demolish again as soon as it proc's or wait until you use your aoe again that increases its effectiveness?
Demolish should ALWAYS be used as soon as it procs, unless doing so would delay re-application of one of the other dots, or deathfield. As for saving deathmark for demolish, absolutely not. Ideally, deathmark ticks are better used on creeping terror and discharge dots, since those hit harder than the demolish dot ticks that follow the initial hit.
My Stream
Un-solicited referral link here.

Aelanis
05.10.2015 , 10:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
It has a 9 second internal cool down, and it is buffed by your death field, so if you can fit it into the death field window before the Internal Cool Down resets then you can hold on to it. Otherwise, I use it when I'm getting low on Force as it is free and will give you 1 GCD to recover a bit of force and saving you from using Saber Strike.
You really only have 2 GCDs to delay it before you start losing damage. It has a 9 second ICD, yes, but the 6 second duration means it can easily overwrite itself (which is a damage loss) if you hold it for too long. If you only have to delay it by 1 or 2 globals to get it under the Death Field, then that's fine, but any more and the damage loss isn't really worth it, even for trying to burst someone down.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

DarrelK
05.11.2015 , 01:16 AM | #15
Nice guide Krea. Basically I would only disagree with some of the 1v1 ratings, like the jugg one - this matchup is nowhere near hard as dot spec. You can facetank their damage and still win. Sin dcds OP
[TRE] Oberei - occasionally a decent shadow

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 03:10 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrelK View Post
Nice guide Krea. Basically I would only disagree with some of the 1v1 ratings, like the jugg one - this matchup is nowhere near hard as dot spec. You can facetank their damage and still win. Sin dcds OP
As I stated in the first post, I'm open to criticism and will amend the guide as new information pops up. I have the rating set that way for Juggs because in a straight up 1v1, they have superior defensive cool downs to last longer than you do and Serenity/Hatred lacks the crowd control that it's counterpart Infiltration/Deception has. Due to this, it is harder to ignore some of their more important DCDs, and if the sin is inexperienced and unfamiliar with this match up, it will be difficult. I tailored the 1v1 section to players who are less familiar with these 1v1 scenarios, as anyone else will likely have a much easier time with the match up. For example, an experienced sin in Deception will have a small chance at beating a good concealmen operative, but could you imagine a new or less experienced player running into this match up

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 03:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
You really only have 2 GCDs to delay it before you start losing damage. It has a 9 second ICD, yes, but the 6 second duration means it can easily overwrite itself (which is a damage loss) if you hold it for too long. If you only have to delay it by 1 or 2 globals to get it under the Death Field, then that's fine, but any more and the damage loss isn't really worth it, even for trying to burst someone down.
I agree with this 100% in a static environment but sometimes PvP forces you to adjust your application of Vanquish/Demolish. It is not uncommon for arenas to be filled with Assassins/Shadows, so sometimes it is more beneficial to hold on to the proc for longer than 3 seconds if they have up shroud. However, I should probably add this to the guide, but personally, if I am forced to hold Vanquish/Demolish for so long that proccing it again will cause an overlap, I simply will place it on another target, effectively having two targets with the DoT on them, this way no damage is wasted. However, as I've stated, this is all situational, which is why I love PvP In a straight 1v1, it is definitely beneficial to use Vanquish/Demolish as soon as possible, as a 1v1 is more of a Dps race than 4v4, where you are required to break "rotation" to peel, cc, or kite.

Murdura
05.11.2015 , 10:19 AM | #18
Great job.

Guide was really well done and very informative. Keep up the good work.

DemonJin
05.11.2015 , 11:34 AM | #19
Good post

Lord_Unterhemd
05.11.2015 , 04:30 PM | #20
Pretty good Guide.

I didnt test the 77% Surge Build yet because i like the additional 5% Accuracy for deception because of my low slash.
I tried 0 Accuracy and it drove me nuts when Low Slash missed, because it can occur in many critical situations where a successful CC can decide whether you win or lose a 1v1 situation.

I also wanted to say that your guide gave me a few things to think about and try out, but in my opinion your "rotation" for deception doesnt quite fit in with the core meaning of the whole specc, which is in my opinion, beeing unpredictable. The strongest deception players in my opinion are those, who really are unpredictable. ^^
Of course there are priorities that have to be known, but they aren't rotations^^
And I also wanted to mention that i wouldnt use:

Recklessness -> Spike because it would consume one of your Recklessness charges that could be missing in your Surging charges discharge later while using Bolt Lightning, if i am not wrong :P
Slevrina / Assassin Diehard