Increase level 2 speeder %

--Gunner--

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather speeder were banned at the Fleet. I find I lag more when all these people rez these huge *** vehicles in a small location like the fleet. Make everyone use their feet on the fleet rather than speeders. It will help with lag.

Yes, because the rest of us should have to move like slugs to accommodate slower computers.

i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?

No, I don't agree (which means that not everyone agrees), speeds are fine, you aren't paying 210K just for 10% speed increase, you also pay for a sturdier vehicle which doesn't explode if a mob sneezes in the vicinity of it.

• 2 months later...
I would rather speeder were banned at the Fleet. I find I lag more when all these people rez these huge *** vehicles in a small location like the fleet. Make everyone use their feet on the fleet rather than speeders. It will help with lag.

No turn down your graphics then, my fleet has plenty of speeders and big speeders and my computer runs fine, people need to stop complaing cus their not level 50 and cant afford these speeders. thats all this has been cus people told me on my server to lie and complain about the huge speeders, now cus of those people and rumors started our speeders which was rare to people who had vip access no suffer cus of jealousy. ITs as easy as turnin down your shader complexity. problem solved

Can we sell or give our custom built speeders to other players or give them to our other sided characters in the update? or did i just make 10 for nothing hoping on a rumor that we can

?

I can't find the exact post, but it was in a features list that Cybertech speeders would be sellable on the GTN

I agree that the speeders in this game lack "speed".

However I believe the reason why they lack speed on the speeders is because Bioware chose to use regional locations on each planet instead of the whole entire planet. I'm sure you heard alot of the flack going around where people have mentioned swtor being a theme park MMO which sadly indeed it is.

That being said, because each region is so linear and small they had to dupe the speeds on the speeder so it doesn't trick the player into thinking "man, this super ultra mega awesome speeder got me from point A too point B in about a good minute". Hopefully that gives you a sense of what im sort of getting at.

NOW if this was a sandbox MMO (THAT I WISH IT REALLY WAS) I believe we would get super ultra fast speeders but sadly it's not!

I think bioware messed up entirely on making the planets in this game. Sure they look awesome but not when you've been in that same place countless times, it starts to feel claustrophobic. To bad we aren't able to get the same speed as the taxi.... -.-

TL;DR Bioware doesn't want you to get bored with their lack of creativity when they chose to create selected regions small cause you just explored the entire zone in about 30 seconds on your super ultra fast speeder.

Edited by DuckKing

Can we sell or give our custom built speeders to other players or give them to our other sided characters in the update? or did i just make 10 for nothing hoping on a rumor that we can

?

They will be BoE in 1.2, so you'll be able to sell them.

That being said, I *highly* doubt that anything already bound will magically become unbound, so if you were foolish enough to pre-make 10 of them and thus they are all now bound, I would expect all 10 to still remain bound after the patch.

So, while the rumor is true, you probably did still make 10 for nothing. Now, it's *possible* since vehicles don't really need to be BoE because they "poof" when used and instead become a learned skill that they will simply remove ALL binding on the items. But since it's just as easy to make 10 of 'em after the patch as it is to make 10 of 'em before the patch, I certainly wouldn't have gone ahead and made 'em early.

No turn down your graphics then, my fleet has plenty of speeders and big speeders and my computer runs fine, people need to stop complaing cus their not level 50 and cant afford these speeders. thats all this has been cus people told me on my server to lie and complain about the huge speeders, now cus of those people and rumors started our speeders which was rare to people who had vip access no suffer cus of jealousy. ITs as easy as turnin down your shader complexity. problem solved

I can't speak for anybody else, but the reason I don't like the massive speeder cars has nothing to do with jealousy, or frame rate problems.

They're big and obnoxious and make it hard to see what you're doing. They're the TOR equivelent of humvees, but worse. Big obnoxious vehicles that only *****s would drive simply because they are *****s.

Sure, I could buy one. I have several million across my accounts and access to the VIP vendors. (though that is no longer neccessary). But then I'd be as big a ***** as the other people with them.