Fed up with garbage Tier 4 crates

Decidion

90% of these are dropping junk blue garbage for me. I wish I could have just locked my GC level at 299... I would be waaay better geared at this point.

Why is it so hard for BioWare to get this right???

Actually, they should have listened to us last year when we told them RNG was a bad idea. But no, they are going to do whatever, regardless of what their customers think, and then just try and appease us after the fact with bandaids that don't solve the root problem. Is it any wonder so many people have left the game?

Edited by Decidion

90% of these are dropping junk blue garbage for me. I wish I could have just locked my GC level at 299... I would be waaay better geared at this point.

Actually, they should have listened to us last year when we told them RNG was a bad idea. But no, they are going to do whatever, regardless of what their customers think, and then just try and appease us after the fact with bandaids that don't solve the root problem. Is it any wonder so many people have left the game?

You should try the tier one crates.. they are much worse then before.. hopefully you won't have to find out by trying to lvl alts.

"It's bad because it's only prototype quality! I'm too proud to be using those!"

244s are only bad if you already have all possible options for that slot at rating 242.

244 armorings and enhancements are better than 240 armorings and enhancements. "But prototype quality is below me! I'm emperor of universe!"

Well, if that's what you choose. Whatever floats your boat.

Did I already mention the best part? What most players cry about nowadays? Yeah, repair bills. Which one is cheaper to repair: prototype, artifact or legendary?

Only items where you have a point are relics.

Edited by Halinalle

yup. since hitting the cap, I've gone through over 300 crates. Although my main is fully kitted out in BiS now, I've bought more bits with UCs than got lucky drops. -and have a spare head slot and gloves extra. - A couple of the BoE armour pieces I've sold, the rest has been disintegrate after disintegrate.

That's not fun, that's not exciting, that's not even worth doing.... Is there a cap on unopened crates?

244 blue armoring is better then the 242 legendary armoring. The armoring is 244, so you get a tiny (albeit insignificant) boost to your damage reduction. But it is certainly not garbage.

The enhancements are exactly the same stats as the 242 gear, cept for the mod which is a Mod-A stat allocation, which is less then ideal but good enough for gearing alts or a skank tank class.

The relics are decent enough to use till you get 248 gemini or a 246 purp drop.

Blues becomes garbage once you get the better stuff, but isn't that basically how all gear works in this game? I mean the crates only become garbage once you have everything you need. If you had no 248, then the 244's relativity speaking are good.

Don't worry though, Tier 5 is probably around the corner, which will be awesome for like a day, until everything it drops is garbage too once you get all BiS again. (rinse repeat, rinse repeat, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, oh crap, I guess that's this game...)

Edited by DenariusJay

yup. since hitting the cap, I've gone through over 300 crates. Although my main is fully kitted out in BiS now, I've bought more bits with UCs than got lucky drops. -and have a spare head slot and gloves extra. - A couple of the BoE armour pieces I've sold, the rest has been disintegrate after disintegrate.

That's not fun, that's not exciting, that's not even worth doing.... Is there a cap on unopened crates?

I'd like it if we could convert our command crates to legacy bound crates, using command tokens and the command token vendor. That would make crates more appealing on an almost fully-geared character.

For now at least i'm saving crates for an off-spec.

Edited by Eli_Porter

If you're already in BiS then there's nothing you can get from crates (don't know if speeders still drop in T4).

You're left with only on option: start building set for another role.

Nothing different from previous gearing system: once you're in BiS there's nothing for you to gain anymore.

Edited by Halinalle

Yep, their concept "more cxp lvl you are - better gear you get" works only for 1-299 lvls. At 300 lvl you will get mostly garbage. And again biofail deceived their players since their "special rulles for 300 lvl gain" actually means "you will start to get garbage at 300 lvl". Iam tired and sicked of this game, my main still needs 4-5 pieces of 248 gear though i played so long for him

I'd like it if we could convert our command crates to legacy bound crates, using command tokens and the command token vendor. That would make crates more appealing on an almost fully-geared character.

For now at least i'm saving crates for an off-spec.

Trouble is, for any DPS spec, it's a pain to properly gear up a tank for instance. You're basically relying on buying off-spec pieces with your UCs.- And that's an alt-unfriendly slog.

AFAIK Speeders are pretty rare at Tier 4. - A few pets drop ( like we need more of those....) , and if you're in quickly and pretty mercenary with your pricing, some of the BoE armour sells okay - between 150K and 400K is about average. - But if you've ground to Tier 4, you've probably got a lot of credits form WZ and Dailies anyway.

:eek:

Would the playerbase prefer it if 242's dropped instead of 244's? Of course they would, but that would make HM Operation loot meaningless.

242's DO drop from command crates, so do 248's. The blues are simply more common.

242's DO drop from command crates, so do 248's. The blues are simply more common.

You only have a set amount of rolls for 242's on any given character, with the highest drop rates coming at the end of the tier. 244's aren't as good as 242's, because they cannot be upgraded to 248 and do not have optimized stats for mods and left-side gear. The only notable upsides are a bit of extra damage from hilts/barrels and lower repair costs.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Command Crates is the worst thing that has happend to this otherwise awesome game.

This is it, in a nutshell. They went from AAA Western MMO to grindy Asian MMO in a single move.

I hated what they did to Companions with 4.0 but this is even worse.

This is it, in a nutshell. They went from AAA Western MMO to grindy Asian MMO in a single move.

LoL. Hyperbole much? I mean, when was this ever an AAA MMO?

Edited by Schoock

I disagree. Now this system could have better drop rates but its a lot better than before 5.0. The biggest improvement is being able to play the game anyway you want and get a chance for BIS gear.

Pre 5.0 there was only 2 ways to BIS gear you had to do either of the following.

Priority Mission- 1 Random HM Op would drop BIS Gear. So each char you would be able to roll on 5 pieces of gear between 8 people.(Sounds like a very long grind) To make it worse is most people can only do EV/KP HM.

Nightmare OPS- Which only Hard Core Raiders would be able to do. Which was the biggest cry out on these forums how they get BIS Gear and others can't because they dont do Ops.

So even if you were lucky and was guaranteed to get a loot pieces every priority mission it would take you 14 weeks to get geared in BIS. Thats even saying that you are able to complete the other HM OPS and just not wait for what most people did and that was HM KP/EV.

Now for the people who would just be happy with the gear that is a step down from BIS and would rather have ultimate coms back. I am not sure if the grind of ultimate coms would be a lot easier then this grind for the second best gear. I do think that this grind is a lot more fun as I can do multiple things other than just operations. The amount of ultimate coms that came from non Ops was low and you be lucky if you could rack up enough to buy one piece per week.

The only system is think is really broken is the PVP system. I do both pvp and pve so I am extremely happy that they made it one set of gear so I didnt have to farm two sets. But the system for just pvpers is extremely stupid. You are either forced to do HM Ops or do a extremely painful grind of upgrading every tier. I think tier four is reasonable priced but tier 2 and 3 should be a lot cheaper especially tier two.

Short summary-You will enjoy the system if you just log in and play the way you want to and not focus so much on CXP to get BIS. Having a chance at BIS is better than pre 5.0 because most people didnt have BIS. Pvp upgrades need to be reduce big time on the price. Tier 4 is ok but Tier 2 and 3 should be a lot cheaper.

in all i agree 1000000%

im 250+ cp lvl DPS and still got green T3 and none tank part so far, dont mind to reach T4 so much than to have some T3 tank parts so to do the tank when the guild needs and the drop is zero, not even a T1, only 2-3 relics iirc for tank i get, WTH system is this? the game isnt B2P nor F2P only !!!!!

Edited by Kissakias