Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger or Commando

therealjedi
12.20.2011 , 09:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mabian View Post
Gunslinger here. I just like Han solo and Chewy since 1977. Han Solo made Star Wars. He is still the best personality of all 6 films.
this guy knows where its at

Mobidoy
12.21.2011 , 08:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by therealjedi View Post
Originally Posted by Mabian
Gunslinger here. I just like Han solo and Chewy since 1977. Han Solo made Star Wars. He is still the best personality of all 6 films.

this guy knows where its at
Dont forget princess Leia.... Cant remember how many nights I have spent in her in my arms.... Just to woke up cuddling with a plush Chewbacca
Papoudidladou

Perderedeus
12.21.2011 , 08:33 AM | #13
Play the class that's fun, not what does "better." Better is always subjective.

Personally I love the story and overall feel of a gunslinger-type character. The jury is out on the Cover system -- I have had some fun with it, but also some ugliness.

However, Trooper also appeals to me... because really, you're a space marine with a lot of fun gadgets and a rifle or heavy-cannon. My current Commando feels like a walking battalion with the firepower I can summon up, and also the amount of control I have... sticky-bomb a guy, cryo-bomb another, lay down mortar fire over an area or pepper a single guy with Full Auto. Feels powerful, and doesn't have the 'gimmick' of Cover.

TrumpetNut
01.06.2013 , 10:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by intheolddayz View Post
You should never start playing a class because it does more dps or hps vs another class, but instead play a class you like the looks, story, gameplay and having real fun playing it. This is a game not a job.
This. I like the looks of commando but damn. All they can freaking do is Grav round(SPAMM) and I like sage but where did the story go>GONE I like Powertech yay nothing bad

Kariella
01.07.2013 , 11:10 AM | #15
i think if you convert the titles to other games you will get a beter sense... for example...

gunslinger = hunter and in games like wow or lotro we all know what a hunter does

commando = champion...

anyway... thats how I view the differences... so while both do great dps, they both have different raid roles...
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

Dabrixmgp
01.08.2013 , 06:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Spasmoyltic View Post
From a PVP/raid standpoint, what can the gunslinger bring to the table that a commando can't?
Since you said PvP go Gunslinger. Just go to the PvP forums and read the 5345834753478 posts about Commando/Merc sucking. Commando is the worst healer and the DPS is also basically a gunslinger but without all the CC and leap immunity and ways to escape

Bouncy_Hunter
01.09.2013 , 11:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Spasmoyltic View Post
Like many of you I had a chance to test out the gunslinger during Thanksgiving weekend and really enjoyed my time with the class. Even though I found the cover system fun, I am starting to question the real benefit to going gunslinger. From what I understand, commando gets better armor, high dps, and more mobility. From a PVP/raid standpoint, what can the gunslinger bring to the table that a commando can't?

I am still leaning towards the smuggler class strictly for story, but I was hoping some of you experienced players can weigh in and tell me what attributes I would have that a commando wouldn't?
Hey, no matter what anybody tells you, a commando can't outdo gunslinger in DPS unless the slinger is really bad. My main has been a commando for a long time and I'm just nearing 50 on my gunslinger to replace him. The reason I'm doing this (and these are my opinions) is becaue for one, I think Commando DPS is EXTREMELY boring, the rotations you use as any of the 2 DPS specs are very very simple and in my opinion boring. Even though they do good damage, raiding with my guild I've come to the point where I'm getting sleepy and feel like I'm going to fall asleep using my commando. The option to become a healer is great though but still I'm glad I'm replacing it with my gunslinger. The gunslinger is also much better at PvP vs a DPS commando imo, we have waaay better cooldowns and survivability even if th commando has heavy armor. We have a knockback, leg shot (root), Dirty kick (stun), Flash Bang (stun) our shield probe, dodge, the giant shield thing which decreases damage taken byy 20% done to everybody that's inside of it. If you're going to DPS I'd pick Gunslinger BUT It's not for everybody. A lot of people get tired of the cover system and find the class boring just like I find commando boring. I love my gunslinger and have a lot of fun with my spec...so....yeah just my take on it.

Not to mention Smugglers in general are so much cooler than troopers xD

kijthae
01.14.2013 , 06:06 AM | #18
Commando wears heavy armor and more mobile but lacks control compared to gunslinger. Gunslinger can boost harder , constantly pushback , has defensive cds like control immunity , more defensive vs ranged in cover...

xxIncubixx
01.14.2013 , 06:08 AM | #19
commando is the worst class right now all around, healer, DPS whatever, go gunslinger you wont regret it

Lightning_
01.15.2013 , 08:04 AM | #20
lol @ necroing a thread that was discussing classes before the game was even out

sorry folks, but version 1.6 and an old beta from 2011 are _slightly_ different