Trying to complete kdy 100%

I hit legend 2 weeks ago, and just cannot get Krupp to turn up. At least 2 dozen runs since I got the mount and its really bugging me. Is it possible to solo until the boss fight and group invite to get him if he turns up, and quit if he doesn't. will that work?

Unfortunately, soloing isn't really faster than just doing it in a group, so long as your queues are popping fast enough (depends on your server, though during prime time it doesn't seem to be an issue on mine with 2-3m pops). The RNG aspect of the final bosses is pretty brutal for achievement hunters, simply because you have to invest 20+ minutes into the two trash-clearing instances before you can even see if you've gotten the boss(es) that you want or not.

The first person I know of to have completed KDY to 100% said that they ran it 77 times to finish it. By comparison, the achievements for other flashpoints require either 25 or 50 (Black Talon's light/dark side choice, Mando Raider's different pub/imp boarding party) times. 50 in of itself is rather ridiculous, but 77 (or whatever your random number is) is rather absurd. As nice as the different bosses are from a variety perspective, I wish these were designed with some mechanism where you could either know which boss it is ahead of time, or could do something minor to affect which boss turns up.

As nice as the different bosses are from a variety perspective, I wish these were designed with some mechanism where you could either know which boss it is ahead of time, or could do something minor to affect which boss turns up.

This is a really nice idea. As unlikely as it would be to change the system as it currently stands, it would be really nice if random things like this could be weighted in the direction of things the people in the group hadn't yet seen.

Yeah. Solo will be slower.

77 times sound about right.

Mine took similar number of times. The bosses came up pretty evenly on the rep side for me but I had to grind several times for the last boss kill require on the imp side.

Whoever is going to grind for the achievement should expect about 70-80 times. I say you will be pretty luck to get it done in under 65 times.

kdy was the reason I got another lv55; I thought I was done with levelling. I am definitely done with kdy now.

At least it tracks the achievement when the content is released. Not like CZ (and the other pre2.0 daily areas)...."hey I have already completed that 50 times before you add the achievements!!!!! Now you ask me to do it 30 more times??!!! @#%$^#@#"

Unfortunately, soloing isn't really faster than just doing it in a group, so long as your queues are popping fast enough (depends on your server, though during prime time it doesn't seem to be an issue on mine with 2-3m pops). The RNG aspect of the final bosses is pretty brutal for achievement hunters, simply because you have to invest 20+ minutes into the two trash-clearing instances before you can even see if you've gotten the boss(es) that you want or not.

The first person I know of to have completed KDY to 100% said that they ran it 77 times to finish it. By comparison, the achievements for other flashpoints require either 25 or 50 (Black Talon's light/dark side choice, Mando Raider's different pub/imp boarding party) times. 50 in of itself is rather ridiculous, but 77 (or whatever your random number is) is rather absurd. As nice as the different bosses are from a variety perspective, I wish these were designed with some mechanism where you could either know which boss it is ahead of time, or could do something minor to affect which boss turns up.

Edited by Banegio

I haven't been keeping close track of how many times I ran KDY, but about 70-80 does sound about right before I got all the boss achievements. Bearing in mind that it would take, what, 50 tries with perfect luck?

(The last holding cell achievement is another story . . . )

If you're talking about the Rescue 10 prisoners achievement, then in that case it's best to solo it, or go with a sympathetic guildmate (or two). Just clear all the trash (and especially the bonus boss, if you're doing it) on both sides, because all 10 prisoners have to make it to the exit alive (and you yourself have to free all 10 prisoners for it to count). You can heal them if you're a heal-capable class, as they will take some damage/can die from those blaster volley-type AOEs and whatever the bonus bosses throw out.

I would just hop toons resetting the instance until you get the right one to come up. You shouldn't have too much trouble by yourself.

If you're talking about the Rescue 10 prisoners achievement, then in that case it's best to solo it, or go with a sympathetic guildmate (or two). Just clear all the trash (and especially the bonus boss, if you're doing it) on both sides, because all 10 prisoners have to make it to the exit alive (and you yourself have to free all 10 prisoners for it to count). You can heal them if you're a heal-capable class, as they will take some damage/can die from those blaster volley-type AOEs and whatever the bonus bosses throw out.

I would just hop toons resetting the instance until you get the right one to come up. You shouldn't have too much trouble by yourself.

I have considered that, but having never actually tried to solo KDY I have no idea how well I would fare.

I have considered that, but having never actually tried to solo KDY I have no idea how well I would fare.

The 2 trash instances are soloable at level 55 without too much difficulty.

At lower levels, your companion doesn't get bolstered and that's going to be pretty rough.

I've tried soloing the boss encounters a couple of times as a healer + tank and didn't really enjoy it at all.

The first one was Lord Modo. He drops circles on your healing pet every few seconds and you have to constantly micromanage to get him out of the circles. It was really really annoying. I imagine with enough persistence I could pull it off, but it wasn't really worth it to me.

The second boss I tried to solo was Station Guardian One. As a tank, my dps output was just enough to keep up with the adds that spawned, but not actually spend any time on the boss. I suppose this encounter would be easier as a dps main.

Basically, I found the boss fights to be a slog solo -- unlike the trash encounters that were no problem.

Edited by Khevar

They way I have sped up the aggravating boss kill count process is to split up.

You and a friend each solo the FP until the last boss. When you both are at the last boss, change to a different character and join your friend for the last boss (you do have to pick up the quest to enter). You will get credit for the boss kill and credit for the FP complete. Go back to your other character and have your friend join you. You each will get two boss kill credits in about the same time it takes to run one FP (slightly more, but close).

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to take my (horribly undergeared) 55 sniper and keep trying KDY solo until I got the Holding Cells first thing.

Which happened on my first try, luckily enough for me. Even better, the elite was tucked away in a corner at the bottom of the stairs, so I was able to ignore it entirely. I died 3 times (I think in all 3 cases there was a gold droid along with various regular mobs) and Kaliyo died a bunch more times (I always viewed her as basically supplemental hit points anyways) but it was fairly straightforwards, and I left as soon as I was done with the first scenario. No fuss and I now have 100% completion!

Edited by EranofArcadia