Making Kolto Waves mobile?

Lord_Dank

Operative doesn't need any buffs to their casted/channeled stuff, they need major buffs to their HoTs. Operative should be the most mobile healer with nearly all instant heals, compensating for that by the fact that most of them are HoTs.

Their casted/channeled abilities should only be for TA management, imo.

I don't really think operatives need a moving kolto waves or a revivication style kolto waves. Kolto waves is a pretty solid AoE heal. I think what operatives could really use is some more punch to surgical probe, making it a worthy ability to spend your TA on, rather than a glorified kolto probes refresh. I'd even give up the kolto probe refresh on surgical if that meant it getting a significant boost.

Instead they should make Kolto Waves have a 1 second cast time (2 ticks), and move the 2 ticks of heals over to Kolto Probe, and Recuperative Nanotech.

Some heals from Kolto Injection should be moved to Surgical Probe

The Upfront heals of Kolto Infusion should be lowered for slightly more HoT heals

Instead they should make Kolto Waves have a 1 second cast time (2 ticks), and move the 2 ticks of heals over to Kolto Probe, and Recuperative Nanotech.

Some heals from Kolto Injection should be moved to Surgical Probe

The Upfront heals of Kolto Infusion should be lowered for slightly more HoT heals

That's a good idea, and additionally this would slightly nerf the DPS specs' offhealing (which is already a tad strong, as is sorc's), but it'd be more of a rebalance. HoTs > Bigger bursty heals for self healing when it comes to being fair.

Take healing output from injection/wave and put it into KP and RN. Move some upfront healing in Infusion and put it in it's HoT. Remove CD on Infusion. Optional: Put Surgical Probe on a CD but make it an ability that buffs Infusion hella big.

Operatives should be a heavy HoT based class, but on live it's more upfrontal healing and that just doesn't fit with the playstyle of the class over the years.

-Te'fia

Operatives need something like this to make them viable, diagnostic scan on the move has to be the most useless heal in the game for mobility use, while innervate and successive treatment are godly on the move heals. I wish operatives were still viable for most content but why would you ever want to play it when you have to work 2x as hard to keep up with a merc or sorc healer. Great AOE healer hands down but have no burst unless you're running a 198 2 pc and a 220/224 4 pc.

I use to main an operative heals back in the day, was the first character on SWTOR I learned to play at a high level for PvP and NiM coming back in 4.0 its aids to play can't even DPS on it at all with no explosive probe or oribtal strike and the hots feel like they do what they did back in 2.X.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

• 1 month later...
Hello Ive played operative healer for the longest time and was always trying to figure out a small balance or whatever you want to call it that can help operatives heal better in ranked so what do you guys think about

Suggestion 1: kolto waves being channeled but you are able to be moving around like innervate (helps mobility healing)

Suggestion 2: making it like revivification where when you finish channeling it, it stays on the ground and heals then you can continue to heal with other spells into the kolto wave (helps burst healing).

In ranked perspective i feel this slightly will help ops healing a tunneled player or just healing in general and not being shut down as easy when they are always being interrupted on injection. Because in ranked i never get a chance to do a strong injection that much against skilled players and so I end up rarely using my channeling so this would make it a little better for ops to be able to channel their stronger heals because people will want to interrupt kolto waves if an operative can use it while moving around kind of like innervate being interrupted.

I don't think itd be too game changing but just enough to help balance the force. this change would also not really effect PvE that much and i think theyre fine in that in all honesty.

Operative has alwys been a mobile class so thats why I feel that if they cant burst enough like a sorc or even a merc, they should be the king of mobility with more movement heal casts.

idk i just want to be able to play ops heals in ranked without everyone getting mad at the beginning assuming we are going to lose because in the end op heals is a disadvantage.

I'd appreciate if people reply to this cause i just want to know what everyone thinks and if anyone can show me an imbalance or why this shouldnt be done cause i like thinking of way to nerf/balance my fav spec class.

Not going to happen. They brought in the idea of the scoundrel/operative being fixed during Kolto Waves because the other class players were complaining that the scoundrels and operatives were too mobile.

Operative doesn't need any buffs to their casted/channeled stuff, they need major buffs to their HoTs. Operative should be the most mobile healer with nearly all instant heals, compensating for that by the fact that most of them are HoTs.

It was HoTs that made them a top healer before. But it's not going to come back in the near future - especially given the current state of crits. Once the crits get reduced across the board (and they should have been ages ago - e.g., one hit can take nearly 40% of one's health), then the healer hots will become viable again.

In the meantime, from the perspective of pvp or tactical FPs, it's go DPS or be carried.

Edited by Grue_Hunter

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please this. Rn they're buffing operative burst in a way that doesn't help in ranked and nerfing the hots even more. Nerf kolto waves and MAYBE recuperative nano and move some healing into kolto probes to reward good hot management