Official PvP Records 1.1

xContex

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the case, but both of those types should be disqualified for a records thread.

Alright then, whatever the gneral vote is!

You did both. You set up in the fact that you didn't cap a second turret when you could, and then went for numbers. Don't pretend as of it was an act of kindness towards the other team whe you were trying to benefit yourself for the records thread. Its common sense Zuhara.

Common sense, huh? It wasn't like I was trying to get an epeen boost, which apparently is offensive to you. More like I wanted to see what kind of numbers we could produce as a whole, especially when its the entire focus. Personally, it was fun to go out for kills for a change and not stress about winning, since it was for the best in terms of the guild relations. Like I told you before, tensions were already building from our sister guild having lost the previous three matches against us. So, using my common sense, the team along with myself decided to throw the match for them and make sure everyone was happy in the end. But even then, I can't sit still in a match and just let them win as quickly as possible. So, like the rest of our team, we decided to see what kind of numbers we could hit since we already forfeited the match.

So again, I'm sorry if you seem to be under the impression that I'm trying to make myself look super cool with all the PvPers here. But I thought it'd be neat to post this and at least see what you guys think. And you know, maybe give you guys something to shoot for in the long run of things ;D

Anyway, this is my last post. Sorry for flooding your thread Scyn with this nonsense, I didn't think it cause this much backlash lol

Edited by ZooMzy

Alright then, whatever the gneral vote is!

Common sense, huh? It wasn't like I was trying to get an epeen boost, which apparently is offensive to you. More like I wanted to see what kind of numbers we could produce as a whole, especially when its the entire focus. Personally, it was fun to go out for kills for a change and not stress about winning, since it was for the best in terms of the guild relations. Like I told you before, tensions were already building from our sister guild having lost the previous three matches against us. So, using my common sense, the team along with myself decided to throw the match for them and make sure everyone was happy in the end. But even then, I can't sit still in a match and just let them win as quickly as possible. So, like the rest of our team, we decided to see what kind of numbers we could hit since we already forfeited the match.

So again, I'm sorry if you seem to be under the impression that I'm trying to make myself look super cool with all the PvPers here. But I thought it'd be neat to post this and at least see what you guys think. And you know, maybe give you guys something to shoot for in the long run of things ;D

Anyway, this is my last post. Sorry for flooding your thread Scyn with this nonsense, I didn't think it cause this much backlash lol

then why post it in the OFFICIAL PVP RECORDS thread? Why not start another thread about what you guys did and leave this alone?

*Updated.

Also, regarding that high kill screenshot. I appreciate your interest in posting this achievement in this thread. However, the screenshot does not add up for a few reasons.

1) One team has 1 healer and somehow posted 1.3 million damage. That is not possible especially in a ranked setting unless you are specifically avoiding that healer.

2) One team has substantial more DPS than the other however couldn't cap mid?

3) Lastly, you openly admitted in your previous post that you wanted to see how high you could get. This thread wasn't created to see how high we can get but how high we can get while trying to play the game legitimately.

Again I appreciate the interest however for future posts please try to post while keeping mind the rules of this thread.

Edited by xContex

Ariahkam tied 1st for Killing Blows in a single game with you Scyn you win in Damage and Deaths but Ariahkam wins in Solo kills, Healing and objectives :D

http://i.imgur.com/SM8gB0c.jpg

You must be related to Zuhara huh? ;)

Since everyone seems to be posting matches that were intentionally prolonged, which is easily interpreted through stats and scoreboards, I guess I should join the club too eh? Here's my intentionally delayed match when I was a supa hewo.

Beat you all in killing blows and solo kills. :rak_03:

http://i45.tinypic.com/phxe.jpg

Edited by PoliteAssasin

at least from my prospective.... esp since i qued as a premade with Rivoyge, Eve, and Grey in that match... we should have won but I dropped the ball on the first door which let them easily cap the next one unfortunatly. And I know Heagritzo was solo que in that one cuz he was in tionese gear in the one before that match as was asking for help on his char before this match... Dont know if that matters but thought id just add my 2 cents.

whether it was intentionally farming or not, it is evident that one team was clearly outperforming the other. Sometimes you get matches like this in the regs. In my opinion, when 2.0 hits these records should all be wiped and only records from ranked level 55 matches admitted. That will ensure a level of competitiveness and show an accurate level of skill compared to beating on uncoordinated pugs in a warzone. It may also promote more ranked teams on the server, we only really have about 3 right now. Heck from what I hear in 2.0 group queues will be placed in ranked, not the regs which is going to be only for solo queue from what I recall. Lets see you beat those records when the other team bites back. :cool:

*Updated.

Also in regards to the tie. If you view the tie-breaker criteria, it lists it as deaths then kills followed by damage/healing done. Obviously this is subjective to the record we are looking at but in the case of killing blows deaths is the first breaker I look at. Currently I didn't die once and Ariahkam died twice so that therefore puts him at the #2 slot.

@ Neo. Lol nice pic from the PTS =P.

@ Shepard. One step ahead of you. I already plan on wiping this records thread come 2.0 and make it kinda like a legacy thing with a spoiler tag for those that want to see 1.7 and previous records. You do bring up an excellent suggestion and that is create a ranked PVP sub-section for each statistic. I will def. be implementing that come 2.0. It could be like an overall records section and a ranked records section.

*edit: I just updated the initial post to reflect how its going to be handled post 2.0. Obviously the ranked/unranked SS's are mixed in together so I left 1.7 and earlier as a mixture of the 2 but come 2.0 like I said above I will be splitting them to reflex the differences between the 2 types of matches. Keep the suggestions coming!

Edited by xContex

@Scyn - thanks. :p that match was fun, basically it was between me and that other stat booster in the other side lol. Had another exactly like it, huttball where I was the only booster on my team, and a tough healer sage booster on the other. That one was closer. :p

The screenshot with ariakam is the same situation as zuhara. Look at the performance if his team, the kills and dps, does it really reflect their objective performance? They were clearly prolonging the match intentionally. Look at the numbers man. It just doesn't add up. Look at my voidstar with the 100 kills. Take a look at my teams dps and the other teams, as well as kills. We took it all the way to the data core. You seriously think that with a kill rate like that, as well as their dps performance that they wouldn't be able to do the same? They let the timer run out in order to make the match longer. They didn't want to finish it. Probably thought if they reached the same step they'd prevent others from planting and win the tie breaker. If I were you I'd reevaluate putting that up there. Cause if you put his, you might as well add zuharas.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I think if you look at any of the Record Holders all of them outperformed the other team in what they posted for otherwise it wouldn't be a record. Ariahkam was solo queued as you can see there was no GD folks in the game and if your solo queued you really don't have a lot of control over 7 other people or the 8 people your playing against.

I liked the Ranked only records suggestion. Non Ranked games can be lopsided or tooth and nail you never know what your going to get from them.

You're missing the point. Its not about outperforming, its about intentionally lengthening a match, which you clearly did in that match. You don't need a premade to do that. My 100 kills match has the same team setups, 1 team significantly outperformed the other, and we completed it. You seriously expect us to believe that your team outperformed your opfor by the same extent, yet you were unable to reach the last objective point? Looking at the dps and kills of your team in comparison to the kills and dps of the other team, all those deaths but you couldn't past the same door they were stuck on? At least zuhara admitted what he was doing, you apparently thought no one would notice.

Drop it. This is not a discussion thread, take it outside of the forum, or don't say anything at all. I get all excited to read a new record, but instead it's just people fighting over something that's already been decided. Stop.

Don't lecture me. You expect people to stay silent while artificial records are posted? Ill leave it to the discretion of Scyn whether he pulls it or not, but if the standards for this thread are that low how can you expect others to take it seriously?

Edited by PoliteAssasin

The only one making a big deal out of anything is you, and the previous poster. I don't know why you people get so angry on these forums, it truly amazes me. But your biggest mistake is assuming I care what you or other people on the Internet think about me. As usual I bring up a legitimate concern, and the forum rescue brigade has to blow it out of proportion in their typical anti neo fashion. I must say I am flattered. ;) Edited by PoliteAssasin

*Updated.

@ Shepard. One step ahead of you. I already plan on wiping this records thread come 2.0 and make it kinda like a legacy thing with a spoiler tag for those that want to see 1.7 and previous records. You do bring up an excellent suggestion and that is create a ranked PVP sub-section for each statistic. I will def. be implementing that come 2.0. It could be like an overall records section and a ranked records section.

Sounds good, I will be looking forward to seeing the ranked submissions as I believe those will be a more accurate assessment of player skill.

Drop it. This is not a discussion thread, take it outside of the forum, or don't say anything at all. I get all excited to read a new record, but instead it's just people fighting over something that's already been decided. Stop.

thats called a double standard. No one was saying this when Zuhara posted his screenshot. I consider him a friend but in order to protect the integrity of a server records thread i felt it was important to point out areas of concern.