Sub Canceled Exit Interview.

Patrikus

Dear sir,

I came back to swtor because of Star Wars the force awakens had renewed my interest, and I saw that you had new content. I only lasted maybe 6 months on my first subscription because you did not seem put very much effort into end game content.

I was happy to hear that you went to a free to play model.

However, i feel that you have failed horribly with this game.

First off your free to play model fails, it basically forces you to sub if you want to enjoy the game. Their is no point in having a free to play option, if wanting to anything like warzones, raiding, etc requires you to subscribe in order to save money.

Second, the KotFE content is lackluster at best. I if wanted to watch a movie i could do just that. The lack of extended individual class story lines and the lack of unique class armor rewards, via the 'adaptive" armoring, shows to me, at least, that your developers are either incapable or unwilling to create a decent polished game, that takes into account the amount of time and money spent not only in subscriptions but also via the cartel market, by the player base.

I also find it very inconsiderate that there is no plainly available option to cancel a subscription.

The subscription base for your game is about 50% of what wow is, and is on par with other games that are free to play, there is no reason for the lack of support for this game considering how much revenue it is generating.

Respectfully,

Former subscriber.

to each his own opinion, not everyone will have the same definition of entertainment.

although what you have stated are true, there are still people who will play the game for what it is.

maybe we'll see you again when the time comes that you decide to return for the next saga

I only lasted maybe 6 months on my first subscription because you did not seem put very much effort into end game content.

Do you have Legendary Status? completed all 8 class stories

gear becomes obsolete every 6 months. with or without endgame content, every time there's a gear refresh it's an artificial way to get you to gear up again.

how many times are you willing to engage in the -> gear up -> obsolete -> gear up -> obsolete, cycle?

Even if there was "effort" in end game content, you'd find another reason to quit.

Edited by Falensawino

Do you have Legendary Status? completed all 8 class stories

gear becomes obsolete every 6 months. with or without endgame content, every time there's a gear refresh it's an artificial way to get you to gear up again.

how many times are you willing to engage in the -> gear up -> obsolete -> gear up -> obsolete, cycle?

Even if there was "effort" in end game content, you'd find another reason to quit.

Leveling characters is an artificial way to trick you into thinking there is content in this game

no it's not. in the case of SWTOR there are 8 distinct stories within.

Except trooper, that one's not a story, it's actually a torture device :-D

But OP, keep in mind that if the F2P model forced you to sub to do stuff you enjoyed, than its working as intended. Making it so you can do everything as a F2P would kill the game, cause no one would sub.

Except trooper, that one's not a story, it's actually a torture device :-D

But OP, keep in mind that if the F2P model forced you to sub to do stuff you enjoyed, than its working as intended. Making it so you can do everything as a F2P would kill the game, cause no one would sub.

ohh come now the trooper story is great! it's easily the most realistic story in the game "no matter what you do, the politicans screw it all up!"

OP, here's how I read your note:

"I am extremely disappointed that this game, which has cost you millions to develop, cannot be thoroughly enjoyed by me without paying for the privilege. I believe a F2P game should be free and clear of any and all obligations by a non-paying customer, and that it is simply inappropriate, and downright immoral, for the developer to try make money from such an enterprise. You were lucky to have my custom while you had it, as my very presence surely enriched the game and community greatly. I shall now take seek out another F2P game, and trust that other companies have the good sense to give away their games at a 100% discount - that is, after all, how the world works."