Biochem or Synthweaving for Inquisitor?

JediXMan

Now I already have a Biochem on my Bounty Hunter character. I just started a new Inquisitor. I read once that Synthweaving is a good choice for the Inquisitor class; but how true is this? I rather liked my steady stream of meds. Now I'm not a high level, but I'd like to know.

Also, similar question: is there a chart that says what ingredients can be found on what planets? And I really don't want to have to buy this stuff.

why not cybertech? Grenades, Armorings, Armor Mods, Ship Upgrades?

You can easily make more upgrades for your character (2 mods for each armor slot & 1 for the lightsaber Vs. 3 for lightsaber and 1 for each armor slot) Also, grenades can be sold or used for extra cc & damage.

Edited by Ekemeister

You can easily make more upgrades for your character (2 mods for each armor slot & 1 for the lightsaber Vs. 3 for lightsaber and 1 for each armor slot) Also, grenades can be sold or used for extra cc & damage.

Hm. You make an interesting point on the mods thing. I never really thought of Cybertech. I wasn't sure quite how well it would suit an Inquisitor (Assassin) loadout.

Cyber: Grenades is nice but they have a 5 min CD, so you can use max 2 per wz, so thanks to CD they don't do that much. Ship mods is also nice. but you only upgrade your ship one time after that you dont need to buy any more ship mods. Armor and mods, are both better and cheaper if you get them from vendor. You forgot earpiece, they are selling good on my server, but not good enough for me to keep cyber, i dropped it yesterday for bio and im very happy i did.

BioChem: unlimit healthpacks, stim and adrenals, it is the only thing everyone will always need. everything else is a one time buy and you are done.

Cyber: Grenades is nice but they have a 5 min CD, so you can use max 2 per wz, so thanks to CD they don't do that much. Ship mods is also nice. but you only upgrade your ship one time after that you dont need to buy any more ship mods. Armor and mods, are both better and cheaper if you get them from vendor. You forgot earpiece, they are selling good on my server, but not good enough for me to keep cyber, i dropped it yesterday for bio and im very happy i did.

BioChem: unlimit healthpacks, stim and adrenals, it is the only thing everyone will always need. everything else is a one time buy and you are done.

Is it possible for me to pick my skills now, level them as I go, and then change while keeping my previously earned skill level? I once tried switching with my Jedi Knight and all my levels went down to 1.

Is it possible for me to pick my skills now, level them as I go, and then change while keeping my previously earned skill level? I once tried switching with my Jedi Knight and all my levels went down to 1.

Any time you drop a crew skill and pick up another one you start over at 1.

Biochem does craft the consumbles, thats true. But every other crafting profession can craft things that you upgrade every few levels so it isn't "a one time buy and then you are done." Even ship parts have more than one level. Are you going to keep your level 1 ship upgrades forever?

Once you have 5 crew members to work for you and they all have good affection and some money in the bank then skilling a new skill go very fast, yesterday noon i dropped cyber, scavenge and UT all at 400, now i got biochem 358, bioanalyse 250 and diplomacy 183. and i have enough mats to skill up to biochem 400 so it will take less then 24h to do it. it have only cost around 500k.

Biochem does craft the consumbles, thats true. But every other crafting profession can craft things that you upgrade every few levels so it isn't "a one time buy and then you are done." Even ship parts have more than one level. Are you going to keep your level 1 ship upgrades forever?

before 50 getting adv armor or mods is just a waste of money, you can make blue it is cheap but you only use it for 2 -3 lvls. once you hit 50 a mod cost you 2 commendations and a rank 23 armor, better then you can make cost only 8 daily commendations, i think you can get 14 dailys per day, so why waste money on adv mod and armor once you hit 50?

Everything you need for your lower lvl upgrades can be bought from vendors for a few commendations, sure an adv hilt or mod for lvl 30 is 2 lvl better then the one you can buy from vendor but you use it for so few lvls i dont think you will notice that little dmg or armor that you are missing. And once you hit 50 vendor stuff is better then you can make.

With shipmods i ofc mean the lvl 43-49 last upgrade you do.

If you plan on doing anything serious like raiding or pvp, biochem is the only proper crewskill. Implants even sell for a nice sum if you proc the right one from rev-eng. Only downside is diplomacy if you have colorcrystals/relics/mounts that has dark/light requirements (not really a problem for you as you already have a toon with diplomacy).

For cash get slicing. Really nice when lvling aswell. Small camps of mobs often have 2-3 nodes right next to eachother, in a 40+ zone that's 5k or so. Prototype and artifact augments sell for loads aswell, not to mention all the crewskill missions and recipes you get ontop of that. And it's relatively free to lvl up since you can grind lockbox missions and get some of the money back that way. Cash is king! (you will need it for the ridicolous repair costs and respec prices) Just buy all the mods and gear you need, as they are the same for everyone even if you're artifice or not.

Artifice might be useful when you want to run your own little factory, but the payoff is simply not worth it.

As of now nothing compares to biochem in any way shape or form. You can even mail the reusable stims/medpacks/adrenals to you alt if you have the proper skill to use it, as they aren't even bop.

Got 2 50's both with biochem, and a 3rd one on the way!

Nuff said.

Edited by Konow

If you plan on doing anything serious like raiding or pvp, biochem is the only proper crewskill. Implants even sell for a nice sum if you proc the right one from rev-eng. Only downside is diplomacy if you have colorcrystals/relics/mounts that has dark/light requirements (not really a problem for you as you already have a toon with diplomacy).

For cash get slicing. Really nice when lvling aswell. Small camps of mobs often have 2-3 nodes right next to eachother, in a 40+ zone that's 5k or so. Prototype and artifact augments sell for loads aswell, not to mention all the crewskill missions and recipes you get ontop of that. And it's relatively free to lvl up since you can grind lockbox missions and get some of the money back that way. Cash is king! Just buy all the mods and gear you need, as they are the same for everyone even if you're artifice or not.

Artifice might be useful when you want to run your own little factory, but the payoff is simply not worth it.

As of now nothing compares to biochem in any way shape or form. You can even mail the reusable stims/medpacks/adrenals to you alt if you have the proper skill to use it, as they aren't even bop.

Got 2 50's both with biochem, and a 3rd one on the way!

Nuff said.

Well, in a way, cybertech is the blaster version of Artifice, as in it makes mods for blasters and other gear based on cunning and aim.

While the mods will be the main profiting area, the ship parts are gained via slicing, i checked the cybertech trainer, there are no ship parts or speeders for learning from them, so you get those exclusively through slicing.