In Praise of the 6.1.1 Conquest Overhaul

xordevoreaux

This is something I have been hearing from a lot of players. The changes to the Conquest system have drown a lot of old players back into the game. It's awesome!

It shows the devs have done something right, this time. The Conquest changes are proof Bioware can listen to what players want and need in the game!

Good point as well.

And those changes (coupled with the bonus XP stuff) have been pretty nice for solo players too !!

Very much appreciated !!

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point as well.

And those changes (coupled with the bonus XP stuff) have been pretty nice for solo players too !!

Very much appreciated !!

It has been great, there's only really been 1 naysayer, with a couple of, possible alts, and 1 angry person who just seems to argue about everything. Personally I think the devs deserve a thumbs up for the good work.

It has been great, there's only really been 1 naysayer, with a couple of, possible alts, and 1 angry person who just seems to argue about everything. Personally I think the devs deserve a thumbs up for the good work.

yup thumbs up to the devs this time round!

They'll get a thousand thumbs up from me for this! I never thought I'd genuinely enjoy Conquests but now I do :D

Edited by Ylliarus

yes and i notice a certain someone keeps trying to bump the other post! Let's keep this positive one on the front page!

Watch out, or that certain someone will start to think I have conscripted you into my little conspiracy campaign against them as well xD if you are to believe that certain someone, I am quite the evil mastermind...

But I'm just a simple SWTOR player who really likes the Conquest overhaul, like the overwhelming majority ingame. The only one antagonizing people is that certain someone himself...

Edited by Ylliarus

OK. I would like to add how I love this new conquest system. I came back to game thanks to quarantine and the last season of TCW :) and together with new alt friendly gearing, it made me stay and sub again.

OK. I would like to add how I love this new conquest system. I came back to game thanks to quarantine and the last season of TCW :) and together with new alt friendly gearing, it made me stay and sub again.

That is so wonderful to hear, welcome back! :D I hope you'll stay with us for a long while!

Watch out, or that certain someone will start to think I have conscripted you into my little conspiracy campaign against them as well xD if you are to believe that certain someone, I am quite the evil mastermind...

But I'm just a simple SWTOR player who really likes the Conquest overhaul, like the overwhelming majority ingame. The only one antagonizing people is that certain someone himself...

The best thing we can all do is ignore the other thread, and the instigator of all this. And just keep the positive thread going. At this stage the Devs 'should' be aware of how happy people are with the new changes, and that the one (or possibly two) dissenter is arguing, just to keep a toxic thread going. As I keep saying, if the mods are unwilling to step in, it's up to us as a community to stop posting in the other thread, and let in fall into the archives

The best thing we can all do is ignore the other thread, and the instigator of all this. And just keep the positive thread going. At this stage the Devs 'should' be aware of how happy people are with the new changes, and that the one (or possibly two) dissenter is arguing, just to keep a toxic thread going. As I keep saying, if the mods are unwilling to step in, it's up to us as a community to stop posting in the other thread, and let in fall into the archives

Oh, I am certain the devs are more than aware of the positivity regarding the new Conquest system. Remember, the devs always have all the data, they know how people feel about something the best. Feedback on the forums never has been the leading factor in their decision making. They rely the most on the data they get from the game itself, as that provides them with the most valuable information as to what is liked and what isn't. I trust that they have noticed how liked the new Conquest overhaul is ingame :D

The fact that a ton of old players as well as new ones have come (back) to the game also is a clear indicator that the new Conquest system is approved of and liked. Or at least, that it's one of the reasons why so many people have been flowing into SWTOR again!

They'll get a thousand thumbs up from me for this! I never thought I'd genuinely enjoy Conquests but now I do :D

Now THIS is where I'm at.

A few weeks ago I would have just blown off the idea of doing conquests … "eh !! so what !!"

Whatever it is that they've done … if this keeps up … I'm hooked !!

Oh, I am certain the devs are more than aware of the positivity regarding the new Conquest system. Remember, the devs always have all the data, they know how people feel about something the best. Feedback on the forums never has been the leading factor in their decision making. They rely the most on the data they get from the game itself, as that provides them with the most valuable information as to what is liked and what isn't. I trust that they have noticed how liked the new Conquest overhaul is ingame :D

The fact that a ton of old players as well as new ones have come (back) to the game also is a clear indicator that the new Conquest system is approved of and liked. Or at least, that it's one of the reasons why so many people have been flowing into SWTOR again!

YUP !! Make no mistake about it … they get daily / weekly / quarterly reports of what's taking place !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Cool !! Welcome back !!

This just keeps getting better and better !!

:cool:

Now THIS is where I'm at.

A few weeks ago I would have just blown off the idea of doing conquests … "eh !! so what !!"

Whatever it is that they've done … if this keeps up … I'm hooked !!

Usually I only bothered with Conquests when I had to do that introduction mission you get when you reach level 70. After that I just didn't bother with it much. But now I actually am enticed to actively try to complete Conquests and try it a different way every time. I am not big on operations, so probs won't try to finish a Conquest that way. But trying it with PvP one week, Flashpoints the other and planetary dailies afterwards sounds like fun! Switching it up every week :) it's nice we have that now, that each playstyle is viable method of participating in Conquests.

Usually I only bothered with Conquests when I had to do that introduction mission you get when you reach level 70. After that I just didn't bother with it much. But now I actually am enticed to actively try to complete Conquests and try it a different way every time. I am not big on operations, so probs won't try to finish a Conquest that way. But trying it with PvP one week, Flashpoints the other and planetary dailies afterwards sounds like fun! Switching it up every week :) it's nice we have that now, that each playstyle is viable method of participating in Conquests.

I always did conquest, but only on the toons in the big guilds, and just to get the titles, and a little few of the mats, but since the new CQ started, I do it on more toons, and get much more mats, and FS plans for the smaller guilds I'm in. It's still going to take awhile to unlock everything on them all, as only between 5 to 9 of us play regualarly, but at least we now have a shot at it :)

I always did conquest, but only on the toons in the big guilds, and just to get the titles, and a little few of the mats, but since the new CQ started, I do it on more toons, and get much more mats, and FS plans for the smaller guilds I'm in. It's still going to take awhile to unlock everything on them all, as only between 5 to 9 of us play regualarly, but at least we now have a shot at it :)

IMO... this is the key (for the most part).

More people have a shot at getting to what the need / want.

I also agree that some of the benefits we are enjoying are directly connected to the "bonus" period we are experiencing right now.

IN BOTH CASES … I just want to thank the team for their efforts. (even if they have a hard believing that really do appreciate it !)

I'm very happy with the new conquest. I used to be in a large guild that would competitively leap on named CQ mobs and try to steal them from smaller guilds who were going after them. I hated it. It got downright nasty. I am not a competitive person, and I didn't like people getting into shouting matches over chat when everybody wanted one WB. Now that I've left and started over, I completely avoid guilds and pretty much all social aspects of the game and just solo everything. I want to play the game much more since I can do whatever I want and don't have to go to a specific area and grind. I don't have anything earth-shattering to add. I just wanted to add my thanks and support.

*Two Thumbs up* to them, and the community for uniting behind a great cause * :)

Yup this is the takeaway I am choosing to get from this thread - it actually was nice to participate in a positive thread! Heres hoping it continues!

I'm very happy with the new conquest. I used to be in a large guild that would competitively leap on named CQ mobs and try to steal them from smaller guilds who were going after them. I hated it. It got downright nasty. I am not a competitive person, and I didn't like people getting into shouting matches over chat when everybody wanted one WB. Now that I've left and started over, I completely avoid guilds and pretty much all social aspects of the game and just solo everything. I want to play the game much more since I can do whatever I want and don't have to go to a specific area and grind. I don't have anything earth-shattering to add. I just wanted to add my thanks and support.

In general terms I do notice a more friendly attitude around the Conquest system coming from players. While it remains competitive, it doesn't seem to be aggressively so, anymore. Because now everyone can contribute to Conquests their own way and no one is forced to play a certain way in order to be a valuable asset to a guild. Just playing in your own personal playstyle will be just as viable as any other playstyle.

I am also glad that you threw your support in! The positive feedback has already been overwhelming, but every voice in favour of the new Conquest system is appreciated! :D

Edited by Ylliarus

In general terms I do notice a more friendly attitude around the Conquest system coming from players. While it remains competitive, it doesn't seem to be aggressively so, anymore. Because now everyone can contribute to Conquests their own way and no one is forced to play a certain way anymore to be a valuable asset to a guild.

I am also glad that you threw your support in! The positive feedback has already been overwhelming, but every voice in favour of the new Conquest system is appreciated! :D

On this we agree 100%

Something I am curious about: how have avid decorators been experiencing the new Conquest system? Because there's actually objectives now for decorating our Strongholds. Have decorators found that it's a viable method to participate in Conquests by only decorating?

in an attempt to get this thread back on topic to its original intention - with today being a new day for conquest I decided to jump on my toons and just do something different - this time I noticed the bonus was flashpoints - so ran a couple of those and then switched to doing a weekly - I just love the fact that I don't feel forced to do something - even the flashpoint bonus was awarded if you did 5 but I felt no great need to do it since I knew i would eventually get there anyway! Edited by BigDRC

Something I am curious about: how have avid decorators been experiencing the new Conquest system? Because there's actually objectives now for decorating our Strongholds. Have decorators found that it's a viable method to participate in Conquests by only decorating?

Not really... It's 5k per day with max bonus... Not really any big deal... Maybe use it to fill out a character that's just short of goal

The others like buy and upgrade are useless if you have all of them AND they're all unlocked...