Was that flashy new load-in animation a 1x thing?

Sir-steve

Downloaded patch, launched, saw that awesome flashy new animation (Malgus/Shaan)....loved it. Haven't seen it again since that first time. Is there a setting....was it a 1x thing...?

Good question .. I have yet to see it ! It did "flash" for a second (maybe??) ... after that it was gone ?? Never did see anything more than just a flash . And (as you have indicated) ... that was it !!

Good question .. I have yet to see it ! It did "flash" for a second (maybe??) ... after that it was gone ?? Never did see anything more than just a flash . And (as you have indicated) ... that was it !!

. I couldn't even try not to pay attention to it, especially considering for some reason when I started up SWTOR that cutscene stuttered hard for whatever reason:rak_01:

. I couldn't even try not to pay attention to it, especially considering for some reason when I started up SWTOR that cutscene stuttered hard for whatever reason:rak_01:

Cool !!

I agree that's pretty nice !!

Thanks for posting !!

Cool !!

I agree that's pretty nice !!

Thanks for posting !!

You're welcome! I saw the animation on youtube, its quite nice and hopefully it gives new or returning players a good impression.

Edited by FlameYOL

I think I'd rather see more of that than the current "loading page" ! It's well done !!

I like the Onslaught loading screen but I wouldn't mind a new loading page, its been a while since Onslaught. I was hoping Echoes of Oblivion would've had one, like Jedi Under Siege did.

As I understand the animation will play every time you have your first post-patch log-in in your account. Hence, why you saw it twice.

Why would BioWare release such a cool new intro sequence, that nearly every player likes (at least the ones i've spoken to and seen on the forums) ...but yet they code it to only play ONCE?!?!?

Meanwhile, that ridiculous intrusive supposed "Welcome" (aka BUY CARTEL STUFF NOW!!!!) window apparently pops-up MORE OFTEN now?!?! --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=990744

ugh, i've supported BioWare & SWTOR for a lonnnngggg time, and i still support, but sometimes i really don't understand their decisions. Like really, truly baffling. :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder

I like the Onslaught loading screen but I wouldn't mind a new loading page, its been a while since Onslaught. I was hoping Echoes of Oblivion would've had one, like Jedi Under Siege did.

I honestly think what we are seeing with Echoes of Oblivion as well as the Mando FP are pieces of a larger puzzle ! You might could say the "foundation" to the next major story SWTOR. Connected to Onslaught the next phase could very well have its own "new page" or new loading screen!

Maybe incorporate a part of the new animation or add to it for the next new screen ??

That would be interesting to see !

I honestly think what we are seeing with Echoes of Oblivion as well as the Mando FP are pieces of a larger puzzle ! You might could say the "foundation" to the next major story SWTOR. Connected to Onslaught the next phase could very well have its own "new page" or new loading screen!

Maybe incorporate a part of the new animation or add to it for the next new screen ??

That would be interesting to see !

I would love to see that thought I doubt a new splash screen will happen anytime soon, both Malgus and Satele are very ironic characters that even non SWTOR players would recognize upon booting the game for the first time. I do however agree that all these plot threads we are getting are likely where the story will take us in the following year(s). The newest story quest being a mere example of them tying the alliance to the state of the galaxy and all that is going on within it.

Why would BioWare release such a cool new intro sequence, that nearly every player likes (at least the ones i've spoken to and seen on the forums) ...but yet they code it to only play ONCE?!?!?

Meanwhile, that ridiculous intrusive supposed "Welcome" (aka BUY CARTEL STUFF NOW!!!!) window apparently pops-up MORE OFTEN now?!?! --> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=990744

ugh, i've supported BioWare & SWTOR for a lonnnngggg time, and i still support, but sometimes i really don't understand their decisions. Like really, truly baffling. :confused:

More than likely because I could see players complaining about trying to get back into the game after a crash, be it because of bad internet connections or an actual crash, then having to watch that again despite the fact their character just disconnected in the middle of a boss fight. As cool as it is I could see people complaining if that appeared every time you logged in... due to the reason I mentioned, I do think it would be cool to have the option to allow that to play every time you log in however. For those that want it, I personally wouldn't take it since my one time watching of that in my screen had it stuttering. But it would be fun to have that option if they fixed the stuttering, I suppose allowing it to be skipped by pressing esc or whatever would also fix the aforementioned issue after a crash.

I'm glad it is a one time thing. It is not content and I don't need the game to hold me hostage and show me the same stuff over and over again. Anyone can visit Youtube to watch it at the link posted by FlameYOL.

Possibly ... but IMO it reminds me of the intro stuff that Disney does when loading their "+" stories ... the "Lucasfilm Mandalorian" quick "flash"

Just adds a touch of class IMO. And would probably be something that would change from time to time.

Priority level ? Low !! But still in fairness ... a nice touch !