Can I work on crew skills of my alts when on my main?

Macetheace

I keep having to switch constantly just to refresh stuff, add to that the loading times etc, I'm burnt out before i even start actually adventuring..

How about crafting stations in your stronghold, or mission control centres where you can check on the activity of every toon you have and issue out instructions? Only your toon would prompt you when its crew have returned, but if you pop to your strongholds mission control you can check and update on the others without switching toons.

Would be nice but nope.

CAn you imagine? ?? !! It would be awesome methinks. you can see companions working on your ship when you send them on a mission.

how about you can set up a room in your stronghold and see the same thing, but this time, you simply clik on them to access it.. the beauty here is all your companions from all your characters can be assigned here and you can check up on each of their crew skills without needing to switch.

Another great thing to have would be a version of your toons in your stronghold.. so you can actually place your toon in the stronghold. It is a create avatar decoration button, and it places a copy of your character in its current outfit.

When you are on another toon, you can place your alt in a stronghold, and they can walk around do things when you are on another character.. the model disappears when you log onto that character, but will reappear where it was last in the stronghold when you log out,.

One caveat to this is that you can actually click on the alt, and pull up it's character sheet, swap gear out and in for it.. What would be even sweeter is if you had a log on to this character option that will automatically log out your current active toon and switch to that one when you select it.

I dont see a reason why they cannot do this already. Most of the items that your companions get from Crew Skills are in a way, "legacy bound", as in they all go to the same Material Sash. So, we can just have a "Mission Control" style where you sent companions out, then on current character, we can "Accept" the rewards and they automatically go to the sash.

I've 80+ alts on SF, so are you asking that I can log into one of my toons, and send out 8 companions for each toon, from that spot??? so 640+ companions on crew skills from 1 toon? Supposedly we have botters (taken from another thread) I'm sure they'd love this option.. Edited by DarkTergon

I've 80+ alts on SF, so are you asking that I can log into one of my toons, and send out 8 companions for each toon, from that spot??? so 640+ companions on crew skills from 1 toon? Supposedly we have botters (taken from another thread) I'm sure they'd love this option..

Other games have taken this route, most quite successfully - about an even split being bound vs un-bound resources attained from such things. We were hoping for such features when they started piling on the comps via Allaince Alerts, but if they have not done it by now... Reasons™

As for bot/ script /macro kiddies... could care less any more. More people whinge "bot" abuse here than in any other game I have ever played, mostly with supposition and no actual evidence to back it up. The fact that BW let the forum troll-mongers pressure them into making the CQ changes is bad enough (esp since its painfully obvious how little impact it had on the "mega guilds" that the pontificates were whinging about, and killed the interest of doing CQ at all for regular and average players more than anything) - so just let sleeping dogs be and only worry about things that you know impact you directly instead of inventing things to worry about or listening to the chicken little's spread their BS.

Edited by Kaveat

Other games have taken this route, most quite successfully - about an even split being bound vs un-bound resources attained from such things. We were hoping for such features when they started piling on the comps via Allaince Alerts, but if they have not done it by now... Reasons™

Really? Which games, and how does it work? I can't picture myself doing it for 80 alts, but a few at a time, when watching a film would be possible...or rather, would have been possible, but with the new crafting nerfs, I don't need to bother, don't need the mats anymore, won't be crafting. But i'd be curious as to how it works though.

Most notable for myself were the Garrison system in WoW: WoD (bound returns per character) and the settlement system in FO4 (SP sandbox, tons of community mod options).

For SWTOR's possible version, I'd envisioned a legacy system that was stronghold based to keep honors 'even' and 'fair' while still being alt-a-holic friendly, but that would not preclude a per character setup either (probably with diminished returns vs the legacy option). But between then and now, the options for per character SH's was removed, so would have to be a legacy setup to function without reverting the removals. Could also have been a good way to implement a roll-over legacy level system with some decently new legacy perks (think minor perks akin to what guilds have now).

I know there are a few others that have similar features, but I'll let others with more direct and involved experience with them speak to their p/cons.

As for bot/ script /macro kiddies... could care less any more. More people whinge "bot" abuse here than in any other game I have ever played, mostly with supposition and no actual evidence to back it up. The fact that BW let the forum troll-mongers pressure them into making the CQ changes is bad enough (esp since its painfully obvious how little impact it had on the "mega guilds" that the pontificates were whinging about, and killed the interest of doing CQ at all for regular and average players more than anything) - so just let sleeping dogs be and only worry about things that you know impact you directly instead of inventing things to worry about or listening to the chicken little's spread their BS.

Didn't Neverwinter have to turn their version off due to abuse?

The original Guild Wars (which is still running) not Guild Wars 2, lets you buy the ability to have companions based on your characters. They did this so people still playing who cannot find groups can essentially go on the missions with clones of themselves.

It would be terrific. Luckily, the Legacy allows movement of resources between characters I think.

It would be even better if we could get NPC versions of our alts on different accounts.

you have materials in a legacy bank that allows you access them from any char, doing crew skills on char a while logged into char b isn't possible for the same reason we don't have a public API to develop programs for, it would result in an insane amount of abuse similar to wow, guildwars2, bdo teso etc. have/have had with mostly bots running the economy and the auction house

Edited by RikuvonDrake

The original Guild Wars (which is still running) not Guild Wars 2, lets you buy the ability to have companions based on your characters. They did this so people still playing who cannot find groups can essentially go on the missions with clones of themselves.

The original Guild Wars was a pioneer in many things; allowing up to 7 computer companions so a player can do its version of operations solo. One can even customize the skill bars of those companions and the companion AI is so good as to use the skills appropriately.

I used to run with Sabway, back in the day. Any ideas on the best 8 man team for PvE now?

Edited by mike_carton