Recent actions against some customer accounts

StephenReid

*Sigh

Okay, you show me where your, and a few others' claims, were stated by SR?

Apparently, this needs to be quoted again:

Think about what you are agree too. they are saying you cant stand in a area for long term and kill mobs, clearing it so you can loot a chest. I'm not sure how this breaks any rules. They have worked for it, they killed the mobs, the earned the chest. Its not a quest item or mob. they are not hurting anyone else.

If that is the case, when you get a quest to kill 50 mobs in a single area they by rights are allowing you to break the rules temporarily? SO if there are only 3 camps that spawn said mobs and you hang out there for pre-set period of time I should expect a suspension or ban?

If they don't want me on a planet at level 10, then level lock the planet. problem solved.

I don't see how a level 30 is going to clear a level 50 area. So if a level 50 agrees to help the 30 clear it and get loot, again, if that isn't allowed why have guilds or groups. You cant solo black talon at 10, so if you go in there with a group of people you still haven't earned that loot, you didn't solo it.

if you want people to solo content, maybe a MMO isn't such a good idea?

I'd like to draw your attention to this part of the statement again:

... they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

The actions taken by these accounts - and again, this is a relatively low number - were not 'normal gameplay'. Everything you have listed above is what we'd consider 'normal gameplay'.

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.

Read it through a few times, carefully. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Read it again. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Shall we do it again? Let me know if you don't get it yet...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you show me where your, and a few others' claims, were stated by SR?

Apparently, this needs to be quoted again:

Read it through a few times, carefully. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Read it again. Those that went to Ilum to farm a bit: NO ACTION TAKEN.

Shall we do it again? Let me know if you don't get it yet...

so again i say why is farming for more than a bit causing ACTION TO BE TAKEN?

It's not an obvious bug - thats the key difference.

Duping items or currency somehow is an obvious bug. Botting is an obvious exploit. Both clearly bannable offenses.

Looting and collecting items, waiting for the respawn, and selling them to npcs is not an obvious bug and doesn't warrant a temporary ban.

Looting it 24/7 so noone else can DOES. Man are you really this dense?

Looting it 24/7 so noone else can DOES. Man are you really this dense?

So no one else can? You make no sense whatsoever. Obviously they have to sell the items to get the currency. They might be able to camp it a lot but you should'nt be banned or temporarily banned for camping resources.

Are you so dense to not understand that players can camp resources in MMO's and thats ok?

So no one else can? You make no sense whatsoever. Obviously they have to sell the items to get the currency. They might be able to camp it a lot but you should'nt be banned or temporarily banned for camping resources.

Are you so dense to not understand that players can camp resources in MMO's and thats ok?

It is obviously NOT ok to camp these at lower levels. If you camp it then noone else can use it. You have to learn to share. Camping resources IN THIS GAME is NOT OK. Is that clear enough for you? Bioware isnt going to let people like you grief the rest of us.

so again i say why is farming for more than a bit causing ACTION TO BE TAKEN?

Err...

... they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

And if you're looking for details:

While we will not being going into further details of the accounts that were actioned against, suffice to say they were not conducting any activities similar to what you described.

And take a CAREFUL read of what Nemrodh described. The very things people fear in this thread was actioned against...WEREN'T.

And take a CAREFUL read of what Nemrodh described. The very things people fear in this thread was actioned against...WEREN'T.

They dont want facts they want to rant about something that didnt even happen. Rampant rumors etc. They want to know where the line is so they can walk up to it but not cross it. Thats why Bioware wont say exactly where the line is.

It is obviously NOT ok to camp these at lower levels. If you camp it then noone else can use it. You have to learn to share. Camping resources IN THIS GAME is NOT OK. Is that clear enough for you? Bioware isnt going to let people like you grief the rest of us.

It's the way the game was designed and thats what you don't get. Make a cap for how often you can grab the resources or whatever like every other MMO ever.

You can't temporary ban people for designing a game with a serious flaw (that isn't an obvious exploit like currency/item duping, botting, etc).

I would never waste 7+ hours a day farming a specific item. But hell if you have the time and dedication good for you! You definitely shouldn't be banned/temporary banned for it.

Edited by humpacactus

Then you obviously just came to that conclusion yourself now which is clear from the post I made quoting you above.

We specifically debated about what normal game time is and why or why not it warrants a ban. Have you forgotten already?

Are you addressing me with this? I never ONCE deigned to stipulate what "normal gameplay" is. From the very outset, I specifically stated that it is BIOWARE who has the cold hard numbers via their metric systems that KNOWS what "normal gameplay" is.

And I simply stated the understood fact that "normal", in this context, is not defined by a "regular minority".

reread the post i quoted and what i said. they said that "a bit = NO ACTION TAKEN". which equates to "more than a bit = ACTION TAKEN".

So you are seriously saying you cannot understand the diff between a but and repeatedly/systematically? Really you dont understand this very very simple thing?

Are you addressing me with this? I never ONCE deigned to stipulate what "normal gameplay" is. From the very outset, I specifically stated that it is BIOWARE who has the cold hard numbers via their metric systems that KNOWS what "normal gameplay" is.

And I simply stated the understood fact that "normal", in this context, is not defined by a "regular minority".

so as you say you play the game for 20 or so hours you should get a temp ban since you are not using "normal gameplay" correct?

It's the way the game was designed and thats what you don't get. Make a cap for how often you can grab the resources or whatever like every other MMO ever.

You can't temporary ban people for designing a game with a serious flaw (that isn't an obvious exploit like currency/item duping, botting, etc).

I would never waste 7+ hours a day farming a specific item. But hell if you have the time and dedication good for you! You definitely shouldn't be banned/temporary banned for it.

This is your opinion you do not own the game. The people who actually run things see it differently. In THIS game its not the same old same old. They are actually enforcing rules. For every one griefer who tries to hoard all the resources there are 100 who are happy he is gone.

This is your opinion you do not own the game. The people who actually run things see it differently. In THIS game its not the same old same old. They are actually enforcing rules. For every one griefer who tries to hoard all the resources there are 100 who are happy he is gone.

So this game its not the "same old same old."

Great point.....

So you are seriously saying you cannot understand the diff between a but and repeatedly/systematically? Really you dont understand this very very simple thing?

i do and thats why i said for "more than a bit". which is how i was refering to the repeatedly and systematically.

so as you say you play the game for 20 or so hours you should get a temp ban since you are not using "normal gameplay" correct?

Lol ya thats what the developer said. He said if you play the game for more than 20 hours you get banned. I mean really there should be a test to get on the forums.

Lol ya thats what the developer said. He said if you play the game for more than 20 hours you get banned. I mean really there should be a test to get on the forums.

Are you even reading the forum at all!! Please re-read this last page or two because he wasn't talking about the developers at all.

You may need to take a forum test I'm afraid.

Edited by humpacactus

Temporary bans where given for people farming in level 50 zones. I thought this had been clarified by now.

In this scenario temporary bans are not as bad but still extremely ridiculous. We can debate about this further if you'd like.

EDIT: Why are you even back on these forums anyway? We had debunked you as an obvious fanboy troll pages ago when you claimed the people banned had been botting/exploiting. You had no proof and I asked you for proof. Do you not see how hypocritical your being here?

Quit trolling.

You've ignored or casually dismissed literally every poster with fallacies, strawman arguments, and creating imaginary "metrics" for what constitutes what, who explained this to you for the past dozen or so pages. Either you're physically incapable of grasping the basics of gameplay balance, or you're just here to tick other people off by insulting them and being obtuse.

Either way, it's clear that you really serve no purpose in this topic other then to aggravate, troll, and insult other people given your posting history.

By the way, calling someone a fanboy as a defense against their claims is akin to claiming that you have no real argument yourself, and are falling back on insults to defend your position. Which in turn is akin to saying you have no real beliefs aside from "i'm right, you're wrong" to support your beliefs.

Not that I expect to get a rational, civil, or decent reply out of you after the last few pages.

All you seem to be able to do is ignore people who post responding to your claims, nudge other people and go "Fanboys, eh? Eh? Am I right?" and act like noone could possibly compare to your insight and wisdom, which is flawed on a fundamental level. See: Bioware disagreeing with you, and dealing with botters, exploiters, gold sellers, and other trash that ruins MMO's for the greater whole of the playerbase.

Edited by Radiatonia