Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

merovejec
07.07.2018 , 01:44 AM | #31
The SH is totally awesome! If you put in the terminals from fleet people will only go there and no place else!

Thing is that this might actually kill the unranked warzone ques! Many guilds are already saying they will only play balanced matches at their SH.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Mubrak
07.07.2018 , 01:51 AM | #32
I like the concept of both the Rishi "village" and the patrol carrier, This is basically two strongholds for the price of one. I would love the ability to directly enter the carrier, though, even if it's just a new stronghold that consists only of the ship.

What I don't like:
  • The whole PVP area / companion thing.

Even if you dismiss your companion before entering the PVP area, they will be summoned automatically when you leave the area, and the next time you enter you get that huge annoying message.

A couple of possible solutions:
    - Just make the whole stronghold a no-companion zone, we can still have them stand around as decorations.
    - Remember if we had a companion out when entering the PVP area and do not summon them if we didn't.
    - Let us to switch PVP on or off, and disable either companions or the open PVP zones.

• Hooks
    - That small island you showed in the teaser-screenshot? Right down from the entrance? Just add a ton of small hooks in the muddy area for our pets, and a medium hook or two in the middle for some plants. Proceed to do the same on all beach areas.

- Those doors that are just there for flavour? Place a narrow medium hook in front of them, so we can "block" them with some crates (or the "owners" of the place can stand in front of it if you go with a public area theme)

- Much worse, there are again hooks at ankle or even knee height (e.g. in the first arena right after the entrance) those hooks are worhless if you have even the slightest bit of OCD. You can only use them for decos that continue down into the floor (so they don't seem to hover in the air) or for pets, npcs, companions and mounts that move down to the floor automatically.

- Another issue is area-design for functionality. A functional stronghold needs cargo, legacy and guild banks, GTN, mailbox, a vendor and a workbench all close to the entrance. Most of us try to integrate that functionality into the stronghold's theme.

On Rishi that's very difficult, there are no wall hooks anywhere near the entrance, so we need a fleet-style GTN terminal, there are no floor hooks at walls where someone ingame would actually place something designed like the cargo bay, etc.

Just getting to the patrol carrier takes longer than it takes to get to my utility room on Yavin and then there are barely any floor hooks near walls where something can actually be moved to the wall. Most walls are covered by the pipes, and there are no hooks to the left and right of most doorways, and no wall hooks for a GTN.

So what do I think? As I said, I see them as two separate strongholds, and there's also the whole PVP thing.

As a PVP-event stronghold, or guild stronghold, even place to RP, the place is awesome, the customizable hutball arena with the option for different layouts alone is amazing. The place has enough built-in decorations that it doesn't really need anything else to feel like a proper area of the game. As a fully fleshed out area just waiting for the players to create their own content the stronghold is great.

As a personal SH (i.e. your character's home) it's a bit limited:

The Rishi "village" - I call it that because it doesn't really work as your personal hideout. - needs to be filled with NPC decorations (or other players) doing their thing, with you being just another visitor. There isn't really a place anywhere near the entrance that you can call home (unless you like squatting on a wooden platform)

The patrol carrier would be a nice replacement for the train. Good FPS and no annoying train sounds. It suffers similarly from floor hooks being only near the wall and not the center, and the walls with their pipes or angled wall design don't work well with standard wall-furniture.

Will I get the stronghold? The (expertly done) focus on group/pvp utility limits the use as a personal stronghold to a point where geting it is not something I'm going to do "at any cost". I currently have 13 strongholds (3x each of Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas). Giving up 4 Strongholds just to get Rishi is not worth it for me. If I can switch one of my current SHs for Rishi, or keep all of them, I will get it.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Mubrak
07.07.2018 , 03:11 AM | #33
BUG: When you log out in a PVP zone and log in again, you can summon your companion within the pvp zone.

BUG (or strange design): You are dismounted when entering a PVP zone, but can still mount within. Might make for some interesting Huttball games when the ball carrrier rides to the goal on his flaming holo-rancor

DrakeVenku
07.07.2018 , 03:21 AM | #34
Does anyone has the same problem to start the Pts Server?
I tried to log in and my complete resolution gets ugly. And the the loadingscreen doesn't load.
My mouse trigger doesn't even get into the game. And wen i try the normal game everything is as usual.
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung.

Mubrak
07.07.2018 , 03:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DrakeVenku View Post
I tried to log in and my complete resolution gets ugly. And the the loadingscreen doesn't load.
My mouse trigger doesn't even get into the game. And wen i try the normal game everything is as usual.
See here: PSA: copy your live client settings when the game doesn't load on PTS

JediBoadicea
07.07.2018 , 04:47 AM | #36
Thank you for opening up the new stronghold on the PTS for us to provide feedback! This post is going to be focused entirely on hook layouts. I added some general thoughts and feelings in this subsequent post, but here I want to laser-focus on hook layouts first, since this is pivotal to decorating.

I've gone through the entire SH and broken it down into areas below. Wherever appropriate I have included screencaps of the relevant hooks.

I'm putting spoiler tags around the items in each individual section purely to make this easier to parse and less cluttered on the eyes.

Suggestions for Changes to the Hook Layouts in the Rishi SH

The Load-In Platform

Spoiler

Team PVP Area

Spoiler

Staging Room

Spoiler

Sun Room

Spoiler

Hideout Exterior Lower Level

Spoiler

Hideout Exterior Upper Level

Spoiler

Hillside Room

Spoiler

Hideout Exterior Third Level

Spoiler

Beach Area (and Approach to Beach Area)

Spoiler

Hidden Cave

Spoiler

Islands

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Corridors

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Reactor Room

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Escape Pods

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Port and Starboard Quarters

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Captain's Quarters

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Bridge

Spoiler

Patrol Carrier - Sky Deck

Spoiler

And I know I said this post was going to be solely about hook layouts, but I feel compelled to direct the team to this forum post here where I have a suggestion about caps on strongholds, just in case it hasn't been seen yet. (I mean... after all the work I put into this post, I would hate to not be able to actually get this stronghold!!)

casirabit
07.07.2018 , 04:56 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
You don't get my message, and it was directed at Eric. I have re-launched PTS more than a few times, and prices are still the same, etc etc. The price is still 2.5 mill and 50 CCoins.
It states that and you do need to have the 2.5 mil on your character but it does not take the credits from your account. I still have the same amount of credits when I purchased all the stronghold.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
07.07.2018 , 05:08 AM | #38
The stronghold is nice, though not what most were expecting. I think it fits perfect for a bounty hunter or smuggler since it is supposed to be a hideout. Hideouts are not normally the best looking area. While I would like less junk lying around I understand what you were going for.

It was meant to be a hideout, not a resort type of stronghold. The walkways on the stronghold are the same as Rishi has. Though more beach would be nice but I am guessing that in a hideout you really wouldn't be lying around on the beach.

The ship is nice but needs more of an alignment with the hooks (as stated by various people) . I would advise that on the centerpiece hooks you put in some small hooks so we can place personnel on the hook as well if you want to set up a bar (the one that drops from copera flashpoint-requires centerpiece hooks) . I also would suggest when you break down the centerpiece hooks to large ones you have the small hooks on top as they do on the other large hooks. It would be more beneficial.

Adding more xx movement would be good to the walls and to the hooks.

While not a resort type of stronghold, it does have potential for a hideout if you remember it is a hideout.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

xordevoreaux
07.07.2018 , 05:15 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
- Just make the whole stronghold a no-companion zone
Nay, that means I'd have to go to another stronghold just to summon a companion while I'm looking at the gifts in my legacy storage to feed to it for not being able to summon the comp in Rishi.

Nay.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TonyTricicolo
07.07.2018 , 05:33 AM | #40
My feedback is simple:
Separate the two sections and have the ship be strictly for pvp. Then redo the ground area by removing 50% of the shanty structures and replace it with beaches, palms, waterfalls and the like. Sell the two as distinct strongholds apart from one another and everyone would be happy.
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G