Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up for THE problem of this game!

Good Job Xcore!

PS Where do I vote to Xcore becomes a senior analysts for Bioware? :p

Well... though working in the game industry and especially on my passion (MMOs) would be a dream, I think Bioware does not look kindly upon me personally lol...

As long as I can do w/e to make this game better its ok if I'm not liked too much, I'm looking forward to coming home and testing this patch!

I am ok kind of sceptical and a little saddend that there are all these threads springing up praising this miracle patch and Bioware only for me to come home... enter Warzone... see the same issues, throw remote through fishtank, watch them die and mess on floor... regret, clean up, start on new video showcasing it again.

I too am Eastern Time and will be extensively testing the new changes. We all know it is not completely fixed with this patch but one can only hope that a large chunk of the frustration will diminish with abilities that delay, but always go through.

Time will tell. I will update here with my findings for you all.

Whoa, XCore. Did you spot the 1.1.0b patch notes?

Now I am really eager to test this. I really hope they do not think this is the end of the issue because I am getting reports it is better but no WoW-smooth yet. Which is okay if they are planning on future updates. But 1.1.0b expresses additional improvements.

I don't know whether to do jumping jacks or cry, lmao.

Now I am really eager to test this. I really hope they do not think this is the end of the issue because I am getting reports it is better but no WoW-smooth yet. Which is okay if they are planning on future updates. But 1.1.0b expresses additional improvements.

Jump because they're genuinely listening and trying, cry out of joy because you know have made a huge contribution to the success of the most ambitious MMO project in history and made a difference in the joy of millions of players (knowingly or not)

I too am very eager to try this tonight... I don't expect complete fix so soon but my fear is Bioware believing it to be fixed when It Is not... That'll be our job to prevent.

Thanks for posting that hilarious link Xcore.

Originally Posted by Xcore

I'll leave this right over here... http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/

Also, thanks again for making that great video. I think especially the last 10 minutes, will hopefully help people realize that no one wants this game to fail, and that denying an obvious problem will not help. I think you are right, I do think its hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people who are ready to leave WoW. If these problems aren't fixed, I think this game in the end may paradoxically increase WoWs subscribers, as some people who left and tried this game will realize how far ahead WoW is in terms or gameplay.

I don't know where it is on their priority list; I guess my worry still is that it is not high enough and that my feeling is that we need at least incremental improvements with each patch... otherwise I see Warhammer all over again.

Jump because they're genuinely listening and trying, cry out of joy because you know have made a huge contribution to the success of the most ambitious MMO project in history and made a difference in the joy of millions of players (knowingly or not)

I too am very eager to try this tonight... I don't expect complete fix so soon but my fear is Bioware believing it to be fixed when It Is not... That'll be our job to prevent.

Yeah, I am interested in seeing the results tonight.

i too am very eager to try this tonight... I don't expect complete fix so soon but my fear is bioware believing it to be fixed when it is not... That'll be our job to prevent.

qft!!

Thanks for posting that hilarious link Xcore.

Also, thanks again for making that great video. I think especially the last 10 minutes, will hopefully help people realize that no one wants this game to fail, and that denying an obvious problem will not help. I think you are right, I do think its hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people who are ready to leave WoW. If these problems aren't fixed, I think this game in the end may paradoxically increase WoWs subscribers, as some people who left and tried this game will realize how far ahead WoW is in terms or gameplay.

I don't know where it is on their priority list; I guess my worry still is that it is not high enough and that my feeling is that we need at least incremental improvements with each patch... otherwise I see Warhammer all over again.

I think you make some excellent points here. People often misunderstand XCore and others who support this issue. Unfortunately there is a thin line between constructive feedback and "whining" when people should be able to make the distinction easily. I am appalled at some of the responses in these threads as I do not understand how someone can read the time and effort put into this and pawn it off as complaining.

It boils down to this. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Edited by Starglide

I think I'm opting for cry, this company has shot its self in the foot so badly by having a negligent product during its "meet & greet" period. I fear so much damage done so far to be irrevocable.

I dont know what they thought they were doing to herp the derp so badly in the face of their competitors and I really wish they would just take a mulligan or do-over with their launch + 30 days. I think they owe it to themselves and I think they owe it to customers that made no or minimal use out of everything they paid for because it was in such a sorry state.

After about 2 hours of testing on my Marauder this morning there are still animation/stuttering/skill delay but far far less of it. ex. Mount still has issues...

Ravage - actually SEEMED to be working properly no stopping mid animation and restarting or having to button mash to get it to go off

Retaliate - still needs some tweaking, felt ok but was not instant

Force Scream - Not once did I have it stutter or not fire instantly. I could fluidly Massacre > Gore > Force Scream then Ravage in a legitimate rotation, without interrupts from skills not triggering.

Distract - Worked no matter what I was doing I could be mid rotation or in a Ravage and still stop casts, never once in the 2 hours had to button mash and see no trigger.

Vanish - again never once had to button mash or had it not trigger instantly

Ability delay is not fixed in its entirety however;

I could FEEL the difference in responsiveness immediately when I singed in this morning. Its still not WoW tight but from last night its a pretty good start. BW is on to something and I have hope that they can tighten the combat up even further in the upcoming updates.

Just my 2 bits for those that haven't tested yet.

After about 2 hours of testing on my Marauder this morning there are still animation/stuttering/skill delay but far far less of it. ex. Mount still has issues...

Ravage - actually SEEMED to be working properly no stopping mid animation and restarting or having to button mash to get it to go off

Retaliate - still needs some tweaking, felt ok but was not instant

Force Scream - Not once did I have it stutter or not fire instantly. I could fluidly Massacre > Gore > Force Scream then Ravage in a legitimate rotation, without interrupts from skills not triggering.

Distract - Worked no matter what I was doing I could be mid rotation or in a Ravage and still stop casts, never once in the 2 hours had to button mash and see no trigger.

Vanish - again never once had to button mash or had it not trigger instantly

Ability delay is not fixed in its entirety however;

I could FEEL the difference in responsiveness immediately when I singed in this morning. Its still not WoW tight but from last night its a pretty good start. BW is on to something and I have hope that they can tighten the combat up even further in the upcoming updates.

Just my 2 bits for those that haven't tested yet.

They issued another changed since this morning. Check notes 1.1.0b.

People have been reporting that even mounting does not dismount upon channel completion. Just like WoW.

Fingers crossed. Please keep reporting in... everyone. I want to know what it feels like across the board with different classes as well.

Edited by Starglide

False alarm. Seems as if there were some trolls. People reporting it is better but definitely far from being completely tight. I guess I knew that was the case deep down inside.

Well, it looks like we will have to live in this thread for a just a bit longer. :)

False alarm. Seems as if there were some trolls. People reporting it is better but definitely far from being completely tight. I guess I knew that was the case deep down inside.

Well, it looks like we will have to live in this thread for a just a bit longer. :)

I've read reports it was tied to slower dual-core processors vs multi... I'd bet that multi-core users are seeing bigger gains than older dual core users... since the gaming community as a whole is divided about 50/50, mixed reviews is exactly what I would expect if my hypothesis were vetted.