Sage Reroll Choice

DirtyBirdie

Hey Guys, with the impending 1.2 patch blowing the sage to pieces, i am considering making an alt (i was going to make an alt anyway but this pushes the point rather forcefully). The question is: What class are you guys/girls going to reroll post 1.2 and why? I was thinking a DPS vangaurd, then at least i have the choice to switch into a tank once i've hit 50 if i choose to.

Why is Vanguard so high? They are nerfing the best tank hybrid spec, and changing how often HIB can proc, they are taking a pretty average class and making is slightly worse.

from my personal experience vangaurds are the best pve tanks in the game? So what would you chose to reroll then?

I'm not going to give up my Sage, but I already have a Guardian at 50 who's Vigilance spec, which is the main spec that got a substantial buff this round, so I'm pretty happy about that. My normal rotation's going to feel a lot smoother with the changes.

the only thing keeping me from shadow is the fact that i would have to go through the same storyline i just did with the sage so that option is out. Right now its between Jedi Knight or trooper, advance class still up to debate.

If you're abandoning your Sage because it got nerfed, you definitely shouldn't even consider a Commando (which was already weaker than a Sage and also got nerfed).

In my opinion, switching classes because of a nerf is kind of silly. It's not like the changes are going to make Sages unplayable, and if they go too far, BioWare will buff them back up later.

If you're going to do anything, either reroll because you want an alt anyway, or quit the game outright because you don't like the direction BioWare is going. Rerolling simply because your class is no longer FotM is just childish.

from my personal experience vangaurds are the best pve tanks in the game? So what would you chose to reroll then?

You said you wanted a DPS vanguard and I was simply saying the dps tree is being nerfed (assault) and the DPS/Tank hybrid also is receiving a nerf as well. In any event if you want a OPed class which seems what you want, then go Shadow/Sin, next in line is probably Sent/Mara, but regardless of what people want you to believe, ops/scoundrels are still going to be top of the food chain in pvp damage, and killing ability.

If you're abandoning your Sage because it got nerfed, you definitely shouldn't even consider a Commando (which was already weaker than a Sage and also got nerfed).

In my opinion, switching classes because of a nerf is kind of silly. It's not like the changes are going to make Sages unplayable, and if they go too far, BioWare will buff them back up later.

If you're going to do anything, either reroll because you want an alt anyway, or quit the game outright because you don't like the direction BioWare is going. Rerolling simply because your class is no longer FotM is just childish.

Actually he should probably just consider quitting cause I dont think any class is easier than a sage/sorc

This

Welcome to the wonderful rollercoaster that is MMO class balance. Classes rise and fall all the time, not because the devs are out to make you miserable but because they are out to keep the classes as balanced as possible. In 1.2 the Sage/Sorc falls a bit. In the future, it will probably rise again.

My advice is not to choose a class based upon how powerful they are now, but to pick a class that you find fun. I love my Sorc and i'll be sticking with him after the patch because he is fun, even though he is getting nerfed. If you are so ready to drop your Sage, I'd advise you to think about whether he was right for you in the first place.

This

Welcome to the wonderful rollercoaster that is MMO class balance. Classes rise and fall all the time, not because the devs are out to make you miserable but because they are out to keep the classes as balanced as possible. In 1.2 the Sage/Sorc falls a bit. In the future, it will probably rise again.

My advice is not to choose a class based upon how powerful they are now, but to pick a class that you find fun. I love my Sorc and i'll be sticking with him after the patch because he is fun, even though he is getting nerfed. If you are so ready to drop your Sage, I'd advise you to think about whether he was right for you in the first place.

It's not even half as bad as WoW (you know the game where they blatantly over power and nerf classes in order to keep their subscriptions high?)

at least our dev team is commited to keeping the classes balanced