Gault Rennow question

Tarakona

I just got him and was just curious for anyone who played a BH in beta...was it ever an option to be able to kill him? I know for Sith Warriors you could choose to kill Quinn in beta. Just wondering if it was the same for Gault, as the way that played out, it seemed like that could've been a logical choice.

No you can't kill your companions unfortunately. You can however roleplay that they don't exist and never give them presents. If you're lucky, in your roleplaying universe they will leave your crew due to feelings of isolation and loneliness.

NO PRESENTS. ONLY COAL.

No you can't kill your companions unfortunately. You can however roleplay that they don't exist and never give them presents. If you're lucky, in your roleplaying universe they will leave your crew due to feelings of isolation and loneliness.

NO PRESENTS. ONLY COAL.

He's talking about the fact that in early beta builds you could annoy your companions enough that they'd or just flat out kill them if you didnt like them. They removed it because of the way crew skills work a terrible person could kill them all and be at a severe disadvantage

NO PRESENTS. ONLY COAL.

I'm talking about beta. They removed the options to kill/abandon companions before the game went live but early on in beta I know for a fact (since I played through them) you could kill Quinn and Kaliyo for the Sith Warrior/Imperial Agent respectively. Just curious if there was an option to kill Gault rather than recruit him...as the way it plays out, it just seems more likely a choice after chasing him all over Tattooine. And the reason I'm curious to know is because with Quinn and Kaliyo you had them for a while before that choice comes up, whereas here, you haven't even gotten him as a companion yet. I guess that would suck for anyone who didn't know ahead of time he was a possible companion choice. O.o

Mako's annoying, whiney, and is like that little sibling that follows you around all day asking "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" to everything you talk about.

But, Gault. Oh dear me I hate that npc. Not sure if its the devilish look, or the voice acting, or what, but when I realized he was going to be my next companion, and I saw that he had like -1 affection to start, I just wanted to abuse him to the max.

Now, I look forward to the Blizz.

In the middle of Quesh now, and am sorely disappointed with the class quest there. I had thought it would be something where they gave you the wrong stuff, it poisoned you, and you had to find a cure while questing. Then, you could kill the doctor at the end for revenge (so, kind of like the IA class, but reversed).

The actual Quesh class quest could have been a side note quest between planets. Only real issue I've had so far.

But, Gault. Oh dear me I hate that npc. Not sure if its the devilish look, or the voice acting, or what, but when I realized he was going to be my next companion, and I saw that he had like -1 affection to start, I just wanted to abuse him to the max.

Now, I look forward to the Blizz.

The voice acting...ugh... The minute he started talking, I was like.....can I kill him? Pleeeeassee?!

IA was the first class I did, so stories have been pretty downhill from there...but the BH story so far has been fairly bland...granted that's what the class does. But yeah, I'm pushing through it because I can't wait to have a Jawa tank :p

^yes

also i really really wanted to murder gault five times for all the tatooine BS (for which i had underleveled myself so it was hard due to noob) - i was really pissed that i was forced to take this guy as a companion.

fast-forward to level 50? me and him stroll around the galaxy destroying things by the planet-load. best buds.

I had a bunch of crafted gear from my max level toons that I threw on him and he looks cool. But I can't stand the way he talks and what he says...and yeah...the whole mess he put me through on Tattooine still ticks me off.

you know I would have been first in line to space Gault out of the airlock if I could after the whole run down on tatooine incident but since we're not allowed I decided to get his affection up some so he'd be handy at crewskills, that's when we started having some chats about the things he's done and some schemes he has ....as a Darksider BH he's kind of grown on me.

I still wouldn't use him to play with so he stays as a crafting bot.

Edited by Brutalos

I just got him and was just curious for anyone who played a BH in beta...was it ever an option to be able to kill him? I know for Sith Warriors you could choose to kill Quinn in beta. Just wondering if it was the same for Gault, as the way that played out, it seemed like that could've been a logical choice.

Yes, at one point it was an option to kill off companions permanently. It led to a predictable QQ rage from a few people who managed to kill off all of their companions and suddenly found themselves unable to do anything except go to the toilet.

Yes, at one point it was an option to kill off companions permanently. It led to a predictable QQ rage from a few people who managed to kill off all of their companions and suddenly found themselves unable to do anything except go to the toilet.

At least they could go to the toilet in peace without having to listen to Mako whine about her childhood and crap all the time.

It blows my mind when people talk about wanting to kill Gault. His voice acting is very nearly my favorite in the game; heck I've nicknamed him Gaultmo. Yeah his species is grody to look at but it's worth it when I get to hear him say "Seeing stars?" all casual-like. x)

It blows my mind when people talk about wanting to kill Gault. His voice acting is very nearly my favorite in the game; heck I've nicknamed him Gaultmo. Yeah his species is grody to look at but it's worth it when I get to hear him say "Seeing stars?" all casual-like. x)

You chase him all around a desert planet getting sand in your armor and blasters, fighting off all sorts of beasts, jawas and sand people and then he makes fun of your ship?! If I had known the latter when I shot his duplicate, I would've misfired one shot at him -_-'.

You chase him all around a desert planet getting sand in your armor and blasters, fighting off all sorts of beasts, jawas and sand people and then he makes fun of your ship?! If I had known the latter when I shot his duplicate, I would've misfired one shot at him -_-'.

Well.. it is ugly! Besides, you nicked it from someone, you didn't get to pick it off the lot, heh. I mean sure if you chose the style and the paint job and and interior design or maybe owned it a long time or even paid for it, but..

tyressius lokai is the baddest smuggler in the universe, why in the hell would anyone want to get rid of that.

plus, unless ur playing a goodie good bounty hunter (lame), then his commentary is the greatest...hes not a dumb gangster like skadge or some emo kid like torian, hes a certified hotshot!

all my crew wants honor and fame

gault and i want money

Compared to Skadge, Gault is a scholar and a gentleman.

If I could kill anyone, it would be that big, worthless POS.

I was looking forward to killing Skadge when I first met him on Belsavis but very glad I didn't.

Skage is a tank. He's a great companion to a merc healer, and his irascibility is quite funny. Geared up he can take a whole lot of damage in stride. He's the easiest companion to get affection from (use him for Belsavis dailies and see what I mean). The only downside to Skadge, provided you use him as a tank, is his Techblade is difficult to upgrade and there are no Techblades currently in the game as good as a blaster you can give to Blizz.

Long live Skadge.

I actually like all of the BH companions to varying degrees. I've played JC and BH to 50, and I actually like Gault, Mako and Blizz better than any companion the JC gets. My JC would throw Nadia, Iresso and Zenith of his ship if he could, whereas my BH would only remotely consider doing that to Torian.

Gault and Skadge are hilarious, Mako is a great romance story imo, and there is no companion more awesome than Blizz. Not a single one. Then you have Torian, a whine emo teen trapped in a whiny emo teen's body. He's not so bad, but definitely the worst of the bunch.

Edited by Wetnap

I actually like all of the BH companions to varying degrees. I've played JC and BH to 50, and I actually like Gault, Mako and Blizz better than any companion the JC gets. My JC would throw Nadia, Iresso and Zenith of his ship if he could, whereas my BH would only remotely consider doing that to Torian.

Gault and Skadge are hilarious, Mako is a great romance story imo, and there is no companion more awesome than Blizz. Not a single one. Then you have Torian, a whine emo teen trapped in a whiny emo teen's body. He's not so bad, but definitely the worst of the bunch.

I've just met Torian and I admit I'm a little concerned. He seems awfully "green" to put it politely, especially next to my gray haired cyborg bh. I don't very often make characters that are much younger, in my mind, than early thirties and I'm going to feel like a cradle robber extraordinaire if I pursue the romance with the guy.

I don't know, the idea of a teenage (or even early twenties) super hard, ****** bounty hunter rubs me the wrong way. Her skills, gear and cybernetics would all take time to develop. Some kid isn't going to go jury rig a power suit together after school and win the great hunt. Well I guess she could have inherited one but anyway, enough of my tangent (:

Well.. it is ugly! Besides, you nicked it from someone, you didn't get to pick it off the lot, heh. I mean sure if you chose the style and the paint job and and interior design or maybe owned it a long time or even paid for it, but..

But...but...but....I like my ship...:eek: Except for the droid standing right at the entryway...he needs to be moved someplace he can be avoided :p

So I guess I'll have to try to start using Gault now for a bit. I just hit 29 and realized I'm already at 9500 affection with Mako...o.O Considering I've only done 2 of her quests, should be interesting when the rest unlock.

Curious though for those who use him, have you used him in PVP? Last night when I was on Tattooine, I got jumped by 2 level 38 Pubs (Consular and Trooper) and Mako was kicking their asses out-healing them, as they were attacking her first instead of me. And then when the trooper started going after me, she was keeping both myself and her up easily.

Edited by Tarakona

all my crew wants honor and fame

gault and i want money

I wish I could have this as a bumper sticker on my ship.

Can we all agree that 2V-RB is far worse than any companion. WTB option to remove his voice box. And a hint: gear Gault up, he's a bodyguards best friend.

Agree with both of these, forgot about the trash can. Gault at level 50 with capped out gear is a murdering fool, I'd take him over any of the useless "tanks".

And I agree with everyone that wants to off Skadge. I'd like to send that fat ignorant POS out the airlook, and video tape it so I could watch it over and over with Gault and drink beers and laugh at his big dumb freeze dried carcass.

Then I'd send Barbie and Ken out there to retrieve the corpse.... without space suits. Do-gooder forksticks.

Edited by bahdasz